Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
New Avengers 30? I was NOT ready for that.

I mean mentally.

I mean, yeah, it's comic books and you're used to a certain degree of flat out unstoppable foolishness from villains.....

but that whole "Dead Living Tribunal" thing, I had really just pushed in the back of my mind.

But to see and read that whole.... the framing was so expertly done.

It's like first, you hear how bad it could be,

then you see Captain Britain basically say ":to: these nikkas was unstoppable. An infinite number of Captain Britains guarding the multiverse, and we lost in a few hours." It gives you a human perspective.

Then Pym tells you what he saw.... that's some mindblowing shyt. I haven't read shyt like that since realizing what Morrison was doing during his early nu52 Superman run, with him showing how it would possibly look to a being with a 2.5 dimensional perspective that's stuck in what they think is a 3d world getting attacked by a being from the 5th dimension from on high.

Each dimension like a sheet of paper that you lay on top of another one to give more substance to the drawings on it.... a fight that took place simultaneously on each sheet of paper....

a dead Living Tribunal on each sheet.

Da Gawd Hickman. :dwillhuh:

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Catching up on last weeks stuff...

- Am I the only one feeling Wolverines?? New Sabertooth has me dying, I hope when Logan gets back they at least get to chill for a year or so as non-adversaries...I mean not even at that one bar that's neutral ground, like Logan and Creed on a mission clawing and rawring shyt up.

- Iron Fist...also feeling it

- LOL @ Batman being wrong about Ra's being behind all the events in eternal. Had to put a hand on his shoulder like "There there....there there..."

- Captain Cold feeling it being on the good side :jawalrus:

- I feel for Storm...she constantly has to shoulder the load of Xaviers Dream. I don't think people realize how much pressure that is...maintaining the sanity of the school, making sure the team doesn't destroy itself from the inside out or just plain old get killed on some dumb shyt.

- fukk Kitty Pride for hating on that Black Vortex swag :beli:

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Catching up on last weeks stuff...

- Am I the only one feeling Wolverines?? New Sabertooth has me dying, I hope when Logan gets back they at least get to chill for a year or so as non-adversaries...I mean not even at that one bar that's neutral ground, like Logan and Creed on a mission clawing and rawring shyt up.

- Iron Fist...also feeling it

- LOL @ Batman being wrong about Ra's being behind all the events in eternal. Had to put a hand on his shoulder like "There there....there there..."

- Captain Cold feeling it being on the good side :jawalrus:

- I feel for Storm...she constantly has to shoulder the load of Xaviers Dream. I don't think people realize how much pressure that is...maintaining the sanity of the school, making sure the team doesn't destroy itself from the inside out or just plain old get killed on some dumb shyt.

- fukk Kitty Pride for hating on that Black Vortex swag :beli:
Captain cold is my nicca :banderas: wish he got more shine or even his own book with the rouges . I saw wonder wonderwoman smiling at him when he made his comment :heh: the art though has him looking like a oldish man when he looked young in the previous books to jl

Courvoisier Clyde

Samui Joe
Daps
Reppin
Stankonia-ku
New Avengers 30? I was NOT ready for that.

I mean mentally.

I mean, yeah, it's comic books and you're used to a certain degree of flat out unstoppable foolishness from villains.....

but that whole "Dead Living Tribunal" thing, I had really just pushed in the back of my mind.

But to see and read that whole.... the framing was so expertly done.

It's like first, you hear how bad it could be,

then you see Captain Britain basically say ":to: these nikkas was unstoppable. An infinite number of Captain Britains guarding the multiverse, and we lost in a few hours." It gives you a human perspective.

Then Pym tells you what he saw.... that's some mindblowing shyt. I haven't read shyt like that since realizing what Morrison was doing during his early nu52 Superman run, with him showing how it would possibly look to a being with a 2.5 dimensional perspective that's stuck in what they think is a 3d world getting attacked by a being from the 5th dimension from on high.

Each dimension like a sheet of paper that you lay on top of another one to give more substance to the drawings on it.... a fight that took place simultaneously on each sheet of paper....

a dead Living Tribunal on each sheet.

Da Gawd Hickman. :dwillhuh:

Can you expand on this?

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
New Avengers 30 was fukking powerful :wow:

Who the fukk is Rabum Alal though :dwillhuh:

is it The One Above All?

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
Latveria
:heh: and then CBR gave it 5 stars. Cats don't believe comic book payola is real.

And you cats know I loooooooove me some hipster books.

And "girlie" books.

This shyt was trash. Only good thing about it was Gwen's costume is still great.... except for those green house slippers she's wearing.

That scene where she painted the city should've come with it's own homeless man doing a rimshot on a set of drums.

:heh: I don't even know what else to say. Keep this book next to your toilet. You might run out of tissue sooner or later.

edit: No, don't let this book near your a$$hole. :whoa:
CBR is run by fukktards

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
I just got done with issue 22 of Ultimate Spider-man. Did not expect for his mom to die. I thought it was gonna be his dad.. That last panel where Miles is holding his mom's dead body in his arms kinda got to me.

Miles quitting being Spider-Man resonates with me, cuz I'm at a crossroads in my life where situations are causing me to feel I might have to quit being apart of who I am.

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
Latveria
I just got done with issue 22 of Ultimate Spider-man. Did not expect for his mom to die. I thought it was gonna be his dad.. That last panel where Miles is holding his mom's dead body in his arms kinda got to me.
his mom was a cutie
msmorales.jpg

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps
Im gonna let it play out , cause prior to infinity I thought the baddies were built up the same way and then got sonned
Sonned by who? These nikkas just took out every Celestial, every cosmic abstract, every Eternity from every universe and the Living Tribunal!

I'm sure their wave of destruction will end somehow, but it won't be them getting beaten by raw power, unless somehow Rabum Alal is a stronger than them.

Hickman is cementing his spot as one of the most influential and GOAT comic book writers right now. We've watched him become a legend over the past 2 years. He's rewriting the entire cosmic hierarchy and structure of the MU. This whole incursion thing has morphed into a cosmic horror story.

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Sonned by who? These nikkas just took out every Celestial, every cosmic abstract, every Eternity from every universe and the Living Tribunal!

I'm sure their wave of destruction will end somehow, but it won't be them getting beaten by raw power, unless somehow Rabum Alal is a stronger than them.

Hickman is cementing his spot as one of the most influential and GOAT comic book writers right now. We've watched him become a legend over the past 2 years. He's rewriting the entire cosmic hierarchy and structure of the MU. This whole incursion thing has morphed into a cosmic horror story.
No I get what your saying , I'm going to let it play out I mean everything Is getting destroyed but still :patrice: