Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Bushed
Daps
Anybody reading Fury? I peeped some of it while i was at a comic store awhile ago, I saw Barracuda and hes even crazier in this than the punisher storylines, i was :scusthov: when i found out the series was coming to an end. can anyone hook me up?

d7f281de4b22336821fb6a41118fcb95.jpg

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
I thought the powers faded after a while and she has to te absorb them to we them again.
Honestly they should have never taken away the Ms Marvl powers from her in te first place.

yeah I dont think she's had that recall shyt since Claremont mary sue-d her in Extreme.

She doesn't have Carol's powers anymore and yes I agree that they never should have taken them.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
September Is Villain Month At DC

Dan DiDio: When we launched the New 52 in September of 2011, we decided to do something different and daring each September to draw attention to our line and really focus on what our goals are for the year. What we did back in 2011 was relaunch our entire line. In 2012, we went back and looked at all our heroes with Zero Month and told some early stories and origins. This September we wanted to try something a little different and really explore our villain base, and show the challenges our heroes face with every story and every issue, because of the strength of the characters taking over their books in that month.

Jim Lee: To echo what Dan said, September has always been a big month for us and we look for an opportunity every year in September to do something big that really redefines the line and invites anyone who hasn’t been following comics to step right in. We launched the New 52 with all-new continuity and new costumes, Zero Month was all about origins of our heroes, and now the villains are taking over. One of the strengths of the DC Universe has been the strength of the rogues gallery. Often times they’re as famous – if not more infamous – than our heroes.

DD: You’ll see a story taking place over the summer called Trinity War, and there are events that take place at the conclusion that will launch us into our first major cross over in the New 52, which is called Forever Evil. Forever Evil is primarily focused on all the villains of the DC Universe. We couldn’t think of any better way to showcase the villains than spotlighting them in this fashion.

DD: You’ll see Joker, you’ll see Lex Luthor, you’ll see Darkseid. You’ll see a lot of the key Batman villains as well as the key Superman villains, like Parasite and Metallo. You’ll basically see a real cross section of all the villains that we felt represent the strength of the DC line.

JL: we’re also commemorating this event by doing something really unheard of, I think, as far as a major publisher - we’re actually adding a special cover on every single villain’s book. It’s called a 3D motion cover and it’s essentially artwork that’s been separated onto different layers, so when you hold the cover, which is a premium stock cover, and you slightly rotate the comic book left or right or up and down, the images move a bit.

DD: It’s an incredible 3D effect that shows depth of field on the covers. It’s the full cover stock, so it’s not anything that’s been glued on. More importantly, it’s actually pliable and soft to the touch - it’s a brand new technology and we’re going to be the first ones debuting in this fashion.

JL: They’re amazing covers. It’s an effect that you haven’t seen before, and like Dan said, it’s an entire cover. Any time in the past that they’ve done specialty covers, you would only get like a small trading card size image on the cover that was a hologram or lenticular bit of technology. This is the whole cover and it is amazing. The colors and the depth of field allows you to actually see the logo of the new book. Let’s say the Joker is taking over, it’ll be the Batman title in the background, and you’ll see the Joker title splattered on top of the Batman logo itself. It really sells the concept in a very visual way.

NKoNa8E.gif

QHLhmF8.gif

yUn3mxn.gif

ZiXy2rJ.gif

DTcckdM.gif

Knights89

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Looking for the Movement # 2, and see where that goes

and might check for the new Astro City book. Was passed some of the trades years ago and they were good reads

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Looks like Marvel putting out yet another Avengers book with Luke Cage announced as the first member.
INFINITY Brings a 'Mighty' New Team to Marvel | Newsarama.com

YaJ6K2L.jpg

A new team looks to be forming during Marvel's upcoming Infinity event, with the first teaser (likely of several) released Monday, focusing on the word "Mighty."

Here's the official description: "From the battlefields of Infinity comes a new team to protect Earth! With the Avengers light-years away in space, contending with the Builders and Thanos’ marauders ransacking the Earth, who will stand in defense of mankind?"

The teaser displays six slots for the team, with one icon revealed so far. If you scan the teaser image with the Marvel AR app, a video plays with Marvel senior vice president of publishing and Infinity editor Tom Brevoort giving more details about the project.

"Welcome to our first Mighty teaser, the first teaser about this new project coming up, that we'll be telling you about all week," Brevoort says in a recorded message. "During his tenure with the New Avengers, Luke Cage became the moral center of the team. While he's now retired from being an active Avenger because of the need to raise his daughter in a safer environment, the call to arms, and the catastrophe that is Infinity forces him to get back up off the bench and pull together a bunch of other characters to be the Avengers when no one else can. Luke's the one character with the gravitas and the wherewithal to make this happen."

Squirtle

Supreme Chancellor
Daps
Reppin
New York
Something I don't understand, in AvX Luke Cage was seen as a member of the Avengers, so how come now they are saying he retired and shyt?

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
goddamn those DC covers is boss as hell. The Omega Effect are the most badass eyebeams in fictional history.

Anybody else notice that the Two Face one is the only one with the character moving? Harvey's flicking the coin with his thumb.....

As for Marvel's "core" books and anything Bendis might be doing... I don't even care anymore. I don't even care enough to hate it.

Did you know that the opposite of "love" isn't "hate" like most believe.... it's actually "Apathy"?

I am VERY apathetic about Marvel's "Bendis-verse" books.