Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Who the hell can even out him on trial and why would even respect someone thinking he should follow any law??
Well, he set up the rules of this new mutant society so him behaving like he's above those rules would be basically saying everything they are trying to build is bullshyt.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
X-Men #20 was great. Its clear that the problem with Hickman's X-men is that there needs to be more Hickman.
People on the fence with X-men I would recommend jumping back on board after the Gala event is over.
I kinda wish Hickman would've just wrote his stuff in succession without any satellite titles and then once he was done all the other writers could have started their books.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
I honestly didn't realize that. I actually couldn't name all of the 5. Its the Jean Grey clone girl, the guy who makes the gold balls and then I draw a blank on the other 3.
For being arguably the most important part of this new mutant age, The Five don't really get much shine.

X-Factor was promised as a book that would feature The Five but we all know that didn't happen. They got a couple of cameos and that was it :francis:

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
I kinda wish Hickman would've just wrote his stuff in succession without any satellite titles and then once he was done all the other writers could have started their books.
The other titles are why I put the book down. They make it seem like all the titles are important and that ain't the case.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile

I like how things were set up, with a lot of books for different preferences and tastes and Hickman writing one shots that set up stories for those books or for bigger things in the future.

But this Inferno stuff is gonna put this strategy to the test. He's gonna blow Moira's cover pretty early into "Reign of X" and it's hard to picture a cohesive line of books dealing with that shyt AND set up the supposedly final stage of this run. Not to mentón the new X-men will be barely starting.

I'm very intrigued in how Hickman handles Inferno and the consecuences that come out of it. On one hand it should be something big after 2 years of set up, but on the other ha d it can't be THAT big that rushes things to the end (I think).

Imagine if Moira loses her powers and the whole "reset reality" stuff is thrown to the bushes :dead:

Last edited:

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I like how things were set up, with a lot of books for different preferences and tastes and Hickman writing one shots that set up stories for those books or for bigger things in the future.

But this Inferno stuff is gonna put this strategy to the test. He's gonna blow Moira's cover pretty early into "Reign of X" and it's hard to picture a cohesive line of books dealing with that shyt AND set up the supposedly final stage of this run. Not to mentón the new X-men will be barely starting.

I'm very intrigued in how Hickman handles Inferno and the consecuences that come out of it. On one hand it should be something big after 2 years of set up, but on the other ha d it can't be THAT big that rushes things to the end (I think).

Imagine if Moira loses her powers and the whole "reset reality" stuff is thrown to the bushes :dead:
Once Hickman leaves I'm expecting 99% of the things he brought to the X-Universe to be tossed in the trash like they never happened.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Once Hickman leaves I'm expecting 99% of the things he brought to the X-Universe to be tossed in the trash like they never happened.

It's gonna be interest seeing how they deal with that. Going back to the mansion will be kinda weird. I guess it will depend on who takes over.

I don't get why you just said you wanted Hickman to do his story and then open it up to everyone else if you believe nothing he established would stay though :patrice: in that case just give Hickman a What If run like Zdarsky :heh:

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
John Ridley, The writer of 12 Days a Slave, to tackle Black Panther and the iconic Wakandan nation
Sk59BkL.jpg

The Marvel Comics superhero Black Panther is getting a new series and a new creative team in August. It will be written by the Oscar winning screenwriter John Ridley (“12 Years a Slave”), and drawn by Juann Cabal. (The current Black Panther series, which began in 2016 and has been written by Ta-Nehisi Coates, will conclude on May 26.)

Ridley said he is eager for the chance to write the hero. “First of all, Black Panther is just a great character in and of himself,” he said in a telephone interview. “But being a young Black kid growing up, every time you saw a hero that looked like you, even if their background didn’t reflect my lived experience, it was just something that made you feel closer to the wish fulfillment that is intrinsic in graphic novel writing.”

In the new story, Black Panther receives an urgent message from a Wakandan operative who is in danger. “It’s a hybrid espionage-superhero thriller, but at its core, it’s a love story,” Ridley said. “And I don’t mean just romantic love, although there’s some of that as well. It’s love between friends.”

He said he thought about his closest childhood friends “and the ways that we ran together and how our lives changed over time.”

He said he also wanted to reflect upon the last year. “We’re coming out of a summer where we saw Black people fighting for our rights, standing up, fighting in ways that we haven’t had to do in years,” he said. “And it was really important to me after the year we had where we can have these conversations with Black people and we can use words like love and caring and hope and regret and all these really fundamental emotions that everybody has.”​
:patrice: ehhhh

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Anybody here reading Red Room by Ed Piskor?
Read the first issue last night in bed. It's very old school EC mixed with early 90s independent comic rawness. Definitely not for the weak. The gore is :picard: and normally that isn't my thing but I am definitely going to continue with the series.

Red-Room-1-new_1325x.jpg

RedRoomRugg.jpeg

RedRoom1CoverMoMoKoVariant-1024x1573.jpg

167303833_136569128408565_840036148942293274_n_1024x1024@2x.jpg

image_6483441-667x1024.jpg

redroom1coverpiskorvariant-1267938.jpeg

Last edited: