Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
They got Destiny under control..how could Mystique get that far without Xavier at least knowing about it?
There are about 500 schemes and hijinks happening on Krakoa that Chuck has no clue about.
Mystquoe could do all kinds of damage and the leadership knows it which is why they are trying to keep her close and even gave her a seat on the council.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
There are about 500 schemes and hijinks happening on Krakoa that Chuck has no clue about.
Mystquoe could do all kinds of damage and the leadership knows it which is why they are trying to keep her close and even gave her a seat on the council.
She ain't that dangerous...its kind of silly that she's on the council in the first place.

Monsanto

Superstar
Daps
Looks like you already read it, but I'll say this: I liked it when it came out, but ultimately whatever impact is was supposed to have was moot.

The delays forced it to shoehorn in references to Sanctuary and the Dark Multiverse, which the story didn't have any impact on.

DC flat out ignored everything in it and used Death Metal to do what Doomsday Clock was intended to do. The first issue of Death Metal even flat out says that Doomsday Clock "did not have the desired effect."

Because of all the delays, other writers started using characters that Johns was saving for the end of Doomsday Clock. Snyder yanked the JSA for Death Metal, and Bendis rebooted the Legion of Super-Heroes before it was done and brought Clark's parents back. Young Justice probably should have been held off until after it was done because the YJ4 were huge parts of the storylines leading up to it, but the book came back a whole year before Doomsday Clock was done (and severely suffered for it).

The book had to pivot to being a Superman love letter at the end and force in references to 5G, which was scrapped.

If the only comic you ever read was Watchmen and you picked this up, it might be ok. But following DC the whole time it was coming out, I can't help but resent it because it forced the whole publishing into a holding pattern because it was delayed so much. Those two years were an absolute shyt show creatively for DC, and the book didn't even have the impact it had been built up to. I'd say the same thing about Three Jokers, since it was delayed even longer and the final product was :trash:.

I don't know if any of that answered your question, but I felt like ranting about it. :yeshrug:

I was still keeping up with DC books by the time issue 7 of this series came out and knew about the delays.

If I recall, the book became a bi-monthly title, and if the main books are supposed to be tie-ins and references to this, that's unacceptable.

The Superman being a central key to the multiverse plot was terrible. It actually reminds me of Rachel not having alternate timeline versions from Excalibur's time crusade arc. Of course, it was done terribly here in comparison to that.

They wasted their opportunity with Manhattan in this book, everything here was a waste. This must be reason why Dark Metal was so well received.

Three Jokers
:mjlol:
I remember that mess. The problem DC has is living with their consequences, because then they deliver convoluted explanations to bring something back.

Whereas Marvel, someone can just pop back up. :mjlol:
I see professor x is back, let me find out its a X-Men 3, his consciousness was still floating around type of deal.

John Reena

Superstar
Daps
n4w1zw1cpfu51.jpg

When and what book did this happen?!

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
The Trial of Magneto is coming in August and CBR thinks he killed someone you're not supposed to kill..another hero or something. We'll see.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
I honestly don't know why I keep buying it. :francis:

Easily my least favorite X-book.

Yeah, it has had a couple of good issue, but for such a cool premise, the book is all over the place and never really click on all cylinders.

Is it a mini series or in all the books??

I think it's a mini, they said some of the new books wouldn't be ongoing series. It wont be crossing over to every book, that's for sure.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
The Trial of Magneto is coming in August and CBR thinks he killed someone you're not supposed to kill..another hero or something. We'll see.
Well the rule is that no Krakoan citizen is allowed to kill a human.
So it will be either one of the heroes that have been invited or one of the human guests that have been invited.
Bleeding Cool keeps suggesting that it will be Scarlet Witch but that makes no sense for a lot of reasons not the least of which is who would even invite Wanda to a party on Krakoa?

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Well the rule is that no Krakoan citizen is allowed to kill a human.
So it will be either one of the heroes that have been invited or one of the human guests that have been invited.
Bleeding Cool keeps suggesting that it will be Scarlet Witch but that makes no sense for a lot of reasons not the least of which is who would even invite Wanda to a party on Krakoa?

I could see Wanda being invited but not getting killed. And even if she was, "the trial" would then be Magneto trying to convince people to get Wanda in the resurrection protocols.

I do wonder how all of this affects S.W.O.R.D. as Magneto is their biggest supporter in the Council (or that's what's been implied anyway) and they've been teasing a big announcement or reveal for the Gala too :patrice:

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I could see Wanda being invited but not getting killed. And even if she was, "the trial" would then be Magneto trying to convince people to get Wanda in the resurrection protocols.
I don't see any reason for her to be invited that would make any sense. She has basically been anointed the #1 enemy of mutants to the point they refer to her as "The Great Pretender" and "The Hated One".

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
I don't see any reason for her to be invited that would make any sense. She has basically been anointed the #1 enemy of mutants to the point they refer to her as "The Great Pretender" and "The Hated One".

Exodus is the main culprit of the "Great Pretender" boogieman story that's been passed down to younger mutants. And yes, people do call her that. But I wouldn't be surprised if anyone (Emma or whoever) invites her for some reason. She could even be invited to be judged for all we know :heh: