Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Anybody here reading Red Room by Ed Piskor?
Read the first issue last night in bed. It's very old school EC mixed with early 90s independent comic rawness. Definitely not for the weak. The gore is :picard: and normally that isn't my thing but I am definitely going to continue with the series.

Red-Room-1-new_1325x.jpg

RedRoomRugg.jpeg

RedRoom1CoverMoMoKoVariant-1024x1573.jpg

167303833_136569128408565_840036148942293274_n_1024x1024@2x.jpg

image_6483441-667x1024.jpg

redroom1coverpiskorvariant-1267938.jpeg
Early 90s? Whatever happened to Vampriella? Was her character killed off? And I never read Aeon Flux..just the crazy MTV show that would come on like 11pm in San Diego...like a hour after Howard Stern and Wild On with Brooke Burke.

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Early 90s? Whatever happened to Vampriella? Was her character killed off? And I never read Aeon Flux..just the crazy MTV show that would come on like 11pm in San Diego...like a hour after Howard Stern and Wild On with Brooke Burke.
Vampriella has had a series on Dynamite for a while now. I haven’t been reading it so I can’t tell you what has been going on.
Was Aeon Flux a comic? I only remember watching the cartoon on Liquid Television and then when it got its own show.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Vampriella has had a series on Dynamite for a while now. I haven’t been reading it so I can’t tell you what has been going on.
Was Aeon Flux a comic? I only remember watching the cartoon on Liquid Television and then when it got its own show.
I thought it came from a comic..oh well..I miss Fairchild and Bliss from Gen 13..so thick...going strong when Tupac was alive. J Scott Campbell was dropping that fukkING HEAT for Wildstorm. Then Michael Turner(RIP) put out that fukking Witchblade #1 cover? fukking EPIC..those Witchblade comics were hard to find. Had to go the fukking San Diego Comic Convention to find #6...it was wild back then.

Joe Mad did that variant Rogue cover for Uncanny X Men #342..one of the greatest covers EVER.

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I really need to drop Amazing Spider-Man. I've had about enough of Nick Spencer's shyt. :snoop:

Sinister War is the last straw for me. Spencer's been pretty good about these bigger event arcs, so hopefully he won't find a way to fukk this one up.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Hellions was once again the standout this week for the mutants. Best Hellfire Gala issue :russ: though Marauders and X-Force were cool too.

Not a lot happened and we basically are teased about a big reveal that will leave people :ohmy:

The main thing is supposedly every guest is shown something that's supposed to unite the Earth towards a common goal/threat. Is it Orchis and Nimrod? Is it the Phallanx? :patrice:

God damn Beast is such an insufferable moron, I hope he gets sent to the pit with Sabertooth. Dude keeps thinking he knows best and is completely wrong and useless every time :mjlol: :smh:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I really need to drop Amazing Spider-Man. I've had about enough of Nick Spencer's shyt. :snoop:

Sinister War is the last straw for me. Spencer's been pretty good about these bigger event arcs, so hopefully he won't find a way to fukk this one up.
I dropped it a while ago. Spencer quickly took a nosedive on the book for me.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Hellions was once again the standout this week for the mutants. Best Hellfire Gala issue :russ: though Marauders and X-Force were cool too.

Not a lot happened and we basically are teased about a big reveal that will leave people :ohmy:

The main thing is supposedly every guest is shown something that's supposed to unite the Earth towards a common goal/threat. Is it Orchis and Nimrod? Is it the Phallanx? :patrice:

God damn Beast is such an insufferable moron, I hope he gets sent to the pit with Sabertooth. Dude keeps thinking he knows best and is completely wrong and useless every time :mjlol: :smh:
If they don't reveal that Dark Beast has been running around masquerading as Beast for the last decade then all of this will be just absolute bullshyt. Because the character assassination of Beast that the X-writers have done is fukking trash.