Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps
:stroll:

what happened? can u post screens? :leon:

Don't have screens. It's complicated, but I'll try to keep it brief as possible. There's a cosmic event where this universe is colliding with another with each universe's Earth as the impact point. If it happens, both universes with die. They can potentially stop it by destroying the Earth of the other universe.

The Illuminati is trying to figure out a way to stop this all without destroying the other Earth. Cap doesn't even want to consider destroying the other Earth. No one else in the Illuminati ruled it out.

He goes to Black Panther in private before their meeting asks Black Panther can he count on him to do the right thing. The Black Panther says yes. He thinks that makes BP is on his side. Cap gives the Illuminati a lecture about how destroying the other Earth would be unacceptable, blah, blah, blah. They're all looking at him like :beli:

Cap calls out BP and is like "T'Challa agrees with me :myman:" BP is like ":birdman: I told you I would do the right thing. :ufdup:"

Then Mr. Fantastic tells Cap he's acting like they didn't think this over thoroughly and it isn't hard for them and tells him that it's insulting.

Cap lectures some more. Then Iron Man is like "Steve why do you always have to be like this. I'm sorry. I'll make this up to you one day. Stephen?"

Cap is like :wtf: Then Doctor Strange casts a spell and puts Cap to sleep and says when he wakes up, he won't remember anything.

They basically told him he wasn't built for this and kicked him out the Illuminati.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Don't have screens. It's complicated, but I'll try to keep it brief as possible. There's a cosmic event where this universe is colliding with another with each universe's Earth as the impact point. If it happens, both universes with die. They can potentially stop it by destroying the Earth of the other universe.

The Illuminati is trying to figure out a way to stop this all without destroying the other Earth. Cap doesn't even want to consider destroying the other Earth. No one else in the Illuminati ruled it out.

He goes to Black Panther in private before their meeting asks Black Panther can he count on him to do the right thing. The Black Panther says yes. He thinks that makes BP is on his side. Cap gives the Illuminati a lecture about how destroying the other Earth would be unacceptable, blah, blah, blah. They're all looking at him like :beli:

Cap calls out BP and is like "T'Challa agrees with me :myman:" BP is like ":birdman: I told you I would do the right thing. :ufdup:"

Then Mr. Fantastic tells Cap he's acting like they didn't think this over thoroughly and it isn't hard for them and tells him that it's insulting.

Cap lectures some more. Then Iron Man is like "Steve why do you always have to be like this. I'm sorry. I'll make this up to you one day. Stephen?"

Cap is like :wtf: Then Doctor Strange casts a spell and puts Cap to sleep and says when he wakes up, he won't remember anything.

They basically told him he wasn't built for this and kicked him out the Illuminati.
Then one issue later they all get the same moralistic dogooder bug that Cap had when they go to the other Earth and see Galactus about to destroy it.
It made no fukking sense and makes every member of the group (except for Namor) who turned on Cap go from do or die hard liners to wishy washy chumps in the span of one issue.

Grifter

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Watching
Then one issue later they all get the same moralistic dogooder bug that Cap had when they go to the other Earth and see Galactus about to destroy it.
It made no fukking sense and makes every member of the group (except for Namor) who turned on Cap go from do or die hard liners to wishy washy chumps in the span of one issue.

But thats the thing, only Namor, Black Bolt and maybe BP would actually destroy it. Reed, Tony and Hank talk a big game but :comeon:.

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps

Nah not really. It does make sense. Read the issue again..They just went at Terrax because they thought they could stop the incursion without destroying that Earth. They were going to use the ultimate nullifier at the incursion point and they said it would do something like destroy a 900 mile radius without taking out the whole Earth.

The reason they dismissed Cap is because he was saying it wouldn't even be an allowable option on the table. They didn't want to destroy another Earth either, they just felt it should be on the table as an option of last resort. They felt they could still potentially stop the incursion without destroying the other Earth, so they weren't just going to stand by and watch Galactus do it.

Shaman

Poet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
QC

and to add to that, earlier in that same issue namor snuffed cap (:blessed:) for breaking the infinity gems attempting to push the other universe away from theirs

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Nah not really. It does make sense. Read the issue again..They just went at Terrax because they thought they could stop the incursion without destroying that Earth. They were going to use the ultimate nullifier at the incursion point and they said it would do something like destroy a 900 mile radius without taking out the whole Earth.

The reason they dismissed Cap is because he was saying it wouldn't even be an allowable option on the table. They didn't want to destroy another Earth either, they just felt it should be on the table as an option of last resort. They felt they could still potentially stop the incursion without destroying the other Earth, so they weren't just going to stand by and watch Galactus do it.

Yeah I re-read those issues over the weekend and you are correct sir.
The one thing that was a bit odd was that Namor was so gung-ho to play hero though. I was expecting him to at least have a couple lines where he says something like "Problem solved" and question why they should try and stop Galactus. Especially after the way that he has been written to be a major dikk (and totally out of character where his relationship with Captain America is concerned) in this book.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Wow the latest issue of Age of Ultron may be the worst one yet.
At the very least Hitch's art was able to pick up the slack of Bendis' shytty writing but this issue had Brandon Peterson drawing the stuff set in the past and Carlos Pacheco drawing the stuff set in the future.
Peterson's stuff ws stiff and looked rushed while Pacheco's stuff looked sloppy as fukk because of the inker. You can't even recognize any of Pacheco in the art it is so fukked up.
And Bendis has written the absolute worst Sue Richards ever. She comes off like an indecisive, naive, sidekick instead of one of the most powerful heroes and veteran heroes in the Marvel U.
It was just utter bullshyt from start to finish. If I wasn't getting this shyt for free I damn sure wouldn't be reading it.

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Wow the latest issue of Age of Ultron may be the worst one yet.
At the very least Hitch's art was able to pick up the slack of Bendis' shytty writing but this issue had Brandon Peterson drawing the stuff set in the past and Carlos Pacheco drawing the stuff set in the future.
Peterson's stuff ws stiff and looked rushed while Pacheco's stuff looked sloppy as fukk because of the inker. You can't even recognize any of Pacheco in the art it is so fukked up.
And Bendis has written the absolute worst Sue Richards ever. She comes off like an indecisive, naive, sidekick instead of one of the most powerful heroes and veteran heroes in the Marvel U.
It was just utter bullshyt from start to finish. If I wasn't getting this shyt for free I damn sure wouldn't be reading it.

:lolbron: at bendis hating hank pym
i knew he was going to die
in his interview i think at newsrama sounds like he dislikes him for abusing Jane :huhldup: breh it's a damn comic book ! Let it go