Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
the moira being a villain and the cause of mutant destruction seems to correlate directly to making enemy of the state. what kinda kills all this shyt for me is that this council shyt isnt working. everyone seems to have some sort of underhanded deal going on, but want complete transparency. its like they want you to root for chaos/

So far I like the Council stuff, though we will see if everything has been worth it once Immortal X-Men starts because everything about the QC has been building to that book.

I like mutants trying something different and of course something like the QC would be full of fukkery and trouble, that's what drives stories. If they had a council like Arakko it would be pretty boring. It's supposed to be complicated and not black or white. But again, we'll see if Gillen pulls it off, I have faith in dude. If he ends up writing a bleh story, then this whole thing ain't gonna last past 2023.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
I was catching up to Gillen's Eternals and this dude Ribic continues to not give one single fukk about faces. Got Danvers looking like a 70 year old, and when you compare her to Tony...

yqZxCtf.png

:laff: :laff: :laff:

abominable1

the fukkery, the sweet ,sweet fukkery
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
@RGM
I was catching up to Gillen's Eternals and this dude Ribic continues to not give one single fukk about faces. Got Danvers looking like a 70 year old, and when you compare her to Tony...

yqZxCtf.png

got my nikka Stark looking like the early 70's version of the Master in Doctor Who.
got Carol looking like a crisis is forcing her out of retirement

BuddahMAC

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

yqZxCtf.png

To make a face look that old with so few lines is an odd accomplishment though, even unintended. :russ: @ old ass Carol.

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
I took the time to read Gillen's Eternals run over the last week. I enjoyed it a lot. Thanos actually reads like his old self, not "Cosmic deadbeat daddy barbarian warlord Thanos" we been getting for the last few years. Typing that made me realize some exec was prolly told he was "Genghis Khan... in Space" and they ran with it.

The Rogues dropped today. It felt kinda.... paint by numbers? What's Bronze Tiger doing here?

Human Target been one of my favorite books month to month.... going on hiatus.

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
I took the time to read Gillen's Eternals run over the last week. I enjoyed it a lot. Thanos actually reads like his old self, not "Cosmic deadbeat daddy barbarian warlord Thanos" we been getting for the last few years. Typing that made me realize some exec was prolly told he was "Genghis Khan... in Space" and they ran with it.

The Rogues dropped today. It felt kinda.... paint by numbers? What's Bronze Tiger doing here?

I tried giving Eternals a shot, but couldn't get into it after issue 3.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
I tried giving Eternals a shot, but couldn't get into it after issue 3.

It reads much better in chunks or a trade. But yeah, it's alot of talking and polítics. I never been an Eternals fan so this was a good reset point for me. I've really liked the run so far but I ain't gonna act like it's a must read either.

It does give me even more confidence that Immortal X-Men will be dope though :feedme:

Last edited:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You

I liked The Rogues. Sure it was paint by numbers but it's following the heist movie patterns to that was to be expected.
I agree with you about picking Bronze Tiger to be a part of it though. I understand needed to replace the two dead members and Magenta works since she's a Flash villain already but Bronze Tiger came out of left field. I think it was because Williams didn't want the cast of the book to be 100% white but even if that were true he could've selected Chunk, Girder, Peek-A-Boo or the black Top.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Percy's Wolverine project was fukking useless :mjlol: :mjlol: held the line hostage for 2 months for no damn reason :mjlol:

Moira was an awesome retcon that was completely wasted under Hickman. And Evil Moira is an awesome concept that makes no damn sense as soon as Hickman leaves :dead: