Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Marauders #20 felt like a hollow goodbye because we haven't seen Storm much in the book for a long while. Duggan showing flashbacks was aight but this was a very filler issue. At least this kinda confirmed whatever Storm is doing gotta be the new Hickman book or a big announcement that hasn't been made yet.

Hellions #11 I was dying at Sinister's lisp throughout the book :russ: Psylocke gonna fukk up Sinister's plans because he was too much of an arrogant moron (kind of what Mystique will do to Charles and Erik), can't wait for that to happen soon :ehh:
Mystique isn't smart enough to ruin anything..

Monsanto

Superstar
Daps
Is Doomsday Clock worth reading?

Saw some scans of Luthor and it caught my interest.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile

It's a cool read, though you can tell plans changed half way though, not everything has a good payoff. If Lex is your main interest I wouldn't recommended it though. He's a terciary character.

Last edited:

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Did anybody read Heroes Reborn?

I'm assuming by the lack of discussion about it in here that either nobody read it or they did and it was :trash:.

Monsanto

Superstar
Daps
It's a cool read, though you can tell plans changed half way though, not everything has a good payoff. If Lex is your main interest I wouldn't recommended it though. He's a terciary character.

His characterization was dope in the series, everything else was :scust:

As a fan of Watchmen, nope. I’m not even a hardcore fan, but Clock was meh.

Too many callbacks and nonsense plagued the series. It was so obvious what they were doing with the superheroes and who framed them.

Comedian retcon and then doing a retcon once more.

All of this was to setup a merge of timelines. Gross.

King Harlem

Superstar
Daps
Did anybody read Heroes Reborn?

I'm assuming by the lack of discussion about it in here that either nobody read it or they did and it was :trash:.

It was surprising a good start. For a book I wasn't too encouraged about, I'm looking forward to next issue. Solid 4/5.

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets

Too many callbacks and nonsense plagued the series. It was so obvious what they were doing with the superheroes and who framed them.

Felt like a Johns was forcing out a try hard copy of Moore. shyt was forgettable. :russell:

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Looks like you already read it, but I'll say this: I liked it when it came out, but ultimately whatever impact is was supposed to have was moot.

The delays forced it to shoehorn in references to Sanctuary and the Dark Multiverse, which the story didn't have any impact on.

DC flat out ignored everything in it and used Death Metal to do what Doomsday Clock was intended to do. The first issue of Death Metal even flat out says that Doomsday Clock "did not have the desired effect."

Because of all the delays, other writers started using characters that Johns was saving for the end of Doomsday Clock. Snyder yanked the JSA for Death Metal, and Bendis rebooted the Legion of Super-Heroes before it was done and brought Clark's parents back. Young Justice probably should have been held off until after it was done because the YJ4 were huge parts of the storylines leading up to it, but the book came back a whole year before Doomsday Clock was done (and severely suffered for it).

The book had to pivot to being a Superman love letter at the end and force in references to 5G, which was scrapped.

If the only comic you ever read was Watchmen and you picked this up, it might be ok. But following DC the whole time it was coming out, I can't help but resent it because it forced the whole publishing into a holding pattern because it was delayed so much. Those two years were an absolute shyt show creatively for DC, and the book didn't even have the impact it had been built up to. I'd say the same thing about Three Jokers, since it was delayed even longer and the final product was :trash:.

I don't know if any of that answered your question, but I felt like ranting about it. :yeshrug:

Mortal1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Bay Area
They got Destiny under control..how could Mystique get that far without Xavier at least knowing about it?
She just has to hook up with mutants that are on the X-men’s bad side like Sebsatin Stan Sabertooth and Mr Sinister would be down with that type of fukkery Destiny would bring.