Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
That’s what you mu fukkas said about Miracle and his Batman run (or at least the Joker/Riddler story). :stopitslime:
His Batman was hit or miss depending on the storyline but it wasn't all awful.

Human Target is great though. King really is nailing the noir detective story with superheroes stuff.

And Supergirl is probably the most underrated book out. King is telling about as straightforward a story as I've seen him do and the fact that it is basically a space opera makes it even better.
Plus Bilquis Evely is putting in work on the art.

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
Tom King being Great:

Vision
Miracle Man
Omega Men
Human Target
Grayson
Batman (sometimes)

Tom King being ehhhh:

Batman (a lot of the time)
Rorschach (I liked it, but that ending......)
Strange Adventures

Wack:

Heroes in Crisis
Sheriff of Babylon (it might of gotten better, but I dropped it)
A lot of Batman

Undecided: Supergirl (didn't know he was writing it)

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
Dark Ages: Tom must've been like "fukk it Im out"

DC vs Vampires: I.... didn't see that reveal coming. I legit thought it was somebody else.

Shadow War Alpha: Bruce ain't shyt. That's all I gotta say about that. :mjlol:

War for Earth-3: I read these two books not knowing what was going on. But I could read Amanda Waller in villainous chessmaster mode all day. :russ:

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
I dropped off after X of Swords (which I thought was amazing), what X shyt should I be reading?

If you are talking about main mutant continuity I'd say in this order:

X-Men #16-19 by Hickman

Planet Sized X-Men by Duggan

X-Men #20-21 by Hickman

Inferno #1-#4

Immortal X-Men #1

X-Men #1 and beyond by Duggan*. This happens after Hickman left the main book in #21 and goes all the way though Inferno and what's happening today. But I'd say you can read it after everything I've already listed to get more caught up on what will happen from 2022 going forward.

Books like SWORD and Way of X have important developments and are very much worth a read, though I wouldn't say they are mandatory.

X-Force has 1 thing that will play a big part but you can just read it online (or we could just tell you, lol). Same with "Trial of Magneto".

New Mutants (from issue #14 on) and Hellions are great fukking books, specially Hellions but don't have huge implications or things that you wouldn't understand by reading other main books.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
I was cooling off on the whole Krakoa X-Men stuff but Immortal X-Men brought back the feeling.
Gillen should be in full control of the X-Men line just off of how he made Hope and Selene more interesting in just one issue than they've been in years.
And the Sinister/Destiny relationship has me really intrigued mostly because Sinister doesn't as dismissive of her as he does most of the Quiet Council and she seems to have his number even when he seemingly knows everything about everyone on Krakoa.

DC vs Vampires #6 was :whew:

Astro City: That Was Then was good. I've missed regular Astro City so hopefully Kurt Busiek is healthy enough to keep cranking out steady issues.

Dark Ages #6 felt really rushed almost like Marvel told Taylor midway through the series that they were cutting the number of issues in half or something.

I really have to remember to tell the comic shop to stop putting Hulk on my pull list...Cates is shytting the bed spectacularly on this one and I don't care to watch it anymore.

Shadow War: Alpha was good. I was expecting the character who got killed to die based on recent stories but the other twist was unexpected.

Shadow War really was a good twist based on his character. Almost like a proper evolution of his views.

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I've only read the first two issues, but I'm starting to feel like Tom Taylor is getting lazy. He's been resting on his laurels a bit and rehashing stuff from his other books.

Nightwing and Superman Sonf of Kal-El are ok but Dark Knights of Steel has been absolute :trash:.

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
I've only read the first two issues, but I'm starting to feel like Tom Taylor is getting lazy. He's been resting on his laurels a bit and rehashing stuff from his other books.

Nightwing and Superman Sonf of Kal-El are ok but Dark Knights of Steel has been absolute :trash:.
DKoS is piff. Even others on here are enjoying it. :what:

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
DKoS is piff. Even others on here are enjoying it. :what:

Nah, it's lazy AF. He already rehashed the horrible cuckold angle he had just done in Nightwing and now it's turning into another lame ass evil Superman story.

It's got one more issue to grab me before I drop it. :unimpressed:

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
Nah, it's lazy AF. He already rehashed the horrible cuckold angle he had just done in Nightwing and now it's turning into another lame ass evil Superman story.

It's got one more issue to grab me before I drop it. :unimpressed:
Ehh, I fukks with it. I don’t read a lot of shyt, so it makes it easier for me to enjoy stuff. Plus I’m a huge Elseworlds fan.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Tom King being Great:

Vision
Miracle Man
Omega Men
Human Target
Grayson
Batman (sometimes)

Tom King being ehhhh:

Batman (a lot of the time)
Rorschach (I liked it, but that ending......)
Strange Adventures

Wack:

Heroes in Crisis
Sheriff of Babylon (it might of gotten better, but I dropped it)
A lot of Batman

Undecided: Supergirl (didn't know he was writing it)
Grayson was so good. I miss that book.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You

DC vs Vampires: I.... didn't see that reveal coming. I legit thought it was somebody else.

Shadow War Alpha: Bruce ain't shyt. That's all I gotta say about that. :mjlol:

War for Earth-3: I read these two books not knowing what was going on. But I could read Amanda Waller in villainous chessmaster mode all day. :russ:
Her teleporting Bloodsport's brothers in as her personal body armor was hilariously evil.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You

I disagree vehemently with you on Dark Knights of Steel.