Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Bushed
Daps
who else got the twelve reasons to die comic

ghost.jpg

[ame]http://youtu.be/USd3ay54C3g[/ame]

Dirty Mcdrawz

Your girl loves em....
Daps
:whoo: bedlam is no joke. between saga, invincible, the walking dead and this shyt i've been inspired to go read some more random image books just in case i hit some more gold.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Oh and if you're not reading Archer and Armstrong......I gotta question what the fukk you're doing with your life....

Won Won

Superstar
Daps
My neighbor gave me a big box of comics that were his son's. Lots of stuff I've never heard of. I'll have to make a list so the Coli experts can school me. I know for sure there's about 30 Ruse books

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
Bendis created Jessica Jones so of course she seems consistent because she is his baby. and the whole reason she even exiss s because someone at Marvel decided that they didn't want to allow Bendis to have Jessica Drew (Spider Woman) being a drunken bar slut who let Luke Cage fukk her in the ass during a one night stand.

They didn't do anal in alias :mjpls:

Bud Bundy

A Bundy never cares
Daps
Bendis created Jessica Jones so of course she seems consistent because she is his baby. and the whole reason she even exiss s because someone at Marvel decided that they didn't want to allow Bendis to have Jessica Drew (Spider Woman) being a drunken bar slut who let Luke Cage fukk her in the ass during a one night stand.

Relax man I was just responding to hawk who said he does not even write his own characters consistently.

Bud Bundy

A Bundy never cares
Daps
The Kurt Busiek/George Perez Avengers was a top seller and maintained that status (without having the full backing of the company and two fo the most popular heroes in all comics on the squad) until those two creators left the book.
And there wasn't anything fresh about what Bendis did and they weren't stale at all...he just made everyone talk (and talk and talk and talk and talk) like they were characters from Powers while spending more time pushing the actual Avengers to the background to focus on shytty villains he had a hard on for like the Hood.

I was trying to get int avengers during that time and it was whack. The live kree or die story was ass and the triathlon story was weak. I doubt avengers was outselling xmen at that time.

Spidey Man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Anybody got any links to the books that dropped this week? My normal go to site is down

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps
Really liked the last issue of Secret Avengers. They did the Hulk wrong though. :birdman: They're really making those bums A.I.M. a legit threat instead of jobbers.

Uncanny Avengers was dope as usual. These Apocalypse twins are no joke. They're obviously the villains in the story, but Remender's doing a good job of personalizing them and showing that their ultimate goal, whatever it is, is something they truly believe is the right thing to do. I like Sunfire in the book. He's always been a powerful and underutilized character.

Avengers was good too. It was nice to have a short break from all that crazy weird space shyt and just have black ops type Earth story.

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
I forgot to mention it last week, but Bloodshot gave Toyo Harada that WORK. Its a cool twist that Bloodshot isn't just on some "Ultimate Soldier" shyt, but was specifically made to kill Psiots... and who's upper limit is killing Toyo Harada. I'm guessing that the Military folks Toyo's plotting on in his backstory (which so far as been EXCELLENT) made Bloodshot to wipe 'em all out.

Harbinger was great again. I'm glad they've toned down Zephyr's super nerd girl stannism.

I wonder how the escaped Psiot kids thing is gonna play out? I don't remember there being such a thing in either of the last two Valiant runs.

Archer and Armstrong #0 was great. The Lost Land, huh. Does Gold Key still own the rights to Turok, Solar and Magnus: Robot Fighter? I'm interested to see how all of this (Unity) plays out without the three characters.

Is Ivar still lost in time, I wonder?

I hope that the creative teams on these books NEVER change.

Pound for Pound:

Valiant (by leaps and bounds. NO weak books on it's roster, with the weakest being Shadowman, and judging by it's #0 issue, that's going to be debatable really soon)

Image (Lotta slept on gems, SaGa, Thief of Thieves, East of West, Bedlam. Put here because Writers and Artists are allowed to do whatever the hell they want, and it pays off big time)

Marvel (This whole Time shyt that's going on in all of the core books has me excited about Marvel as a whole in the first time since.... lets just say a long time. Hickman's turn as Main Plotter has been tremendous. Then there's Hawkeye, SUPERIOR Spider-Man, the X Books.....)

DC (Still recovering from being shot in the face during Flashpoint, IMO. Im going to be dropping Batman Inc and Action once Morrison is done, that will leave pretty much only Wonder Woman, Constatine Demon Knights and Justice League Dark on my To Read list.)

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I was trying to get int avengers during that time and it was whack. The live kree or die story was ass and the triathlon story was weak. I doubt avengers was outselling xmen at that time.

I will give you Triathlon and Silver Claw as two things that were just awful from the Busiek/Perez run but everything else was perfection.
And it included an Ultron storyline that makes this Age of Ultron story Bendis is doing now look like steaming hot shyt.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
WONDER WOMAN: EARTH ONE by Grant Morrison and Yannick Paquette

8i8Peyd.jpg

Morrison on how he approached the book:
So Marston had all these ideas and it was very deep, there was a book by him which was hidden in the DC Comics vaults because they didn’t really want anyone to see it, and a friend of mine at DC sneaked it out for me one time. And it’s this thing, and honestly you can’t read it, it’s deranged, it’s like the guys just done mescaline or something, talking about his sexual theories.

…But then Marston died, and that energy left the strip, it just disappeared… when you took the sex out of Wonder Woman, the thing went flat. And the sales died immediately after Marston himself died and never ever recovered.

… I think I’ve found a way, but I’m not gonna tell you what I’ve done because hopefully the Wonder Woman series will be out next year sometime or thereabouts. But I think I’ve found a way to get all that back in again but it took a lot of reading. This has been the hardest project I’ve ever done.

That Superman’s meant to be this ultimate expression of masculinity and he still gets to be sexual, while Wonder Woman’s meant to be the ultimate expression of womanhood and yet she isn’t allowed anything to do with sex.

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
I will give you Triathlon and Silver Claw as two things that were just awful from the Busiek/Perez run but everything else was perfection.
And it included an Ultron storyline that makes this Age of Ultron story Bendis is doing now look like steaming hot shyt.

:lupe: B-B-B-but Triathalon was black.... that makes him a great and underused character by default, right?

:to: