Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
I like axis but I understand if people are annoyed at it. It felt like a issue was missing. Like the various hero teams met up in issue 1 (also cyclops and the rest in that room being there felt random) and then next issue they are already decimated. They should of showed it.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
No one care about the batman news ???:lupe: or was it posted already

Yeah, but it will be interesting how Next year is going to look with the numerous Batman titles

I just read the latest issue of "Injustice." Stellar as always.

TNC

Hardbody
Daps
The review is a shocker since CBR tends to bend over backwards to find the silver lining on Marvel event books in their reviews.

Probably a personal grudge... or a Nova fan :lolbron:

I've noticed a lot of reviewers tend to base story quality on how good their pet characters are treated. Not sure if this is the case, but its blatant hating when you give props to the shytty art in the book over the polarizing story.

TNC

Hardbody
Daps
Ehh dope ? I can see someone liking it but dope ? Idk about that

Remender is a polarizing writer so I fully understand the variance in opinion, but I enjoyed the book and majority of the comic circles I frequent did as well. Tho if you are not an X-men fan or a character history fan, I can see if you did not enjoy it.

TNC

Hardbody
Daps
I like axis but I understand if people are annoyed at it. It felt like a issue was missing. Like the various hero teams met up in issue 1 (also cyclops and the rest in that room being there felt random) and then next issue they are already decimated. They should of showed it.

They touched on it by explaining The Stark Sentinels shrink, depower and contain you. The initial team was wiped out in the first 6 pages of the book, mainly by protecting Stark to prevent him from getting captured. Also, the fight was expanded upon in other books and ties like Magneto #11.

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
They touched on it by explaining The Stark Sentinels shrink, depower and contain you. The initial team was wiped out in the first 6 pages of the book, mainly by protecting Stark to prevent him from getting captured. Also, the fight was expanded upon in other books and ties like Magneto #11.

I know but even then they should of showed more of it in the main book. Add to that time jumps within the book (IE magneto is involved in the fight, Stark gets knocked out, (time passes that isn't shown) and now magneto is leading a team of villains + Deadpool.

Its not the norm for an event book to be tied so closely to the perspective of one character. Usually if stark gets knocked out then boom the book would follow somebody else.

TNC

Hardbody
Daps
I know but even then they should of showed more of it in the main book. Add to that time jumps within the book (IE magneto is involved in the fight, Stark gets knocked out, (time passes that isn't shown) and now magneto is leading a team of villains + Deadpool.

Its not the norm for an event book to be tied so closely to the perspective of one character. Usually if stark gets knocked out then boom the book would follow somebody else.

Its rare we ever get a full issue dedicated to a fight and I miss that about comics from the 80s and early 90s and greatly appreciate the Shang Chi/Gorgon issue of Avengers World for it.

But like I said, Remender's style and approach to writing is polarizing, I got used to it on his previous work and learned to appreciate it but I definitely admit its not for everyone.

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
The review is a shocker since CBR tends to bend over backwards to find the silver lining on Marvel event books in their reviews.

yeah, was gonna say this earler this morning

they typically give trash shyt like Age of Ultron 4.5 stars n shyt. CBR be sucking bendis dikk heavy, they're typically like XXL to Marvel's Interscope records.

TNC

Hardbody
Daps