Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Exodus spotlight issue in July
IMMORTAL X-MEN #5
Kieron Gillen (W) • MICHELE BANDINI (A)
Cover by Giuseppe Camuncoli
Variant Cover by ARTHUR ADAMS
Quiet Council Variant Cover by PHIL NOTO
VARIANT COVER BY PEACH MOMOKO
THE BOOK OF EXODUS!

Bennet du Paris was born in the 12th century. Exodus marched forth with a sword in his hand and a shield in his heart to protect what he believes. It's now the 21st century. What's changed? Nothing. Absolutely nothing. and the Eternals who dared attack Krakoa are going to discover what that means.

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Why is next week so fukking stacked?! :damn:

Justice League #75, Amazing Spider-Man #1, TMNT Last Ronin #5, Thor #750. Those four books alone are $30. :sadcam:

WhenWeWereKings

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Finally! Exodus and Selene have both been criminally underused during this Krakoa era. Glad to see both getting some spotlight now.

I've been saying from the onset that the villains' adjustment to the new status quo has the most story telling potential (either for redemption or fukkery). Just look at Hellions.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Amazing Spiderman by Zeb was aight. I didn't read anything from the Spencer run so I ain't as upset as others by the MJ stuff. The spoilers for the Hellfire Gala though... :mjlol:

Sabertooth was the best issue from the book so far, story is taking shape right in time for "chapter 1" to finish. I hope Lavalle gets to write the other two arcs he has in mind.

Knights of X was Tini Howard's best book in a long ass time. Glad someone told her using narration boxes would help her out with her tendency of not explaining anything and making her books confusing as fukk. Ever since she dedicated her stuff to Otherworld, her stuff has gotten better. It still a book that you can totally skip but it looks like it's gonna be fun to read.

Every book has been delayed significantly due to shipping issues across the board. We are getting Immortal X-Men #2 in May, so unless they start shipping twice a month in June, issue #5 ain't coming out in July.

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
There are certain artists that do and have done great work but if I see their names on a book I'm like :unimpressed: because their styles are too dated in today's era:

John Romita Jr.
Doug Manke
Scott Kolins
Howard Porter
Brett Booth
Brad Walker
Ethan Van Sciver :scust::trash:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
There are certain artists that do and have done great work but if I see their names on a book I'm like :unimpressed: because their styles are too dated in today's era:

John Romita Jr.
Doug Manke
Scott Kolins
Howard Porter
Brett Booth
Brad Walker
Ethan Van Sciver :scust::trash:
I still like Doug Manhke's work but I agree with the rest. Especially Booth who is still doing that early 1990s Image style.