Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
Nah man, Bendis Contradicts his own shyt....

In Alias it was established that Jessica went to school with and had a huge crush on Peter Parker.

During the Trust arc of New Avengers Dr Strange casts a spell on the team that will show everyone their inner image of themselves. Peter appears as himself when he was a nerd in School and Bendis has Jessica say "Who's that?" :mindblown:

Then there was the thing with Luke Cages baby. Bendis had the baby suddenly develop green skrull eyes and he NEVER addressed it again...:mindblown:

I'm telling you, breh... a big part of why Bendis contradicts himself is because he doesn't write all his own shyt.

You really do get used to a writer's style despite what characters he writes because of the plots and situations he puts them in and how they think out of them. By the way they describe the world they're creating.

You can always tell Christopher Priest's writing by the way he jumps time wise.

You can always tell Warren Ellis' writing because he's... one of those weird fukkers.

Look at Bendis' work in Jinx, Torso, Daredevil, Alias and Powers

then compare it to Ultimate Spidey (his work with Bagley),

then compare that to his Avengers work.

And compare that to his work with Immomen.

It's all different writers! :wow:

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
But really... what's going on with The Apocalypse Twins?

Kang kidnapped them and took them away....

Killed every other heir to Apocalypse's throne with that axe

The Kids were raised in Rachel Summers' future

Red Skull kicks it all off with Onslaught?

The Twins are here to stop all of that or usher it on?

Bud Bundy

A Bundy never cares
Daps
Nah man, Bendis Contradicts his own shyt....

In Alias it was established that Jessica went to school with and had a huge crush on Peter Parker.

During the Trust arc of New Avengers Dr Strange casts a spell on the team that will show everyone their inner image of themselves. Peter appears as himself when he was a nerd in School and Bendis has Jessica say "Who's that?" :mindblown:

Then there was the thing with Luke Cages baby. Bendis had the baby suddenly develop green skrull eyes and he NEVER addressed it again...:mindblown:

damn i forgot about all that shyt. Your right though he does not address his skrull baby thing again.

maybe something will happen down the road. :manny:

Bud Bundy

A Bundy never cares
Daps
But really... what's going on with The Apocalypse Twins?

Kang kidnapped them and took them away....

Killed every other heir to Apocalypse's throne with that axe

The Kids were raised in Rachel Summers' future

Red Skull kicks it all off with Onslaught?

The Twins are here to stop all of that or usher it on?

I think they are going to tie it in with AOU.

Are they going to use that kid from Wolverine and the x-men or is that the kid they said logan killed.

Squirtle

Supreme Chancellor
Daps
Reppin
New York
If its from FREE comic book day, why doesn't Marvel have a free download of infinity preview? Unless I can't find it.

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I think they are going to tie it in with AOU.

Youre right.

it just hit me that Kang was even there when they first brought up the Ultron War. It wasn't even a war between the heroes and Ultron.

It was a war between KANG and Ultron.... and Kang had already fukked up time severely..... There was NO mention of The Apocalypse Twins.

All the time stuff going on in Marvel, we're just seeing the timeline unravel now.

Now, where is Immortus? :old:

Jack Martinez

Rookie
Daps
Something with Sinister is gonna pop up and I know that's gonna be good.

The Apocalypse Twins had a really good issue in Uncanny Avengers...really went far. It seems Wolverine's secrets about X Force will have consequences after all....Sunfire was at his best too.

As for Fraction? His little monthly jack off party for Scott and Emma in Uncanny were horrible. Stopped buying that after the third issue...you could just tell where that was going. Just pitiful.

Tha Apocalypse Twins look like they gonna be a problem. Them killing a

celestial was bullshyt though.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I understand if you personally do not like bendis writing style but i think your are in a vocal minority. Bendis brought avengers to the top 10 of comic book sales when before him the only time the avengers was even close to that is if the xmen involved in there stories.

He did a fresh take on characters that were getting pretty stale by mid 90's and early 2000's made them interesting again.

The Kurt Busiek/George Perez Avengers was a top seller and maintained that status (without having the full backing of the company and two fo the most popular heroes in all comics on the squad) until those two creators left the book.
And there wasn't anything fresh about what Bendis did and they weren't stale at all...he just made everyone talk (and talk and talk and talk and talk) like they were characters from Powers while spending more time pushing the actual Avengers to the background to focus on shytty villains he had a hard on for like the Hood.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I think Jessica Jones is pretty consistent whenever he writes her. But i think every writer does there own spin. Take spiderman some writers write him serious hardly cracking any jokes if any. While others have him making jokes left and right. Or how different is hulk each time a new writer gets a hold of him. Since all these characters are part of a shared universe it would be hard to have them have a consistent voice through all there works unless you just make the character one dimeonsal and uninteresting.

Bendis created Jessica Jones so of course she seems consistent because she is his baby. and the whole reason she even exiss s because someone at Marvel decided that they didn't want to allow Bendis to have Jessica Drew (Spider Woman) being a drunken bar slut who let Luke Cage fukk her in the ass during a one night stand.