Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
Percy's Wolverine project was fukking useless :mjlol: :mjlol: held the line hostage for 2 months for no damn reason :mjlol:

Moira was an awesome retcon that was completely wasted under Hickman. And Evil Moira is an awesome concept that makes no damn sense as soon as Hickman leaves :dead:

Think that's what her solo woulda been about.. seeing her become evil/anti-mutant

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Think that's what her solo woulda been about.. seeing her become evil/anti-mutant

Yup, such a wasted opportunity.

It's like Daenery's descent to madness in Game of Thrones. The books certainly imply that's how she will end up, but the TV show completely botched the heel turn :francis:

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
And just like that, Gillen has me all the way back in with Krakoa :ohlawd:

I suppose people that don't like comics were it's just dialogue won't like Immortal X-Men but this is the shyt we badly needed.

Like I guessed, Inferno was a set up for this shyt, not that bullshyt Percy wrote for two months.

Can't wait for the issue that's focused on Destiny and the one on Exodus :blessed:

Last edited:

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
Immortal X-Men was great.

Sinister, Selene & Exodus all getting some much needed spotlight.

And just like that, Gillen has me all the way back in with Krakoa :ohlawd:

I suppose people that don't like comics were it's just dialogue won't like Immortal X-Men but this is the shyt we badly needed.

Like I guessed, Inferno was a set up for this shyt, not that bullshyt Percy wrote for two months.

Can't wait for the issue that's focused on Destiny and the one on Exodus :blessed:

I dropped off after X of Swords (which I thought was amazing), what X shyt should I be reading?

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
believe it or not, I got a question regarding comics continuity.

Is Mystique and Destiny legit the first gay/lez couple in comics?

As far back as I can remember, they've always treated them as a couple, or as like heterosexual life partners, even when it wasn't spelled out.

I remember points being brought up about how creepy it was that Destiny was this old woman (it might be the reason for Mystique being made 100+ years old)

I also remember them being a couple being questioned by the fans during the less gay-tolerant days of yesteryear, and Marvel basically being like "Mystique can be a man if she want to, so it doesn't matter"

I mean.... it's really not that many gay/lesbian couples in comics, and when it happens it usually makes waves (less so now, but we all remember Batwoman is gay omg and before that, Northstar being popular cause gay) so should they get the props? Or is them being terrorists simply too much bad PR?

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I was cooling off on the whole Krakoa X-Men stuff but Immortal X-Men brought back the feeling.
Gillen should be in full control of the X-Men line just off of how he made Hope and Selene more interesting in just one issue than they've been in years.
And the Sinister/Destiny relationship has me really intrigued mostly because Sinister doesn't as dismissive of her as he does most of the Quiet Council and she seems to have his number even when he seemingly knows everything about everyone on Krakoa.

DC vs Vampires #6 was :whew:

Astro City: That Was Then was good. I've missed regular Astro City so hopefully Kurt Busiek is healthy enough to keep cranking out steady issues.

Dark Ages #6 felt really rushed almost like Marvel told Taylor midway through the series that they were cutting the number of issues in half or something.

I really have to remember to tell the comic shop to stop putting Hulk on my pull list...Cates is shytting the bed spectacularly on this one and I don't care to watch it anymore.

Shadow War: Alpha was good. I was expecting the character who got killed to die based on recent stories but the other twist was unexpected.