Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
His characterization was dope in the series, everything else was :scust:

Too many callbacks and nonsense plagued the series. It was so obvious what they were doing with the superheroes and who framed them.

Comedian retcon and then doing a retcon once more.

All of this was to setup a merge of timelines. Gross.
Only thing I liked about it was how it showed how important Superman is to the DC Universe.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Well the rule is that no Krakoan citizen is allowed to kill a human.
So it will be either one of the heroes that have been invited or one of the human guests that have been invited.
Bleeding Cool keeps suggesting that it will be Scarlet Witch but that makes no sense for a lot of reasons not the least of which is who would even invite Wanda to a party on Krakoa?
I don't think he really sees Wanda as a enemy..he never speaks on her despite what Exodus feeds the kids in his camp fire stories.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Exodus is the main culprit of the "Great Pretender" boogieman story that's been passed down to younger mutants. And yes, people do call her that. But I wouldn't be surprised if anyone (Emma or whoever) invites her for some reason. She could even be invited to be judged for all we know :heh:
Jean Grey was gone when Wanda did No more mutants..you know how Jean is..she's a goodie two shoes character. Her and Wanda have been friends pretty much since her initial appearance. This is why I wanted Jean back..Scott was acting tough and being a cowboy when she was gone But he would never act that way if she was there because she wouldn't allow him to make those moves. She was devastated with guilt after Xavier shut Magneto's mind down in Fatal Attractions and. So who knows how she reacts to a group of heroes wanting Wanda to die after Decimation.

parallax

Superstar
Daps
I could see Wanda being invited but not getting killed. And even if she was, "the trial" would then be Magneto trying to convince people to get Wanda in the resurrection protocols.

I do wonder how all of this affects S.W.O.R.D. as Magneto is their biggest supporter in the Council (or that's what's been implied anyway) and they've been teasing a big announcement or reveal for the Gala too :patrice:

Why though? On top of the damage being done, what does killing her and bringing her back do? She's not broken and her powers are no more outta control than normal. And if there's heroes around they arent gonna let her stand trial, "diplomatic immunity" or not

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Why though? On top of the damage being done, what does killing her and bringing her back do? She's not broken and her powers are no more outta control than normal. And if there's heroes around they arent gonna let her stand trial, "diplomatic immunity" or not

I'm just theorizing here. Going with a scenario were the following would have to happen: Wanda gets invited and Wanda gets killed. Both of those might not even happen :heh: how would she get killed can come in a bunch of ways (same as her just getting an invite). I don't see that as a big hurdle to explain either way.

IF her death is what leads to The Trial of Magneto, then I think it will be more about Erik wanting to bring Wanda back than him being on trial for killing her.

Why would he want her back? In S.W.O.R.D. it's established he's still hurt about her being "the pretender" and not his daughter. And if it's possible to bring her back, then it means Cerebro has a backup of her memories, which in turns means that Chuck has her as a mutant, and not a "pretender". That would be an interesting scenario because if would tackle another retcon were Wanda is a mutant once again AND have mutantkind divided between the people that see Wanda as the boogieman and those who want to giver her a second chance because she is in fact a mutant, and in Krakoa, every mutant can start over no matter who they were before. Who else but his pops -who in Krakoa is treated like fukking Jesus- to make her case to be brought back?

Again, I'm just fantasy booking this shyt. For all I know Mags just kills a human and stands trial for breaking one of the three main laws of Krakoa and that's what the books is about. But I honestly don't see what's so hard to understand about the series being about Wanda. There's a bunch of ways it could be dealt with, make sense and be a compelling story :manny:

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What do people think of Al Ewing's Guardians of the Galaxy run?

I'm a few issues behind, but hot take: I think it's my favorite book he's doing right now. I couldn't get into S.W.O.R.D., Immortal Hulk lost a ton of steam, and I didn't love We Only Find Them When They're Dead.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
What do people think of Al Ewing's Guardians of the Galaxy run?

I'm a few issues behind, but hot take: I think it's my favorite book he's doing right now. I couldn't get into S.W.O.R.D., Immortal Hulk lost a ton of steam, and I didn't love We Only Find Them When They're Dead.
Ewing's GotG is a lot of fun and really has done turnaround on a book that had kinda fallen off after being hot for awhile.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
I was really intrigued by the concept but after the first issue the book kinda lost a lot of my interest.

Yeah, shyt was all over the place with way too much overcomplicated dialogue (because of the team's "job"). I do think it got a couple of good issues after XoS but it never lived up to the premise.

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
I was really intrigued by the concept but after the first issue the book kinda lost a lot of my interest.
The first two arcs were pretty good but siryn storyline was traditional superhero nonsense.

Also heard a rumor that with Polaris leaving they’ll reboot the book after the trial of Magneto. Possibly with him replacing her