Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

WhenWeWereKings

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The latest issue of Excalibur was actually decent. First time in a long time it wasn't a chore to read. Malice is an interesting character that I'd like to see explored more.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Black Label Suicide Squad Miniseries from Brian Azzarello & Alex Maleev

ql8bL1X.jpg

Suicide Squad: Get Joker! #1
Story by
Brian Azzarello
Art by Alex Maleev and Matt Hollingsworth
Cover by Alex Maleev
ON SALE: 8/3/21
$6.99 US | 48 PAGES | FC | DC BLACK LABEL
1 of 3

Critically acclaimed and bestselling author Brian Azzarello (Batman: Damned) and Eisner Award-winning art legend Alex Maleev (Batman: No Man’s Land) collaborate for the first time in this three-issue, oversize, Prestige plus format Suicide Squad series pitting Red Hood, Harley Quinn, Firefly, and more of DC’s most villainous criminals against The Joker. When Task Force X’s Amanda Waller sets her sights on Batman’s greatest foe, she enlists the Dark Knight’s former partner Jason Todd to track down the Clown Prince of Crime and put an end to his mad reign of terror.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Booster Gold & Blue Beetle Miniseries From Dan Jurgens and Ryan Sook
PkrE765.jpg

Blue & Gold #1
Story by
Dan Jurgens
Art by Ryan Sook
Cover by Ryan Sook
ON SALE: 7/20/21
$3.99 US | 32 PAGES | FC | DC
1 of 8

Desperate to regain the spotlight, Booster Gold looks to attract the public’s (and Justice League’s) attention the same way any washed-up, second-rate hero would—social media. The not-so-tech-savvy hero from the 25th century enlists the help of his best friend, Blue Beetle, who possesses both the money and the brains to help his old pal navigate the scary world of internet influencers. Watch out, evildoers, our heroes are live and online!
Don’t miss Dan Jurgens’s triumphant return to Booster Gold with the help of all-star artist Ryan Sook (Legion of Super-Heroes), telling a tale filled with heart and maybe even redemption for DC’s two favorite underdogs!

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I want to get caught up on Avengers but everybody keeps saying it's :trash:. :mjcry:

I'll probably just read it on Marvel Unlimited. I won't pay any more money for it.

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
It would set up an interesting moral and diplomatic dilemma.

Say a group of mutant citizens of Krakoa decide to go make an assassination attempt on Wanda...how would The Small Council handle it? Would they claim that its a Krakoa problem and they will decide what punishment the would be assassins would suffer? Would The Avengers buy that and just leave it to Chuck and them to handle?
Would Wanda accept it? When pushed she can go a bit medieval.
And how long would it take Quicksilver to decide to run his goofy ass to Krakoa and super-speed murder the folks who tried to kill his sister causing an international incident?
I hope they explore something like this or something similar. Say some mutant in Russia gets killed by some drunks at a bar but the drunks didn't know they were a mutant. Would Krakoa citizens go after them? How would Russia react to mutants coming through in their country? Or what if a mutant in Arkansas kills a human? Krakoa says they'll handle it but say the governor of Arkansas says no, that mutant needs to stand trial for murder. These are things I want them to explore in the X-titles.