Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
I didn't get why Falcon was acting like the leader all of a sudden either. Just becoming the New Captain America doesn't change the fact that Falcon has never been leader of anything.
That shyt feels so forced, they should just do it like Bucky Cap. He's suddenly leading the Mighty Avengers and he wasn't even in half of the issues before the upcoming relaunch.
About to scoop up Saga Vol 3 today.

Anybody have thoughts on Lazarus?
Lazarus is great you should check it out

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That Grayson series is so fukking good though.

I have always felt that the first arc of Runaways was almost perfect from a storytelling standpoint but once that was over the book became very ordinary.
Y: The Last Man I enjoyed from start to finish though and it was Ex Machina I thought was good but a tad bit overrated.
And Saga is great.
i like Grayson but if you want to write night wing and a more traditional nightwing story then you can't and if you wanted to say kill Alfred you can't . Im basically saying you can't have complete creative freedom in those companies

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps
Unless Marvel is rebooting their universe there is no realistic way anyone allows Sabretooth on an Avengers team.
They said the inversion thing will still be going on for a while after Axis. I'm thinking it's going to be someone else's mind in Sabretooth's body.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
They said the inversion thing will still be going on for a while after Axis. I'm thinking it's going to be someone else's mind in Sabretooth's body.
this whole inversion shyt sounds so retarded

Truthfully I don't even know what this Inversion shyt really means. Is Red Skull Onslaught going to reshape reality like what happened with heroes Rebord or is he using his telepathy to change people's personalities. And how the hell can it continue after RSO is defeated?

Mortal1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Bay Area
Nah the inversion means Red Skull is gonna take certain peoples personalities and flip them and make it the dominant one. For Tony he'll be more arrogant that's why he becomes the superior iron man and then Deadpool will be non-violent for example.

• Dap
Reactions: TNC

Mortal1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Bay Area
Nah the inversion means Red Skull is gonna take certain peoples personalities and flip them and make it the dominant one. For Tony he'll be more arrogant that's why he becomes the superior iron man and then Deadpool will be non-violent for example. Now for Sabertooth something like that will happen also.

Daps
Reppin
Latveria

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
BATMAN AND ROBIN #38
Written by PETER J. TOMASI
Art and cover by PATRICK GLEASON and MICK GRAY
THE FLASH 75 Variant cover by DAVE BULLOCK
On sale JANUARY 21 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T
Retailers: This issue will ship with two covers. Please see the order form for more information.
The team of Batman and Robin are together again! But what is the new dynamic for this crimefighting duo now that Damian has super powers of his own?
http://www.comicbookresources.com/prev_img.php?pid=29769&disp=ilib&oty=1&oid=56446
prev_img.php
I think im gonna cry :to: first minute cop

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nah the inversion means Red Skull is gonna take certain peoples personalities and flip them and make it the dominant one. For Tony he'll be more arrogant that's why he becomes the superior iron man and then Deadpool will be non-violent for example.
Ok and again inverted or not why the fukk would sabertooth be on the team ??? That psychos been given chances and instead kills /rapes/ cannibalizes he'll be back to villiany In no time

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ohh shyt also secret six back with Gail Simone :banderas: thinks this will be replacing remenders weak shyt

snikt6384

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
With all of this time traveling and inversions and multiple versions of characters, i'm DYING for some straight up pure 616 focused Marvel in the main team books. I have no interest in CARNAGE trying to be good, Sabretooth on any fukking team, Falcon leading anything bigger than the Great Lakes Avengers, or the X-Men still backing up the horrible contrivance and lack of logic that is the "fukk Cyclops" campaign.

And its not even like these things are written horribly. I just think they're lame premises. Let a New 52 style reboot really happen though. It'll be nothing but Image and Vertigo for me = [

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
With all of this time traveling and inversions and multiple versions of characters, i'm DYING for some straight up pure 616 focused Marvel in the main team books. I have no interest in CARNAGE trying to be good, Sabretooth on any fukking team, Falcon leading anything bigger than the Great Lakes Avengers, or the X-Men still backing up the horrible contrivance and lack of logic that is the "fukk Cyclops" campaign.
We had that with Mighty Avengers but it is getting rebooted now as a FalCap centric book with him in charge after his spending the entirety of the first MA book being a supporting character who did what he was told.

TNC

Hardbody
Daps
My favorite part of the first issue of Axis was Falcap giving orders and Thor being like ":rudy: bytch... you don run shyt."

Falcon getting the shield and title was basically a promotion to field leader for him. Steve Rogers is still running shyt from the War Room but on the field, FalCap is calling shots.

TNC

Hardbody
Daps
Truthfully I don't even know what this Inversion shyt really means. Is Red Skull Onslaught going to reshape reality like what happened with heroes Rebord or is he using his telepathy to change people's personalities. And how the hell can it continue after RSO is defeated?

I'm not really sure HOW Inversion happens, but the idea behind it was all the Marvel writers took each Marvel character and wrote what their "core value" was on the board. The idea behind inversion is that after they broke down what each character was ideally about, they then flipped them and took the opposite of that core value. Inversion will be the idea of writing each character as the opposite of what they were.

Its an interesting concept from a writing POV and it let's you know what each character is all about. Sabertooth specifically, is one of the most ruthless killers in comics, you invert him and now he starts to feel compassion for all the things he's done