Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Here are the books that have moved on to Round 2 in the DC Round Robin:

FPrBLzjVgAE3maj

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
The art clashed horribly with the story they are trying to tell.

I thought the main flaw in the art was Kate's look. It was like a Monkey Island's character in a comic book :heh:

Cassandra Nova was scary as fukk throughout the whole book :picard:

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If you're not reading The Swamp Thing by Ram V and Mike Perkins YOU SLEEP!

I read the first couple issues but decided to wait for the trade. Read the first trade and went to the shop to get the rest of the series in single issues since vol. 2 isn't solicited until August and I just couldn't wait till then. Only issue I'm missing now is Future State Swamp Thing #1.

Spend the morning catching up on the rest of the issues. shyt is incredible, and I'm so glad they gave it another six issues.

Ram V has been dropping :fire: lately. The Venom/Carnage stuff is ehh, but The Many Deaths of Laila Star was one of my favorite books of 2021. :wow:

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
Devil's Reign ended with a predictable whimper. The Stormwynns went out like some hoes after all that buildup. Actually all the villains of the story did.

At this point, the current Moon Knight run feels like the PERFECT definitive Moon Knight story. I'd rather newcomers read this way more than I'd want them to read Ellis' run. And that's saying something. I'd suggest this run first, Ellis' run second, and Houston/Finch's run 3rd. The current TV Series feels like it was heavily influenced by Mac Bemis' stuff from like 2017-18. I'd, of course, tell folks to stay the hell away from Bendis' Moon Knight stuff.

I like Bendis run. I liked his street level Spidey/Cap/Wolverine angle....with Echo. I liked the handful of Moench issues I owned, LOVED the Huston/Finch stuff. I was just getting back into comics after a 6-year layoff, and it was one of the best books at the time. I dropped Ellis' run about halfway through. It was taking too long for me to get somewhere for me. I have not picked up the current run, but I probably will