Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
No idea well actually it's setting up the idea that the earth is forbidden to be landed on by aliens and his father was warning Peter to stay off :snoop: I don't really get it and ironman said that Peter called him :dwillhuh: Those costumes suck, starlords new helmet sucks , rockets costume and attitude :snoop:it's all bad . Bendis is a chump changing characters to make them fit and is this the same Peter who got stuck in the cancerverse ?
I miss the annihilation Peter quill and nova

yeah, I read it and reread it. Between this and Ultron... I can't even say nothing witty and/or disparaging at this point.

Earth being off limits to alien races is the dumbest shyt I've ever heard.

This Peter Quill sucks. I don't want to read no smirking post-teen boy toy Peter Quill. Does it REALLY look like this is the Quill that was carrying around the guilt of killing his better half "Ship", offing a planet to bring down a Herald of Galactus and was voluntarily spending the rest of his life in a space jail?

shyt no. When his dad referenced the fact that this "Star-Lord" had been stuck in the CancerVerse with Thanos and Nova but had gotten out somehow, I threw up in my mouth a little bit.

Drax not wanting to leave Gamora behind... Drax never gave a fukk about nobody but Moondragon. Better go ask Cammi from Avengers Arena how Drax feels about even little pre-teen girls.

Why does Gamora look more like my beloved Mantis?

WHERE IS MANTIS?? :demonic: :demonic::demonic:

Really, the only person Bendis got right was Groot. And that's a stretch.

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps
wolverine is to popular to go back now.
Nah they can throw it in the bushes and replace it with another X-title with him in a different role. Wolverine been popular. He can still be featured in 500 books without this one.

People think the book sucks, and it's not selling. UXM has consistently outsold it. Look at this. Comic Book Sales Figures for February 2013

A major X-book at #41 ? Pathetic. Scrap the whole thing. Start over.

It's a fun book for kids who grew up watching that wolverine and the xmen cartoon. It isn't a serious comic at ALL. It's damn near a garfield comic.
Yeah and that cheapens the X-Men brand because it was initially marketed as one of two flagship X-books along with UXM. Gillen's X-Men was straight shytting on it. Even Bendis' shyt is better.

Jason Aaron should've never been given a project of this type and magnitude. His Wolverine was good, so was his Ghost Rider. He excels at zany, comical, uber-violent horror-type stories about violent loners like Wolverine and Ghost Rider fukking people up. He can't write a team book apparently...though the concept of Wolverine running a school for mutants is so dumb I don't know if any writer could pull it off.

And some of these characters he's coming up with...Shark Girl? Eyeboy? Are we serious here?

Wolverine and the X-Men is a good title...it's just that this curent storyline with Logans brother is trash

The whole book is trash bruh. It had a spark when it started...you know the rest.

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps
I didn't think the first GOTG was that bad. This could be the type of book Bendis could pull off. No way he's fukking with DnA's epic run though. And Iron Man being on the team is fukking stupid.

I miss DnA's work on the cosmic books. Them two nerds were the truth. Everything they touched was ill. They should've never had the reigns taken from them.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY was disappointing.
All of the characters are now just stock Bendis characters who all act/speak in the same voice with nothing to differentiate them. Most of them have had their entire personalities changed...the only reason Groot works is because all he says is "I am Groot!".
And that throwaway line about how Star-Lord got out of the Cancerverse bothered me but the worst piece of dialogue in the whole book was this exchange between Star-Lord and Iron Man:
W7MBfr1.jpg

Star-Lord: Tony Stark, What are you doing out here all by yourself?
Iron Man: You invited me.
Star-Lord: Oh yeah. I did.
:rudy:

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY was disappointing.
All of the characters are now just stock Bendis characters who all act/speak in the same voice with nothing to differentiate them. Most of them have had their entire personalities changed...the only reason Groot works is because all he says is "I am Groot!".
And that throwaway line about how Star-Lord got out of the Cancerverse bothered me but the worst piece of dialogue in the whole book was this exchange between Star-Lord and Iron Man:
W7MBfr1.jpg

:rudy:
That exchange was horrible when did he invite him ?
I liked the art lol after that ... He got rocket acting like avengers Spider-Man , drax apparently is the new wolverine type caring badass , and how exactly did starlord escape from the cancerverse ??? And he left nova :birdman: Richard Ryder saved the universe :to: and why the hell did he turn into a Alex summers lookalike ??i liked him as the black haired Pete wisdom cynical type

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I didn't think the first GOTG was that bad. This could be the type of book Bendis could pull off. No way he's fukking with DnA's epic run though. And Iron Man being on the team is fukking stupid.

I miss DnA's work on the cosmic books. Them two nerds were the truth. Everything they touched was ill. They should've never had the reigns taken from them.

I think bendis will make it a popular accessible book like the avengers where he writes the characters however he wants . It just won't be as good as it was with DNA

iLLusoYuN_Da_Adidas_King

Psn illusoyun
Daps
Reppin
Miami Beach
Why do u guys hate Bendis so much lol he's my favorite writer

There is NO reason why this guy should be writing 6 books at once. I don' even think its physically possible he must have a pool of writers and they use his name as a selling point. It's ridiculous now no one is that creative. There isn't enough time in the day.

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
There is NO reason why this guy should be writing 6 books at once. I don' even think its physically possible he must have a pool of writers and they use his name as a selling point. It's ridiculous now no one is that creative. There isn't enough time in the day.

Lol I often wonder how he does it too cuz Ultron seems too wack to be a Bendis book

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps
Why do u guys hate Bendis so much lol he's my favorite writer

I don't hate him. I just don't think he's Marvel's best writer or in the elite tier of Marvel writers, but he's been forced down our throats so much for like the past decade. He's not better than Hickman, Gillen, Waid, Remender, Brubaker, DnA, or David. You get tired of it. Dude's been on Avengers and New Avengers for like 10 years and wrote almost every major event. And just when you think they're finally making him take a bit of a backseat, they put him on two major X-books, GOTG, and Age of Ultron

I agree that AU has been a big disappointment so far, and I don't like it because I've always been a big Ultron fan and I think he's one of the GOAT villains. This was a shot to really elevate him to the status he deserves, and Bendis is fukking it up. I'm sure Hickman or Remender could write an Ultron event that is :ooh: :whoo: ::ohlawd:

Imo, he has good big ideas, but he conceptualizes ideas a lot better than he executes them. And his dialogue is horrible. He uses cookie-cutter personalities for every character. He should have come up with general plots and have someone else do the script. Like on Uncanny X-Men right now, the book doesn't suck, but he has no feel for the characters. Cyclops doesn't talk or act like how he has him. He just imprints his cookie-cutter pattern characterizations on every book he's on.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
@23statcity

Yeah, I read it twice and I'm still confused. What does he mean by aliens are off limits to earth now? I just don't understand what the hell Starlord's father told him or why Iron Man is involved..

Inception had a clearer plot :merchant:

Last edited by a moderator: