Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
Damn... Patriot really did just disappear. Don't even remember the last thing he was in...

They brought out America Chavez and bushed his ass :\

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Damn... Patriot really did just disappear. Don't even remember the last thing he was in...

One of the things that irked me about Gillen's Young Avengers (aside from him making all of the characters into smug hipster douches) was that he used the Patriot costume but not the actual character of Eli.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly

He quits in the last issue of Children's Crusade and hasn't been seen since. That was like 2010

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
One of the things that irked me about Gillen's Young Avengers (aside from him making all of the characters into smug hipster douches) was that he used the Patriot costume but not the actual character of Eli.
He also dismissed him in such a jerk way like oh he's home in bed or something doing nothing

Mortal1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Bay Area
Anybody here still read the printed joints? Ever since I discovered Guided View on the Comixology app, I couldn't go back to looking at full pages again. I can't believe it took me months to find out about that mode after I download the app :snoop:, but Guided View is just so :blessed:
Plus the 99 cent sales they have every monday and friday :myman:

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
The racist bytchasses at Marvel did a fine job of "subtlety" shytting on Patriot's character throughout the Children's Crusade, basically stripping him of any leadership qualities and dignity he had coming in, railroading all the romantic development he and the hawkeye chick had, and leaving him a shell of what he was just so they could unceremoniously make him "quit" at the end of the series... as a means to permanently throw him to the bushes. shyt was utterly disgusting.

Originally Young Avengers focused on him being/becoming the team's leader, the Hawkeye chick being his love interest/strong counterpart, and then the Hulking/Witchboy gay stuff, Cassie/young Future Kang love stuff, and the Speedster guy. Each pairing had fair screen time but it was obvious what the trope was for Patriot in regards to the overall team and the main chick. But by Children's Crusade they wanted to make the gay couple front and center, and completely screw over Patriot.

It was pathetic because they had a cool thing going for them originally, sort of like the Young Justice cartoon, that they really could've built on. Now the whole team/concept is pretty much a forgotten afterthought.

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
Damn true about Bendis when it comes to Luke. Luke would never have gotten the type of push without Bendis, but... yeah.

I don't think Marvel really knows what to do with it's younger characters... DC has always been better at that. Although New 52 TT is trash... and they fukked up canceling YJ

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
The battleworld books are interesting so far :patrice:

Ultimate end is a bit confusing to me tho...It seems they are aware that shyt aint right, but everyone seems a little too calm like "fukk it we here" lmao

And its bothering me that Cyclops was on the raft with Reed and company, so why is he in this book?

Planet hulk is going to be a fun read

A-Force had some nice art..i am sensing some high fukkery levels in this book

Didnt even bother with that spider verse book

It's early but I wasn't feeling that first issue of Ultimate End. Dunno whether Bendis is just being a dikk with the troll job on Hickman but having Cyclops appear the way he does (wearing a similar costume as the phoenix egg having version we saw on the raft), plus the whole Stark vs Stark argument is just unnecessary confusion that would almost take away from what Hickman set up in the first 2 issues of Secret War. Like, by issues end we could safely assume (i think) that those are just alternate versions... but why even set it up like that? lol Came across like a dikk move or just :troll: people. But again, it's early and hopefully the story picks up.

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
Secret Wars #3 was great. Hickman's Cyclops makes me laugh for some reason

Master of Kung Fu wasn't as good as the first issue but it was still enjoyable

The truth storyline might be what the Superman line needed, Action Comics #41 was really good

I'm gonna read Nailbiter, Armour Wars and Superior Iron Man in a bit