Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think the problem with New Avengers was that Hickman hyped it up as if they were doing the unthinkable, but in reality all they did was destroy a barren already dying planet.

The most questionable thing the group has done to date is imprison two beings and mind wipe Captain America.

When it comes to destroying planets they're constantly given outs that keep their hands clean.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Doesn't she have

Darkseid's daughter

locked away somewhere? :ohhh:

loved jla #4 ...the invisible jet was dope

as for the death...
when Bruce finds out :merchant:

I just had a thought...what if
that was Black Orchid disguised as Catwoman since she does work for the government and I think she was sent into the justice league Dark as a spy so maybe Trevor called her back to do double duty.

Bud Bundy

A Bundy never cares
Daps
I think the problem with New Avengers was that Hickman hyped it up as if they were doing the unthinkable, but in reality all they did was destroy a barren already dying planet.

The most questionable thing the group has done to date is imprison two beings and mind wipe Captain America.

When it comes to destroying planets they're constantly given outs that keep their hands clean.

yeah that was weak ending to that story.

But now that I am invested i will stick around. Now I want Black Panther to kick Namor ass or at least go to war with him.

Bud Bundy

A Bundy never cares
Daps
I liked X-men #1 but it looks like Brian Wood forgot that rogue doesn't have the Ms Marvel powers anymore.

And New Avengers #6 was the first issue that I really wasn't feeling. I mean Mapmakers, really? That shyt was just stupid. And blwoing up a dead planet with no life on it felt like a cop out.
At least Doom knows something is up now. Hopefully he will force his way into the Illuminati.

now that would be a development i would love to see but I do not see marvel editor letting that happen.

Jackson LeRoy Briggs

You think you bad? You ain't bad!
Daps
Reppin
Earthrealm
So the GL Corps finally did away with those little supercilious smurf motherfukkers? :wow: I guess Johns wanted to end his damn-near 10 year run with a bang.

You guys ever read Fables? I know, a comic about fukkin fairy tales sounds :stopitslime:

but they get real gangsta in some storylines. I read one of the first few chapters and the community of fairy tale characters frames an interloper for child abuse just to get him to keep quiet about them

Then one of them guns him down anyway :ooh:

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam

I think the series is more about how in their attempt to keep their souls, they're putting the earth at risk. Their lucky breaks can't last and when that happens, I suspect we'll see a split with Namor, Black Swan, Terrax and Doom forming a team that isn't afraid to get their hands dirty killing other earths while the 'hero team' is going after the source of the problem and solve it once and for all.

Spidey Man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I`d love to see Doom take a seat at the table. Richards and Doom have worked together in the past, and Richards/Namor/Doom would be gold.

I also wish they would kick Beast off the team and put Cyclops in. They have more than enough brain cells, and Cyke would be a more logical fit.

Bud Bundy

A Bundy never cares
Daps
I`d love to see Doom take a seat at the table. Richards and Doom have worked together in the past, and Richards/Namor/Doom would be gold.

I also wish they would kick Beast off the team and put Cyclops in. They have more than enough brain cells, and Cyke would be a more logical fit.

cyke would have been there if he didn't kill Xavier i think.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You

Beast does have to go, he has been more out of place than Captain America was.
I figured since Cyclops was out of the question because of the whole killing Chuck thing that they should have used Storm as Xavier's proxy. Imagine the heightened drama with Storm and Black Panther having to deal with one another while also facing extinction level events. That would have been a lot better than Beast standing around looking awe struck in every panel.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
ncxlf8V.jpg

Has anyone read THE WAKE #1 from Vertigo? It's by Batman writer Scott Snyder with art by Sean Murphy (PUNK ROCK JESUS) and I think it may be the next great Vertigo series.

When Marine Biologist Lee Archer is approached by the Department of Homeland Security for help with a new threat, she declines, but quickly realizes they won’t take no for an answer. Soon she is plunging to the depths of the Arctic Circle to a secret, underwater oilrig where they’ve discovered something miraculous and terrifying...

Writer Scott Snyder (BATMAN, AMERICAN VAMPIRE) and artist Sean Murphy (PUNK ROCK JESUS) bring their acclaimed talents to this sci-fi/horror epic that explores the horrors of the deep, probes the origins of human history, and leaps far beyond to a frightening future.

iLLusoYuN_Da_Adidas_King

Psn illusoyun
Daps
Reppin
Miami Beach
I liked X-men #1 but it looks like Brian Wood forgot that rogue doesn't have the Ms Marvel powers anymore.

And New Avengers #6 was the first issue that I really wasn't feeling. I mean Mapmakers, really? That shyt was just stupid. And blwoing up a dead planet with no life on it felt like a cop out.
At least Doom knows something is up now. Hopefully he will force his way into the Illuminati.

You should reread the book she took northstars powers for that issue she mentioned it and not flying much anymore in the book.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Can't she recall past powers she had or did she lose that ability.

I thought the powers faded after a while and she has to te absorb them to we them again.
Honestly they should have never taken away the Ms Marvl powers from her in te first place.