Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
ANADMarvel1_June4-2.jpg
Nice.
  • The random Indian guy tho?
  • Also, the Bat Spider-Family?
    • Spiderman = Batman
    • Miles = Nightwing
    • Spider-Gwen = Batgirl
  • Antman flexin?

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Secret Wars #3 was great. No complaints. It's a great feeling when you're favorite characters are in an epic story with a writer who knows how to write epic stories. I'm just enjoying the ride.

As a John Stewart fan, i heard about Geoff Johns on social media a while back praising the character out the blue. Then he confirmed in an interview that Wonder Woman, Mr. Miracle and Stewart were the 3 characters he did extensive research on for Darkseid War. The focus on WW and MM were evident in this first issue, but he also said the GLs would be playing a role but didn't want to give details on what he had in store.

Mind you, Geoff aint done shyt good for John ever and plays favorites, with Sinestro and Hal being his 1 and 2,
so while JL #41 was a solid start to the story, my only real interest stems from this likely being Stewart's first time interacting with the Justice League, ever, in this new 52. and in over 6+ years in general (not counting alt versions in shyt like future's end/convergence, etc.).

Got me skeptical but :lupe: at the same time.
im intrigued by both companies directions , I liked all the DC issues I read , need to read omega men to see what happened to Kyle and why . Superman as more grounded hero is always good as well . Hmm doom and Stephen both know about what happened . And strange didn't want the power :lupe: strange is a fukking jerk though for leaving his boys in limbo all that time .

Turk

Young, Gifted, and Black
Daps
Reppin
Southside
:dahell: i'm starting to believe DC purposely fukks up their continuity. when does darkseid war take place? is it before or after the convergence? when does superman lose his power? why does DC reboot it's universe only to fukk it up in a couple of years?

Convergence didn't do anything but make all continuity's available again....there was no reboot and for the most part it had no effect on Prime Earth. The Darkseid War takes places after the Amazo Virus. I'm not sure how Superman loses his powers but I believe it's all related to Lois Lane revealing his secret identity.

Dirty Mcdrawz

Your girl loves em....
Daps
Convergence didn't do anything but make all continuity's available again....there was no reboot and for the most part it had no effect on Prime Earth. The Darkseid War takes places after the Amazo Virus. I'm not sure how Superman loses his powers but I believe it's all related to Lois Lane revealing his secret identity.

I know convergence wasn't a reboot I was more or less talking about the new 52 continuity being fukked up already.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
im intrigued by both companies directions , I liked all the DC issues I read , need to read omega men to see what happened to Kyle and why . Superman as more grounded hero is always good as well . Hmm doom and Stephen both know about what happened . And strange didn't want the power :lupe: strange is a fukking jerk though for leaving his boys in limbo all that time .

Strange didn't know people were in there though. He left the Illuminati months before so he had no idea what they had been working on in case the world ended. It wasn't until he realized Thanos' group survived (with memories before the end of the world) that he realized who he could have stowed away without knowing.

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Strange didn't know people were in there though. He left the Illuminati months before so he had no idea what they had been working on in case the world ended. It wasn't until he realized Thanos' group survived (with memories before the end of the world) that he realized who he could have stowed away without knowing.
Naw he made it seem like he had an idea it could be something important . He just didn't check since doom was a good god

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So in the new 52 has Darkseid been depowered to beatable levels cause in the justice league book he blasted scott free's legs with the OBs and they didnt disintegrate or transport them shyts to another dimension like the old D would do