Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I forgot to mention it last week, but Bloodshot gave Toyo Harada that WORK. Its a cool twist that Bloodshot isn't just on some "Ultimate Soldier" shyt, but was specifically made to kill Psiots... and who's upper limit is killing Toyo Harada. I'm guessing that the Military folks Toyo's plotting on in his backstory (which so far as been EXCELLENT) made Bloodshot to wipe 'em all out.

Harbinger was great again. I'm glad they've toned down Zephyr's super nerd girl stannism.

I wonder how the escaped Psiot kids thing is gonna play out? I don't remember there being such a thing in either of the last two Valiant runs.

Archer and Armstrong #0 was great. The Lost Land, huh. Does Gold Key still own the rights to Turok, Solar and Magnus: Robot Fighter? I'm interested to see how all of this (Unity) plays out without the three characters.

Is Ivar still lost in time, I wonder?

I hope that the creative teams on these books NEVER change.

Pound for Pound:

Valiant (by leaps and bounds. NO weak books on it's roster, with the weakest being Shadowman, and judging by it's #0 issue, that's going to be debatable really soon)

Image (Lotta slept on gems, SaGa, Thief of Thieves, East of West, Bedlam. Put here because Writers and Artists are allowed to do whatever the hell they want, and it pays off big time)

Marvel (This whole Time shyt that's going on in all of the core books has me excited about Marvel as a whole in the first time since.... lets just say a long time. Hickman's turn as Main Plotter has been tremendous. Then there's Hawkeye, SUPERIOR Spider-Man, the X Books.....)

DC (Still recovering from being shot in the face during Flashpoint, IMO. Im going to be dropping Batman Inc and Action once Morrison is done, that will leave pretty much only Wonder Woman, Constatine Demon Knights and Justice League Dark on my To Read list.)

DC is ending Batman Inc when Morrison leaves.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:lupe: B-B-B-but Triathalon was black.... that makes him a great and underused character by default, right?

:to:

I don't think I've ever come across a black person that like Triathlon.

His name was wack, his costume was wack, his powers were wack....Then Busiek fukked up by having him debut on that "Angry black man that accuses innocent white folks of racism" bullshyt.

Bud Bundy

A Bundy never cares
Daps
All his powers was that he was three times better the the average person. :dead:

Bud Bundy

A Bundy never cares
Daps
Do you guys think what if comics will ever make a comeback? Since this is the world of graphic novels now do they have to approach it another way or will the one issue format will still work.

Stone

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just started reading Avengers Vol.5

:huhldup: @ the new Ms Marvel look, looking like Cid from Final Fantasy 7.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Do you guys think what if comics will ever make a comeback? Since this is the world of graphic novels now do they have to approach it another way or will the one issue format will still work.

They've already been making new "What If" comics. They just don't release them with any sort of regularity. They usually release a "What if" comic after a big event to show how it might have gone down differently.

I think the stories would do much better if they put superstar talent on it. As it is they typically use "What If" as a way to test out up and coming writers and artists.

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
Almost done with collecting the comics for the Batman RTNML, Legacy and Cataclysm stories. It's a fukkin bytch finding them. Gonna hit up 3 comic stores on Tuesday hoping to get those back issues.

Knights89

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Speaking of Batman I have been reading a lot of those Elseworlds titles that I gave gotten my hands on.

Some interesting takes on Batman

Jack Martinez

Rookie
Daps
Justice League Of America has REALLY got me intrigued. So many mysteries:

*Who's tha pale guy in tha suit heading tha Society?

* What "big and terrible" thing is he bringing into tha DC Universe?

* How does tha Society choose their members?

* Will Catman and Trevor hook-up?

* What demonic force was Stargirl seeing in issue #1 ? Who's her dad?

* How long will this team crack under pressure from Waller?

* Solicits have a member of tha team dying? Who will it be?

ANNNND tha most important mystery of all.......

WHAT IS MARTIAN MANHUNTER UP TO?!

Jack Martinez

Rookie
Daps
:whoo: bedlam is no joke. between saga, invincible, the walking dead and this shyt i've been inspired to go read some more random image books just in case i hit some more gold.

Image put out nothing but HEAT.

I'm almost at tha point of just pickin' up anything wit tha Image logo.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yall are sleeping on Kieron Gillen's Iron Man. Last issue was nuts.

I lost interest in that shyt once he went into space. Something about that just doesn't sit right with me. Plus it ties into Marvel forcing Iron Man into that shytty Guardians of the Galaxy relaunch.

Squirtle

Supreme Chancellor
Daps
Reppin
New York
Justice League Of America has REALLY got me intrigued. So many mysteries:

*Who's tha pale guy in tha suit heading tha Society?

* What "big and terrible" thing is he bringing into tha DC Universe?

* How does tha Society choose their members?

* Will Catman and Trevor hook-up?

* What demonic force was Stargirl seeing in issue #1 ? Who's her dad?

* How long will this team crack under pressure from Waller?

* Solicits have a member of tha team dying? Who will it be?

ANNNND tha most important mystery of all.......

WHAT IS MARTIAN MANHUNTER UP TO?!
Can't wait to find out breh. SMH at how steve trevor is treating Green Arrow like shyt though.