Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
has joseph been seen on the island?

and i think thats simplifying it. maddie isnt being revived because she knows sinisters secrets. stryfe is just pure chaos and he wont play along. especially if he gets a whiff of whats really going on. the problem with that is to look unbiased theyll fukk other clones. im kinda curious what would happen if honeybadger asks them to put her sisters in the queue
Rachel Summers is there though

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
Can’t wait for Cons to return. One of the small ones I check started back up months ago. Gonna hit up the next one. LA Con returning in December.

Hopefully I’ll be feasting in the dollar boxes. Dudes gotta be backed up with shyt to unload.

tenor.gif

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
DC still refuses to de-age Jon Kent for some reason. I blame Bendis.

Superman: Son of Kal-El series by Tom Taylor and John Timms

Jonathan Kent has experienced a lot in his young life. He’s fought evil with Robin (Damian Wayne), traveled across galaxies with his Kryptonian grandfather, and lived in the future with the Legion of Super-Heroes, who were intent on training him for the day his father could no longer be Superman. There is a hole in the Legion’s history that prevents Jon from knowing exactly when that will happen, but all signs point to it being very soon. It’s time for the son to wear the cape of his father and continue the never-ending battle as a symbol of hope for his home planet.

EzgKH8fWEAIU9An

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Superman & The Authority by Grant Morrison and Mikel Janín

If Superman is to free the prisoners of Warworld, he’s going to need help, the kind of help that doesn't scream 'Justice League.

This new team will be led by Manchester Black, and combine original members Midnighter and Apollo with new members Enchantress and Natasha Irons, as well as new versions of Lightray and O.M.A.C. This new team will have to learn to work together, and fast, as the Ultra-Humanite has formed his own team of villains to take out the Man of Steel.

The limited series launches in July and sets up an "all-new status quo" for Superman, setting up story elements that will impact both Action Comics and Superman: Son of Kal-El (the retitled Superman title that gets a new writer and a new focus starting in July) for the foreseeable future.

EzgIn5PWYAUQbW-

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I'm OK with it for now. Philip Kennedy Johnson has been writing him well in the Superman books, and Tom Taylor taking over a Jon solo with John Timms on art already means I'm buying every issue.

Also, I love Super Sons but it's time for it to end. This current Challenge of the Super Sons book, while by no means terrible, is the equivalent of sitting through an anime filler arc. :unimpressed:

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I'm OK with it for now. Philip Kennedy Johnson has been writing him well in the Superman books, and Tom Taylor taking over a Jon solo with John Timms on art already means I'm buying every issue.

Also, I love Super Sons but it's time for it to end. This current Challenge of the Super Sons book, while by no means terrible, is the equivalent of sitting through an anime filler arc. :unimpressed:
I just want him and Damian to be leading the next wave of Teen Titans.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
There was a lot to like abut Way of X #1 and a pretty cool surprise villain at the end.

I was pretty intrigued by the instances where Scarlet Witch's name was invoked as both a pejorative descriptor and as the enemy of the mutant race:

50fgM27.jpg

npm2PVD.jpg

The way the younger mutants on Krakoa have very little value on life since it is pretty much eternal for them:

5zxwNQk.jpg

And the discussions of religion that saw Nightcrawler getting dunked on for pretty much the whole issue:

haWzFUd.jpg

JQBMxSk.jpg

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field

Superman: Son of Kal-El series by Tom Taylor and John Timms

Jonathan Kent has experienced a lot in his young life. He’s fought evil with Robin (Damian Wayne), traveled across galaxies with his Kryptonian grandfather, and lived in the future with the Legion of Super-Heroes, who were intent on training him for the day his father could no longer be Superman. There is a hole in the Legion’s history that prevents Jon from knowing exactly when that will happen, but all signs point to it being very soon. It’s time for the son to wear the cape of his father and continue the never-ending battle as a symbol of hope for his home planet.

EzgKH8fWEAIU9An
Superman & The Authority by Grant Morrison and Mikel Janín

If Superman is to free the prisoners of Warworld, he’s going to need help, the kind of help that doesn't scream 'Justice League.

This new team will be led by Manchester Black, and combine original members Midnighter and Apollo with new members Enchantress and Natasha Irons, as well as new versions of Lightray and O.M.A.C. This new team will have to learn to work together, and fast, as the Ultra-Humanite has formed his own team of villains to take out the Man of Steel.

The limited series launches in July and sets up an "all-new status quo" for Superman, setting up story elements that will impact both Action Comics and Superman: Son of Kal-El (the retitled Superman title that gets a new writer and a new focus starting in July) for the foreseeable future.

EzgIn5PWYAUQbW-

:mjcry: can't believe Im itching to read Superman