Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Go back and read the Avengers run with Gilgamesh and Reed and Sue Richards being part of the team. No matter what Cap did, Reed always figured out a way to save the day before him and basically made Cap's leadership look hollow compared to another (arguably better) leader and Cap would be verbally and tangibly jealous about it. Cap HATED Cyclops bossing up on him because Scott's words had truth behind them and he currently is having trouble dealing with Havoks leadership.

In those Avengers issues the problem was that Reed was so used to leading that he would make decisions and take action without letting anyone know. he was basically treating the Avengers like it was The Fantastic Four and Capt. America took issue with it.
And all of this nonsense about Captain America not being able to handle other people being in the leadership position is bullshyt. While he would sometimes take the lead in a battle situation he never undermined a team leader. He took a backseat to the fukking Wasp of all people when she first became Avengers chairperson.

What is going on now is that current writers are making the character act like that horrible Ultimate Cap that Mark Millar created instead of the 616 version and it doesn't work.

I must be the only one here who loves Cap

You are not alone, homie. Cap is that dude.

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I must be the only one here who loves Cap
I always liked cap but since him and ironman relinked up he's been in full tony stark in civil war mode.
:beli: Remender is going overboard with these Apocalypse horsemen now.

UNCAVEN2012010COV_col.jpg

Wait isn't sentry dead

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
In those Avengers issues the problem was that Reed was so used to leading that he would make decisions and take action without letting anyone know. he was basically treating the Avengers like it was The Fantastic Four and Capt. America took issue with it.
And all of this nonsense about Captain America not being able to handle other people being in the leadership position is bullshyt. While he would sometimes take the lead in a battle situation he never undermined a team leader. He took a backseat to the fukking Wasp of all people when she first became Avengers chairperson.

What is going on now is that current writers are making the character act like that horrible Ultimate Cap that Mark Millar created instead of the 616 version and it doesn't work.

You are not alone, homie. Cap is that dude.

Caps book up into and including Bucky as cap were some great shyt. The more ultimate cap thing isn't working your right

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
Yeah, fukk Cap. I'm tired of his ass. A 90 year old frail WWII veteran with no real powers leading Thor, Hyperion, and Captain Universe into battle. :dead:

They need to put him back in a block of ice. I was :gladbron: when the Illuminati sonned him in New Avengers. I take it Hickman is not the biggest fan.

Him and Spider-man, hawkeye etc are the weak links on the team but somehow they make cap look like he's useful

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah Wolverine drowned him in the last X-Factor story arc.

But Scott Summers is SO evil....

Seriously if they were gonna do that shyt they should have the sense NOT to use Wolverine as one of the characters passing judgment on Cyclops.

Same goes for Havok, dude went into space with the expressed intent of killing his brother, but he's outraged about Scott Summers being possessed and killing Xavier (who was a shady character in his own right)?

Hell een Beast being on that bullshyt is laughable considering he killed and entire race of beings in Ellis' Astonishing run.

If they were gonna do this shyt they should have used Storm or Kitty. Actually if they were going to do this shyt they should have actually shown Scott to be wrong in the situation. That whole fukking thing just pisses me off and makes a lot a good characters come across as idiotic hypocritical a$$holes.

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
The writer or Fearless Defenders admitted to going through issues of Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe's Book of the Dead issues and trying to pick a character to use at random.... only to find that they were all brought back already.

Dude that writes Avengers Arena mustve done the same thing. Those villains that were sitting on the couch watching Arcade getting sonned by Christmas Captain America... are all dead and were only featured again in those Marvel Universe books.

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps
Man Bendis don't even give a fukk anymore. First Luke Cage survives a nuclear explosion and teaches himself to fly a plane to Antarctica, crashes and crawls for miles to the Savage Land. Now Nick Fury has Doom's time platform and the fukking ultimate nullifier in a secret bunker. :deadmanny:

TNC

Hardbody
Daps
But Scott Summers is SO evil....

Seriously if they were gonna do that shyt they should have the sense NOT to use Wolverine as one of the characters passing judgment on Cyclops.

Same goes for Havok, dude went into space with the expressed intent of killing his brother, but he's outraged about Scott Summers being possessed and killing Xavier (who was a shady character in his own right)?

Hell een Beast being on that bullshyt is laughable considering he killed and entire race of beings in Ellis' Astonishing run.

If they were gonna do this shyt they should have used Storm or Kitty. Actually if they were going to do this shyt they should have actually shown Scott to be wrong in the situation. That whole fukking thing just pisses me off and makes a lot a good characters come across as idiotic hypocritical a$$holes.

I'll speak on that...

Look, when it comes to Cyclops, its not that he is a "killer" now that has everyone mad, its that he was the STANDARD of what an X-Man is supposed to be and the fact he had this fall from grace shook a lot of the X-men to the core. Whether Logan or Havok admit it or not (and they both HAVE in the past) they ALL look up to Cyclops when it comes to being a hero and an X-Man. He's been the guy everyone looked to for leadership in the hard times and was the #1 student of Xavier. For him to be the one to actually kill charles basically shattered the image of hero-worship most of the X-Men have.

As ANXM touched on, EVERY single X-Man really doesn't hate Scott, nor would they not welcome him back in a second if he came to their door looking for sanctuary. Its the fact that he did what he did and is unapologetic about it that burns them all up about it.

It's like... in the Avengers, nobody trips when Thor, Iron Man or Widow kill someone, but if Cap killed someone in front of them all, they would all feel a bit of disappointment there.