Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
havent read Way of X but I'm about to

I really came in here to say X-Force got some of the worst art I've ever seen.

look at jean face.

ru6P53soocZBZUgvq91AAWITxXEYFWaCeLV9_pfDpJy-E0BG4cNiXsFuN-8F7PofQWI7DZ0Fix45y3tlvJuEb8_ZzOTreWwOefT852i6eVM42cGBbBffESIIbBP6DiQI5SLsJkqYuQ=s1600

look at it. :mjlol:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
S.W.O.R.D. continues to be :banderas:

I hope it doesn't get cancelled soon :sadcam:
What they did to Cortez was cold-blooded.

This does make me start contemplating just what would happen if all the mutants on Krakoa who are treated like shyt were to click up and start plotting their revenge.:jbhmm:

And that same situation applies to Brand playing puppet master with galactic empires too.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile

This does make me start contemplating just what would happen if all the mutants on Krakoa who are treated like shyt were to click up and start plotting their revenge.:jbhmm:

And that same situation applies to Brand playing puppet master with galactic empires too.

I mean, fukk Fabian Cortez :yeshrug:

But yeah, the thing about Krakoa is they can't have it both ways. You can't expect every "evil" mutant to change who they are and you can't expect to build a new nation having "evil" mutants doing evil things in public (Sinister is supposedly doing shyt behind's everyone's back and a dude like Shaw already learned his lesson the hard way).

It makes sense Mystique, Fabian and others end up working together to fukk everything up because they didn't get what they wanted. We all knew this Krakoan Era is not gonna end nicely since House of X #1 :heh: :heh:

Anyways, I really liked Ewing is actually using Arakko too.

X-Force getting the axe :mjgrin:

Makes sense, Percy's book are by far the most expendable of the bunch along with New Mutants and (post XoS) Excalibur. But at least New Mutants became a really good book eventually.

S.W.O.R.D. is switching artists though. Schitti is gonna be drawing a new book and someone else is going to continue with Ewing. I hope it's someone worth a damn :sadbron:

Last edited:

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
speaking of SWORD, it's funny seeing the SnarkWar being treated as a major threat, being that the rest of the universe is in disarray and rebuilding. after too many "Events".

Zn'rx (Snarks) are POWER PACK villains.

I kinda feel like Marvel would be fukked if Dire Wraiths were still around. But I noted early on how lore from the old ROM comics (space knights, Galador, etc) were used in the Cable comics, but ROM was being used by another company.

I'm guessing the Snark shyt is a replacement for a Galador(kinda lame now that I'm grown, the whole story was created mainly to sell toys)/Dire Wraith (will never be not cool) cosmic Event.

edit: Dire Wraiths? Imagine you took Brood, added Skrull shapeshifting, Dalek mentality and Doctor Strange magic and threw it all in a blender.

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I just want him and Damian to be leading the next wave of Teen Titans.

It would be great if they did some YA OGNs for Super Sons (but actually do it right this time), or say there's another Earth in the re-solidified multiverse where Jonathan never got aged up (and maybe Alfred never died) and do more Super Sons over there. Then we could get all that stuff as if the original series was never canceled.

They're not de-aging Jonathan any time soon, and these weird minis they keep doing are fun, but ultimately useless filler.

going by my theory of marvel art and cancellations, no worries there.

X-Force getting the axe :mjgrin:

X-Factor is the one that needs to be canceled if anything. :trash:

shyt is boring AF, but I keep buying it for some reason. :francis:

:mjcry: can't believe Im itching to read Superman

I've been saying, Philip Kennedy Johnson is legit doing good work on the Superman books right now.

He's actually making aged-up Jonathan likable and interesting.

Last edited:

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
speaking of SWORD, it's funny seeing the SnarkWar being treated as a major threat, being that the rest of the universe is in disarray and rebuilding. after too many "Events".

Zn'rx (Snarks) are POWER PACK villains.

I kinda feel like Marvel would be fukked if Dire Wraiths were still around. But I noted early on how lore from the old ROM comics (space knights, Galador, etc) were used in the Cable comics, but ROM was being used by another company.

I'm guessing the Snark shyt is a replacement for a Galador(kinda lame now that I'm grown, the whole story was created mainly to sell toys)/Dire Wraith (will never be not cool) cosmic Event.

edit: Dire Wraiths? Imagine you took Brood, added Skrull shapeshifting, Dalek mentality and Doctor Strange magic and threw it all in a blender.
The Dire Wraiths legalities are weird.
Hasbro owns the Dire Wraith name but Marvel owns the Dire Wraith appearance which is why the Dire Wraiths in the Rom books at IDW look like this:

Rgi2FLs.jpg

Instead of the infinitely more interesting looking Dire Wraiths from Marvel:

CQjtjly.jpg

BuddahMAC

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Way of X was outstanding. Anyone who is bothered by mutants just letting shyt be, this is the book for you because it basically questions everything.

Just Kurt's simple "Ach. The polite fictions of telepaths."

Such a dope comic both completely of a world and questioning that world that Nightcrawler is the all too perfect avatar. Loved it.

parallax

Superstar
Daps

I mean, fukk Fabian Cortez :yeshrug:

But yeah, the thing about Krakoa is they can't have it both ways. You can't expect every "evil" mutant to change who they are and you can't expect to build a new nation having "evil" mutants doing evil things in public (Sinister is supposedly doing shyt behind's everyone's back and a dude like Shaw already learned his lesson the hard way).

It makes sense Mystique, Fabian and others end up working together to fukk everything up because they didn't get what they wanted. We all knew this Krakoan Era is not gonna end nicely since House of X #1 :heh: :heh:

this are both points that i came away with from sword and way. and add
legion
to the mix as well

also, does anyone find it funny that noone calls max on his holocaust victim shyt when his hands are among the dirtiest on the island? i wish someone would call him out for that shyt

and it looks like kurt might be the one to fix this pretender stuff. cuz hes gonna have to pull this society out of max and exodus' hands

Last edited:

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
this are both points that i came away with from sword and way. and add
legion
to the mix as well

also, does anyone find it funny that noone calls max on his holocaust victim shyt when his hands are among the dirtiest on the island? i wish someone would call him out for that shyt

and it looks like kurt might be the one to fix this pretender stuff. cuz hes gonna have to pull this society out of max and exodus' hands
I have never seen anyone push back on Magneto when he starts using his past as justification or cover for whatever he has done or plans on doing.
I think it would have to be someone who hasn't been down with Xavier and them for a long time to do it because all of The X-folk seem to have moved past Magneto's past for the most part. Or one of the villains on Krakoa.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
DC Launching Horror Imprint With 'The Conjuring' Limited Series

Ml1lPCR.jpg

DC Comics is ready to scare this summer with a new imprint, DC HORROR. To make its launch even more terrifying, the 17+ imprint will debut a limited series connected to The Conjuring franchise.

DC HORROR will debut this June with a five-issue, monthly limited series co-written by The Conjuring 2 and The Conjuring: The Devil Made Me Do It screenwriter David Leslie Johnson-McGoldrick and New York Times best-selling author Rex Ogle.

It will feature art by Garry Brown (Babyteeth), main cover art from Bill Sienkiewicz (New Mutants, Moon Knight) and a variant cover by Ryan Brown (Dark Nights: Death Metal).

The Conjuring: The Lover is a five-issue monthly limited series that sets up New Line Cinema’s next installment in The Conjuring franchise — The Conjuring: The Devil Made Me Do It.

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Ml1lPCR.jpg

DC Comics is ready to scare this summer with a new imprint, DC HORROR. To make its launch even more terrifying, the 17+ imprint will debut a limited series connected to The Conjuring franchise.

DC HORROR will debut this June with a five-issue, monthly limited series co-written by The Conjuring 2 and The Conjuring: The Devil Made Me Do It screenwriter David Leslie Johnson-McGoldrick and New York Times best-selling author Rex Ogle.

It will feature art by Garry Brown (Babyteeth), main cover art from Bill Sienkiewicz (New Mutants, Moon Knight) and a variant cover by Ryan Brown (Dark Nights: Death Metal).

The Conjuring: The Lover is a five-issue monthly limited series that sets up New Line Cinema’s next installment in The Conjuring franchise — The Conjuring: The Devil Made Me Do It.

Wasn't Hill House the DC Horror imprint? :why: