Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Not mad at all, I frequent that forum and by the way you said "Jean Needs a Lesbian Lover" I already knew you posted there, you have the stench of those posters who in every thread talk about turning every one gay, and making up gay scenarios for straight characters.
I ain't ever mentioned turning anyone gay in my life. Jean needs a new twist because she's boring right now. And that's what white girls do..they get drunk and turn into secret lesbians...they do it everyday..every week...every weekend. It's like breathing oxygen to them.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
John Paul Leon was an amazing artist. Cancer is a motherfukker.
His work was legit art that you would want to have hanging on your walls.
E0baC15XMAMVmFg

E0aNV_DUYAApv7t

E0aawI1XIAId2Pn

And this two pager tribute to Dwayne McDuffie JPL drew had me like :mjcry:

E0amcH6VoAE0Z8p

E0amcH4VIAAPDPy

McDuffie, Robert Washington III and John Paul Leon are all gone now just as Milestone and Static is making its comeback...that's just sad.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
John Paul Leon was an amazing artist. Cancer is a motherfukker. And this two pager tribute to Dwayne McDuffie JPL drew had me like :mjcry:

E0amcH6VoAE0Z8p

E0amcH4VIAAPDPy

McDuffie, Robert Washington III and John Paul Leon are all gone now just as Milestone and Static is making its comeback...that's just sad.

This was amazing.

RIP to John Paul Leon

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
just about all psychics are sociopaths. very few of them understand boundaries but want to get mad at you for what they find in your head. theres a reason max keeps that fukking helmet on
Absolutely none. They think they're the good guys above reproach because they aren't mind controlling people 24 7 but they stay invading bidness. Of all the mutant powers psychics have to be the one that makes humans the most paranoid

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps

Dc writing is so lazy in a lot of these. How you gonna dispose of the ultimate form of superman like an afterthought :mjlol:
Powerlevels all over the place:hhh:

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Absolutely none. They think they're the good guys above reproach because they aren't mind controlling people 24 7 but they stay invading bidness. Of all the mutant powers psychics have to be the one that makes humans the most paranoid

"Ach, the polite fictions of telepaths" - Nightcrawler

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
After two issues, I have to say I really don't like this Green Lantern run nearly as much as I wanted to. It's ok, but something is missing in the execution. Maybe it's because it's a 32-page book with no backup, which normally I would appreciate, but the pacing is very awkward, and certain parts seem to drag on too long. I also hate the ending where
Simon Baz is apparently killed in a terrorist attack.

That said, I'll keep buying it because I support the idea, and I like the premise with the realignment of the sectors and more of the focus on the POC lanterns. And of course I want to support a black writer on a major title like this. The last thing I want is this book getting canceled so we can get another stale white writer doing another stale Hal Jordan book.:francis:

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
One book I really did like right now is the new Robin book. shyt was lowkey :fire:.

It's basically a battle shounen in the DC Universe and I am here for all of it. :blessed:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
After two issues, I have to say I really don't like this Green Lantern run nearly as much as I wanted to. It's ok, but something is missing in the execution. Maybe it's because it's a 32-page book with no backup, which normally I would appreciate, but the pacing is very awkward, and certain parts seem to drag on too long. I also hate the ending where
Simon Baz is apparently killed in a terrorist attack.

That said, I'll keep buying it because I support the idea, and I like the premise with the realignment of the sectors and more of the focus on the POC lanterns. And of course I want to support a black writer on a major title like this. The last thing I want is this book getting canceled so we can get another stale white writer doing another stale Hal Jordan book.:francis:
I enjoyed the second issue. Its basically just a continuation of the setup from the first issue (creating the new status quo; giving characters their missions; expanding the villains a bit). As for the ending:
I don't think Simon is dead. I think, and this based off how he was drawn in those pages, that when the battery blew up that all the rings on OA were destroyed too and that is evidenced by how Simon's ring hand is all bloody and he's in his civilian clothes.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Marauders #20 felt like a hollow goodbye because we haven't seen Storm much in the book for a long while. Duggan showing flashbacks was aight but this was a very filler issue. At least this kinda confirmed whatever Storm is doing gotta be the new Hickman book or a big announcement that hasn't been made yet.

Hellions #11 I was dying at Sinister's lisp throughout the book :russ: Psylocke gonna fukk up Sinister's plans because he was too much of an arrogant moron (kind of what Mystique will do to Charles and Erik), can't wait for that to happen soon :ehh:

Last edited:

Mortal1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Bay Area
Immortal Hulk and Hellions this week :wow:

joe fix it is about to hand the avenger that fade. this hulk seems to be merged with joe and savage infused with cosmic energy. :wow:

Mr Sinister has really shined during this Hickman run dude causing all this fukkery in Krakoa arguing with himself over his capes :pachaha:

i have a feeling this book will end with him getting fukked up by the hellions.