Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
the fact they showed the face of doom in SW :banderas:

Hickman is killing this shyt. All other comic writers need to fall back.... DC comic writers need to fall wayyyyy the fukk back. :whew:

Moose_Greyjoy

I DO Not Sow
Daps
Ummm can I have secret war 4 now lol.........So far the series has been great.

Anyways who yall think is uglier Doom or Deadpool :lupe:

Moose_Greyjoy

I DO Not Sow
Daps
Should I pick up the tie ins. So far I read that master of Kung fu but it was random as hell and I have no idea what it has to do with secret wars
Honestly I've tried to read a couple of the tie ins and I just ended up putting them down......nothing is as interesting as what Hickman is writing. I say just skip them, unless it feature an character/writer that you love. I'm gonna try to read the Spidey and Mary Jane issue.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
Damn true about Bendis when it comes to Luke. Luke would never have gotten the type of push without Bendis, but... yeah.

I don't think Marvel really knows what to do with it's younger characters... DC has always been better at that. Although New 52 TT is trash... and they fukked up canceling YJ

Hmmm...Nomad-Rikki RIP, Young Avengers well Hawkeye still around, Young X-Men no comment, Avengers Academy CTHU, remember Alpha...he had what? 3 issues. There were some good characters in those groups.

Ms. Marvel is the best thing going on.

Moose_Greyjoy

I DO Not Sow
Daps
Matter of fact that Spidey MJ issue may have been one of the best Spidey single issue I've read in a long time

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
Spidey & MJ was good, but not good enough that i'll buy #2.

I love Star Wars. These are definitely the beloved characters.

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Really? I thought that issue was pure crap. No matter how hard Pak tries, you can just feel it when a writer doesn't have a good handle on a character.

Secret Wars #3 was fukking incredible though. Is this the closest they've ever come to revealing Doom's scarred face? By my account it is.

Man I think that is the only time they've ever revealed Doom's scarred face. I had a mini nerd breakdown when I saw it because it was one of those age old comic questions you never expect to see answered.

I've read all but the Masters of kung fu #2 but I liked every SW series dropped this week. All of them have this feeling like they are going to end badly. I feel like its leading to the fact Doom is too cool/strict to intervene as a benevolent God is going to lead each world to self destruct upon itself. Which is a deep question. What would be the good of God if he never performed benevolent miracles for his worshippers?

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
ANADMarvel1_June4-2.jpg

EarlyMaridia

All Star
Daps
SW is piff. :banderas:

There are going to be a lot of dead Thors, next issue...

Is that version of Sue, the 616 version? Turning her brother into the sun...wow. :wow: lol

Reed is going to flip. lol.

What deal did they strike with the Beyonders? Watch them come back into play, when Thanos and the Cabal start fukking shyt up.

Giant Size - Little Marvel is funny af. These kids out there trying to out hustle each other, and Tony's bytch ass pops up to serve all of the fiends. Caught that Ether from Spider-Gwen. :mjlol:

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Secret Wars #3 was great. No complaints. It's a great feeling when you're favorite characters are in an epic story with a writer who knows how to write epic stories. I'm just enjoying the ride.

As a John Stewart fan, i heard about Geoff Johns on social media a while back praising the character out the blue. Then he confirmed in an interview that Wonder Woman, Mr. Miracle and Stewart were the 3 characters he did extensive research on for Darkseid War. The focus on WW and MM were evident in this first issue, but he also said the GLs would be playing a role but didn't want to give details on what he had in store.

Mind you, Geoff aint done shyt good for John ever and plays favorites, with Sinestro and Hal being his 1 and 2,
so while JL #41 was a solid start to the story, my only real interest stems from this likely being Stewart's first time interacting with the Justice League, ever, in this new 52. and in over 6+ years in general (not counting alt versions in shyt like future's end/convergence, etc.).

Got me skeptical but :lupe: at the same time.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Hmmm...Nomad-Rikki RIP, Young Avengers well Hawkeye still around, Young X-Men no comment, Avengers Academy CTHU, remember Alpha...he had what? 3 issues. There were some good characters in those groups.

Ms. Marvel and Miles are the best things going on.

Fixed. Those two are the bread winners and neither Disney nor Bendis (in the case of Miles) is going to let Marvel editorial fukk it up. Thank goodness. It'll be interesting how these characters are set up once, I imagine, things "normalize" after Secret Wars though.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
SW is piff. :banderas:

There are going to be a lot of dead Thors, next issue...

Is that version of Sue, the 616 version? Turning her brother into the sun...wow. :wow: lol

Reed is going to flip. lol.

What deal did they strike with the Beyonders? Watch them come back into play, when Thanos and the Cabal start fukking shyt up.

Giant Size - Little Marvel is funny af. These kids out there trying to out hustle each other, and Tony's bytch ass pops up to serve all of the fiends. Caught that Ether from Spider-Gwen. :mjlol:
that shyt is funny as hell tho :russ: