Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
There was a lot to like abut Way of X #1 and a pretty cool surprise villain at the end.

I was pretty intrigued by the instances where Scarlet Witch's name was invoked as both a pejorative descriptor and as the enemy of the mutant race:

50fgM27.jpg

npm2PVD.jpg

The way the younger mutants on Krakoa have very little value on life since it is pretty much eternal for them:

5zxwNQk.jpg

And the discussions of religion that saw Nightcrawler getting dunked on for pretty much the whole issue:

haWzFUd.jpg

JQBMxSk.jpg
I'm glad Kurt is starting to come to his senses and realizes something is wrong.

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
Way of X was outstanding. Anyone who is bothered by mutants just letting shyt be, this is the book for you because it basically questions everything.

Patchwork Man :merchant:

Don't be a Wanda :dead:

Exodus still telling Wanda stories like she the boogieman :mjlol:
I wonder if they're have one of these mutant kids decide to venture off Krakoa to hurt or kill Wanda.

parallax

Superstar
Daps
I wonder if they're have one of these mutant kids decide to venture off Krakoa to hurt or kill Wanda.

that will get the avengers involved, and they cant play victim and "diplomatic immunity" when you have your own kind fukking around trying to assassinate people. or worse, you end up with an illuminati situation whose whole goal is what to do about that mutant situation. and as many enemies that krakoa has at the current moment, there may be a bunch of people who want a seat at that table

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
That would be a good story. Because they are basically radicalizing a whole generation of mutants to think of Wanda like Republicans think of Hillary Clinton.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
that will get the avengers involved, and they cant play victim and "diplomatic immunity" when you have your own kind fukking around trying to assassinate people. or worse, you end up with an illuminati situation whose whole goal is what to do about that mutant situation. and as many enemies that krakoa has at the current moment, there may be a bunch of people who want a seat at that table
It would set up an interesting moral and diplomatic dilemma.

Say a group of mutant citizens of Krakoa decide to go make an assassination attempt on Wanda...how would The Small Council handle it? Would they claim that its a Krakoa problem and they will decide what punishment the would be assassins would suffer? Would The Avengers buy that and just leave it to Chuck and them to handle?
Would Wanda accept it? When pushed she can go a bit medieval.
And how long would it take Quicksilver to decide to run his goofy ass to Krakoa and super-speed murder the folks who tried to kill his sister causing an international incident?

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
It would set up an interesting moral and diplomatic dilemma.

Say a group of mutant citizens of Krakoa decide to go make an assassination attempt on Wanda...how would The Small Council handle it? Would they claim that its a Krakoa problem and they will decide what punishment the would be assassins would suffer? Would The Avengers buy that and just leave it to Chuck and them to handle?
Would Wanda accept it? When pushed she can go a bit medieval.
And how long would it take Quicksilver to decide to run his goofy ass to Krakoa and super-speed murder the folks who tried to kill his sister causing an international incident?
They got to explore it eventually. Magneto raised both QS and Wanda as his kids. Even he can’t pretend to have washed his hands of them as if they don’t exist. Wanda fukked up but QS was a mutant suprematist and a member of X-Factor. There is a ton of baggage on both sides and calling the two of them “the pretenders” to deal with M-Day is going to eventually lead to someone trying to take them out.

Honestly the whole thing would be a great reason to do X-Men vs Avengers 3.

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Upcoming DC Comics July 2021 revealed | GamesRadar+

Christopher Priest Deathstroke omnibus coming in August. :blessed:. I'm preordering that as soon as it's available.

Definitely getting the card stock variants for Static and Icon & Rocket. Probably will buy them on Comixology to read, but the physicals for collecting. May get extra copies of the first issues and have them slabbed, but I've never done that before so I don't know how that works.

Detective Comics, Justice League and Wonder Woman all going back to twice a month at $4.99? :patrice: Loving that Green Lantern is $4.99 for 40 pages and no backup. Boom Studios has been doing that for some of their newer books, and the pacing is infinitely better for it.

Still no JSA. :beli: