Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
That's a sick cover.

I recently gave the Ult Spidey/All New X-Men tie-in a try and Bendis was pretty transparent with the Miles/Jean pairing. so now seeing her on the cover makes me wonder what exactly the long term plans are for these back-to-the-future x-men.

I don't follow any of the X-Men books but i always figured it was just a short term gimmick.
You can't be Spider-Man w/o a bad redhead on your team.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
I'm hoping they don't swap them with the old guard, although that sounds kinda impossible...

You mean swapping out the OGs with young iceman, jean and hairless beast? If it was sony and not fox that owned the movie rights I could see marvel trying to align things but I dunno. Also, with Bendis leaving the xbooks it also makes me wonder if the appeal of these specific versions go wit him.

You can't be Spider-Man w/o a bad redhead on your team.
Miles pullin bytches and he aint even know what to do yet :wow:

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
I'm late to the game, but I just started reading the Miles Morales Spider-Man joint. I'm up to 15 and really enjoying them so far. The only thing I'm disappointed in, is how they handled Prowler just a regular text-book villain. I thought it would have been interesting having Miles get his first training from his uncle, a villain. I mean, who better to know how to beat bad guys, then a bad guy. Also it would give this interesting relationship between Miles and his uncle, where Miles loves dude cuz he's fam, but knows that one day he's gonna have to deal with him cuz he's a criminal. Along with Prowler having this internal struggle of wanting to be a criminal, cuz that's what he is, and wanting what's best for Miles. Instead they turned Prowler due into your standard villain character.

Last edited:

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
I'm late to the game, but I just started reading the Miles Morales Spider-Man joint. I'm up to 15 and really enjoying them so far. The only thing I'm disappointed in, is how they handled Prowler just a regular text-book villain. I thought it would have been interesting having Miles get his first training from his uncle, a villain, his uncle. I mean, who better to know how to beat bad guys, then a bad guy. Also it would give this interesting relationship between Miles and his uncle, where Miles loves dude cuz he's fam, but knows that one day he's gonna have to deal with him cuz he's a criminal. Along with Prowler having this internal struggle of wanting to be a criminal, cuz that's what he is, and wanting what's best for Miles. Instead they turned Prowler due into your standard villain character.

Yea Miles Morales Spider-Man is crack. It's one of those books that I always look forward to reading.

I never thought of it the way you just did with the uncle but I agree with you. I don't remember the order of events so I wouldn't spoil anything for you but they easily could've had a Floyd Mayweather jr type situation where he falls off with his dad and as a result goes to train with his "Uncle Roger". You'd have a 3-way situation where Miles is at odds with his uncle (being a villain), his dad (the situation) and his dad and uncle being at odds with each other.

It'd be family fukkery and a new/better alternative twist to the whole uncle ben/aunt may dynamic

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
Them Beyonders in New Avengers :ohhh:

I'm throwing Amazing Spider-Man to bushes till it gets a new writer. I do think I've hated an event as much as Spider-Verse

Superior Iron Man continues to be dope

GollyImGully

Too many wavy women, gotta log outta IG
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
New avengers #30 :wow:

Beyonders are too do damn powerful

these fukkers killed ALL the celestials, The Living Tribunal and The Eternity from every universe? :mindblown:

i was always under the impression that there was only 1 Living Tribunal, 1 Eternity for ALL universes. I guess they work in the same way as there are multiple Galtacuses

Still the question is why are they doing this?

Would this imply Rabum Alal is even more powerful than them?

Da Rhythm Rebel

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Strong Island
New avengers #30 :wow:

Beyonders are too do damn powerful

these fukkers killed ALL the celestials, The Living Tribunal and The Eternity from every universe? :mindblown:

i was always under the impression that there was only 1 Living Tribunal, 1 Eternity for ALL universes. I guess they work in the same way as there are multiple Galtacuses

Still the question is why are they doing this?

Would this imply Rabum Alal is even more powerful than them?

the reveal that you-know-who was just a CHILD UNIT able to mimic what it perceived :whew:

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
Spider-gwen was so bad, the dialogue felt so forced

:heh: and then CBR gave it 5 stars. Cats don't believe comic book payola is real.

And you cats know I loooooooove me some hipster books.

And "girlie" books.

This shyt was trash. Only good thing about it was Gwen's costume is still great.... except for those green house slippers she's wearing.

That scene where she painted the city should've come with it's own homeless man doing a rimshot on a set of drums.

:heh: I don't even know what else to say. Keep this book next to your toilet. You might run out of tissue sooner or later.

edit: No, don't let this book near your a$$hole. :whoa: