Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Bushed
Daps
how many times is that jester character that fights people with toys gonna die? spidey kills him now yet i remember him getting his brain matter splattered all over in civil war by the punisher

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
Since I can't make a thread yet due to post count, I thought this would be a good spot to post this bit of news:

Documentary on DC Comic's Super Villains Coming This Year

DCVillainBanner.jpg

Comic book villains are just as popular, if not more so, than the heroes they fight every month. Fans follow and adore the bad guys from the pages of Marvel and DC and now we're getting a whole new look at why we love these characters. DC has announced (via Yahoo) that they will be making a feature length documentary titled "Necessary Evil: Villains of DC Comics." Read the full press release below.

The Joker, Bane, Deathstroke, Darkseid and Lex Luthor -- the scariest and most menacing villains in DC Comics’ universe -- take center stage in a brand new full-length documentary from Warner Bros. Home Entertainment (WBHE) and DC Entertainment (DCE). The joint announcement was made today by WBHE and DCE.

Christopher Lee, who has played the villain more times than almost any other actor, will provide his unique voice as narrator. His roles in more than 200 films include star turns as Dracula, the Mummy and Frankenstein’s monster in Hammer horror classics, Count Dooku in Star Wars, and Saruman in The Lord of the Rings trilogy and The Hobbit films.

In this new documentary film, the malevolent, sometimes charismatic figures from DC Comics’ hallowed rogues’ gallery will be explored in depth, featuring interviews with the famed creators, storytellers and those who have crafted the personalities and profiles of many of the most notorious villains in comic book history.

Production begins March 30, to coincide with WonderCon at the Anaheim Convention Center March 29-31.

Noted Geoff Johns, best-selling author and DCE’s Chief Creative Officer, “DC Comics is known for many things, but chief among them is the compelling, diverse and legendary society of super-villains who populate its universe. From the monstrous Solomon Grundy to the brutal Black Adam to the charismatic Sinestro, there is no single greater collection of villainy in all of fiction. These villains are hugely popular comic book characters in their own right and, quite honestly, many are often times more popular than some of our iconic super heroes.”

Jeff Baker, WBHE’s Executive Vice President and General Manager, Theatrical Catalog, added “The DC brand is enjoying a huge resurgence thanks to the entire leadership team at DC Entertainment which is driving opportunities not only for new theatrical properties, but for brand extensions as well. This new documentary will reinforce this evolving strategy and leverage DC assets across the entire studio landscape.”

ohns also reiterated that this year’s initiative will be a turning point for DCE. “It’s time we deconstruct these complex and sinister antagonists and celebrate the role they play as the engine and energy of some of the greatest storytelling in comics. 2013 is the Year of the Villain at DC Comics.”

On Saturday, March 30th, fans attending WonderCon are encouraged to come dressed as their favorite DC Comics’ villain for an opportunity to be featured in the documentary Fans can join DCE at WonderCon at booth 801 with filming to take place Saturday from 10:30am – Noon. To find out more about where and what time to meet in the WonderCon DC Entertainment booth, keep checking the DC Comics Facebook (Facebook.com/DCComics) and Twitter sites (@DCComics).

(Photo Credit: WENN.com)

Documentary on DC Villains Coming This Year | Superhero Hype

:ehh:

Thoughts?

- Joker = GOAT Supervillain. Bats has the GOAT rouges gallery. Even non-comic book heads know who Joker, Two Face, Scarecrow, and Poison Ivy are.
- Superman has such a vast array of villains. I went :what: when I heard that they were using General Zod again for Man of Steel.
- I hope that Flash's rogues gallery gets some love. He has some of the most underrated villains (Captain Cold, Gorilla Grodd, Mirror Master, etc.) in comic book history.
- Wonder Woman only has one villain in the picture. lol

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Bushed
Daps
so dog is basically a bootleg sabretooth without the powers? Ive been waiting to see what they were going to eventually reveal with him and its just like ehhhhh, Jason Aaron usually excells at writing sabretooth style characters but he dropped the ball here

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Bushed
Daps
Since I can't make a thread yet due to post count, I thought this would be a good spot to post this bit of news:

Documentary on DC Comic's Super Villains Coming This Year

DCVillainBanner.jpg

Comic book villains are just as popular, if not more so, than the heroes they fight every month. Fans follow and adore the bad guys from the pages of Marvel and DC and now we're getting a whole new look at why we love these characters. DC has announced (via Yahoo) that they will be making a feature length documentary titled "Necessary Evil: Villains of DC Comics." Read the full press release below.

The Joker, Bane, Deathstroke, Darkseid and Lex Luthor -- the scariest and most menacing villains in DC Comics’ universe -- take center stage in a brand new full-length documentary from Warner Bros. Home Entertainment (WBHE) and DC Entertainment (DCE). The joint announcement was made today by WBHE and DCE.

Christopher Lee, who has played the villain more times than almost any other actor, will provide his unique voice as narrator. His roles in more than 200 films include star turns as Dracula, the Mummy and Frankenstein’s monster in Hammer horror classics, Count Dooku in Star Wars, and Saruman in The Lord of the Rings trilogy and The Hobbit films.

In this new documentary film, the malevolent, sometimes charismatic figures from DC Comics’ hallowed rogues’ gallery will be explored in depth, featuring interviews with the famed creators, storytellers and those who have crafted the personalities and profiles of many of the most notorious villains in comic book history.

Production begins March 30, to coincide with WonderCon at the Anaheim Convention Center March 29-31.

Noted Geoff Johns, best-selling author and DCE’s Chief Creative Officer, “DC Comics is known for many things, but chief among them is the compelling, diverse and legendary society of super-villains who populate its universe. From the monstrous Solomon Grundy to the brutal Black Adam to the charismatic Sinestro, there is no single greater collection of villainy in all of fiction. These villains are hugely popular comic book characters in their own right and, quite honestly, many are often times more popular than some of our iconic super heroes.”

Jeff Baker, WBHE’s Executive Vice President and General Manager, Theatrical Catalog, added “The DC brand is enjoying a huge resurgence thanks to the entire leadership team at DC Entertainment which is driving opportunities not only for new theatrical properties, but for brand extensions as well. This new documentary will reinforce this evolving strategy and leverage DC assets across the entire studio landscape.”

ohns also reiterated that this year’s initiative will be a turning point for DCE. “It’s time we deconstruct these complex and sinister antagonists and celebrate the role they play as the engine and energy of some of the greatest storytelling in comics. 2013 is the Year of the Villain at DC Comics.”

On Saturday, March 30th, fans attending WonderCon are encouraged to come dressed as their favorite DC Comics’ villain for an opportunity to be featured in the documentary Fans can join DCE at WonderCon at booth 801 with filming to take place Saturday from 10:30am – Noon. To find out more about where and what time to meet in the WonderCon DC Entertainment booth, keep checking the DC Comics Facebook (Facebook.com/DCComics) and Twitter sites (@DCComics).

(Photo Credit: WENN.com)

Documentary on DC Villains Coming This Year | Superhero Hype

:ehh:

Thoughts?

- Joker = GOAT Supervillain
- Superman has such a vast array of villains it makes me at the sight of them using General Zod again.
- I hope that Flash's rogues gallery gets some love. He has some of the most underrated villains (Captain Cold, Gorilla Grodd, Mirror Master, etc.) in comic book history.

Bane should get a new look, the AAA mexico wrestling look is losing its appeal

Knights89

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Would anybody know what are some of the better stories form the original/long running X factor series?

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
how many times is that jester character that fights people with toys gonna die? spidey kills him now yet i remember him getting his brain matter splattered all over in civil war by the punisher

people keep buying the gear from The Tinkerer/Justine and Sasha Hammer/The Power Broker.

They do the same thing in DC.

Heroes complain about it all the time, some common crook scraps up the money to buy like H.I.V.E. armor or Paste Pot Pete's old glue gun and go on rampages.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Would anybody know what are some of the better stories form the original/long running X factor series?

I just upped the whole first volume recently..started downloading the Onslaught era when Dark Beast was wildin, Random got exposed, and Havok got kidnapped and turned into the leader of the "Brotherhood".