Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
DC has brought back the Round Robin tournament for 2022 where fan voting will decide which concept gets a book made from it:

DC Round Robin 2022: The Choice is Yours!

FPBzTscVEAANlwI

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Hawkman & Hawkwoman: The Changeling vs Wildcat: Nine Lives
FPBzci8VIAACHla

The Questions: Grand Solution vs Constantine & The Demon: Vacation From Hell
FPBz0GNUYAAMhFK

Suicide Squad: Dark vs Justice League: Redacted
FPB0GKPUcAAN8lM

Firestorm: Fourth World Problems vs Kid Flash: The Speed Of Fear
FPB0bqeVgAAJIDG

Black Canary: When Canaries Cry vs Green Lantern: The Light At The End Of Forever
FPB0z3SVQAAI5_F

DC Horror Presents: Ghost Tour From Hell vs Animal Man: Metamorphosis
FPB1HOrVQAAyd2I

Green Lantern: The Birth Of Conspiracy vs Captain Carrot & His Best Friend Darkseid
FPB1bG9VUAUyBMT

Superboy: The Man Of Tomorrow vs Cyborg: Cyber Gods
FPB1x2kVIAAf4NS

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
The Question series sounds so good. I’m a mark for dude, but I don’t see it making it past Hellblazer/Demon. :francis:

What were the previous winners?
Robins is what won last year like those characters weren't appearing monthly in the various Batman Universe books already.
Comic book fans are such sheep sometimes which is why Superboy will probably win this year.

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
Devil's Reign ended with a predictable whimper. The Stormwynns went out like some hoes after all that buildup. Actually all the villains of the story did.

At this point, the current Moon Knight run feels like the PERFECT definitive Moon Knight story. I'd rather newcomers read this way more than I'd want them to read Ellis' run. And that's saying something. I'd suggest this run first, Ellis' run second, and Houston/Finch's run 3rd. The current TV Series feels like it was heavily influenced by Mac Bemis' stuff from like 2017-18. I'd, of course, tell folks to stay the hell away from Bendis' Moon Knight stuff.

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Hawkman & Hawkwoman: The Changeling vs Wildcat: Nine Lives
FPBzci8VIAACHla

The Questions: Grand Solution vs Constantine & The Demon: Vacation From Hell
FPBz0GNUYAAMhFK

Suicide Squad: Dark vs Justice League: Redacted
FPB0GKPUcAAN8lM

Firestorm: Fourth World Problems vs Kid Flash: The Speed Of Fear
FPB0bqeVgAAJIDG

Black Canary: When Canaries Cry vs Green Lantern: The Light At The End Of Forever
FPB0z3SVQAAI5_F

DC Horror Presents: Ghost Tour From Hell vs Animal Man: Metamorphosis
FPB1HOrVQAAyd2I

Green Lantern: The Birth Of Conspiracy vs Captain Carrot & His Best Friend Darkseid
FPB1bG9VUAUyBMT

Superboy: The Man Of Tomorrow vs Cyborg: Cyber Gods
FPB1x2kVIAAf4NS
fukk every other book in this contest.

IF CAPTAIN CARROT AND HIS BEST FRIEND DARKSEID DOESN'T WIN WE RIOT!

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Marauders #1 was OK but I had issues with the idea that this team would be given the green light to drag Cassandra Nova to Shi'Ar to deal with a sensitive diplomatic matter without getting any input from the Quiet Council. And considering his kid is on the throne wouldn't Chuck have been a mandatory member of this away team and not his homicidal sister?
Also the art doesn't fit the book in any way, shape or form.

Flashpoint: Batman - Dark Knight of Vengeance #1 was :ohlawd: I now want an ongoing Thomas Wayne/Batman book by Azzarello and Risso.

X-Men: Red #1 was cool. It accomplished the job of making me actually give a damn about James Proudstar and I expected Storm to see that Brand was up to something but I liked that Sunspot saw she was up to some bullshyt too. Ewing has always written a really good Roberto DaCosta so that tracks.
Mid-life crisis Magneto is working for me and I like that he has a new homie to hang out with. Fisherman dude being a normal human who has been around the Arakko mutants for so long means he must be a beast in a fight.
My only issue with the book is the inclusion of Vulcan. He was a trash character when he was first introduced and he was a trash character when he died. They should have left him in the comic book graveyard.

I didn't know that Wonder Woman Historia was going to be alternating artists so I was surprised to see Gene Ha's art instead of Phil Jiminez's but Ha did a really good job even if it wasn't quite as impressive as what Jiminez did on the first issue.

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Marvel really needs to kill Ben Reilly and keep him dead.

Now he's become Spider-Man's newest villain named Chasm which is a really stupid fukking name for a guy who has Spider-Man's powers.

I finally read ASM #93 yesterday.

Just absolute horseshyt. They spent 20+ weekly issues trying to reestablish Ben Reilly and endear the audience to him just for this to be his new status quo? :wtf::trash: