Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
What does it all mean?!?!?!?:ohhh:

E3DvulFWYAQf-Fc

It's 4 issues, 160 pages. Schitti, Silva and Caselli drawing :blessed:

Hickman labeled it as the follow up to HoX/PoX :damn: :lupe:

The X-Men's World Goes Up in Flames in Jonathan Hickman's 'Inferno'

Promises were made and broken. The rulers of Krakoa have been playing a dangerous game with a dangerous woman, and they are about to see how badly that can burn them. Having been denied her wishes yet again, Mystique is ready to follow through on her promise to burn the nation of Krakoa to the ground. Mutantkind’s bright future is threatened like never before as Hickman brings his game-changing plans to a head. Fans can expect more revelations from the lives of Moira MacTaggert, Nimrod’s revenge, vicious power plays, and more in this pivotal chapter in X-Men history. Throughout this four-issue limited series, Hickman will be joined by an incredible lineup of artists beginning with acclaimed illustrator Valerio Schiti. Known for masterfully depicting large-scale action alongside intense human drama, the S.W.O.R.D. and EMPYRE artist is perfect for bringing this heartbreaking saga to life.

"I’m very excited that we’re finally getting to share with everyone the follow-up to HOUSE OF X/POWERS OF X,” Hickman said. “The story is 160 pages over four issues drawn exquisitely by Valerio Schiti, R.B. Silva and Stefano Caselli. I cannot wait for people to read it.”

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
Venom just gonna leave Eddie on stuck even with his son begging him to help him.

:francis:

What a bytchass symbiote.

:hhh:

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
:gladbron:I'm excited. People have been doubting Hickman.
He was just letting the new X universe set up a bit before advancing his main story.

I've heard a couple of interviews from some of writers working on the current books and it seems Hickman fukked around and created a legit "X-Office" with collaborative work, weekly meetings and people working side by side. Everyone gets to play with this new setting and he just sets stuff up for other writers to play around with it.

Last year he said when Moira showed up, things would get frantic till the end. But at this point there's a chance that's not true anymore (maybe that¿s why we never got the solo Moira book that initially promised and he explained as "it's complicated to explain why" it didn't happen) and that either this run is gonna go longer than expected or that once Hickman finishes his story in a year or whatever, the infrastructure has been put in place to continue this Era for mutants regardless if Hickman is in charge or not.

Jean, Wolverine and Gambit laid out.

Wouldn't make much of it. People made a bunch of speculations over Brooks' piece for HoX/PoX and a bunch of shyt meant nothing. Besides, people getting laid out is probably just a homage to the OG Inferno.
E3EE4hWWYAMDHDA

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Re read Hickman's X-Men run yesterday and it definitely reads better as a whole. It's actually really good.

But monthly it just seems....lacking. like something is missing.

But as I've been constantly saying the x villains have been the saving grace of this whole reboot.

Hickman definitely seems to love Apocalypse alot and writes him extremely well.

Between the Hellions shenanigans, the Shadow King issues of New Mutants, Sebastian Shaw's earlier appearances (he's been relegated to background status now), Fabian Cortez in SWORD etc they've all been a joy to read in this new dynamic.

We definitely need more of zealot Exodus and the stand alone Vulcan issue was good.

..and we need a follow up as to what Mikhail Rasputin is doin..

Of course Mystique gearing up to toss over the whole board is intriguing.

But it's curious we've seen no Selene doing anything yet. I wonder if that is by design.
Selene and Sinister are very dangerous...
Haven't checked on Magik either...they definitely should have Exodus confront Wanda.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Wouldn't make much of it. People made a bunch of speculations over Brooks' piece for HoX/PoX and a bunch of shyt meant nothing. Besides, people getting laid out is probably just a homage to the OG Inferno.
E3EE4hWWYAMDHDA
I'm thinking it means something because all of the other characters aren't laid out.

Think they are dropping breadcrumbs for what we'll be getting in the actual mini-series.

Moira and Chuck sitting together but with their backs turned to one another; Magneto apart from them; White Queen looking directly at Chuck like she's figured something out.

Mystique with Destiny's helmet.

Cyclops, Magik, Bishop, Psylocke all looking like they are about to engage in combat.

Sebastian Shaw out of his wheelchair and Shadowcat in a defensive stance.

Doug looks extra concerned.

Sinister and Exodus yelling/pointing at one another.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
I'm thinking it means something because all of the other characters aren't laid out.

Think they are dropping breadcrumbs for what we'll be getting in the actual mini-series.

Moira and Chuck sitting together but with their backs turned to one another; Magneto apart from them; White Queen looking directly at Chuck like she's figured something out.

Mystique with Destiny's helmet.

Cyclops, Magik, Bishop, Psylocke all looking like they are about to engage in combat.

Sebastian Shaw out of his wheelchair and Shadowcat in a defensive stance.

Doug looks extra concerned.

Sinister and Exodus yelling/pointing at one another.

Just saying people did the same thing when this came out

image.png

The Chuck and Moira with their backs turned is the only thing I would read into :yeshrug:

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
what the hell happened to the chimeras? we saw them in issue one and never again

The Chimeras were created a good number of years into the future in life 9 (or was it 6?) and the last ones on the Milky Way were destroyed on the last assault against Nimrod to get his files. I'm not even sure the mutants in the Shi'ar empire were Chimeras too.

There's not a lot to know about them in the current timeline. All we have is Sinister hasving everyone's genétic code, genetic codes from Arakko/Amenth and two secret labs to experiment on.

Supposedly we are just gonna get to mutants wanting to conquer Mars. That would be step two for the creation of Chimeras :yeshrug: