Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Havok has always been sort of on that steez. He was the leader of X-Factor when they were a government team. I remember in that book they had protests calling him "uncle a-TOM-ic" and all this shyt :heh:

Anybody who has any real problem with what Remender had him say needs to seriously get a life.
Havok was a lame until mutant x then he :ohlawd:came up hard . He needs to go to a better costume though
Havok.jpg

:ehh: I'll give it a chance. His work on the 1st 3 issues of UXF has been surprisingly good despite the ragtag team they throw together out of nowhere.

His Hawkeye stanning is :gag: The first issue of AU, half of it was about Hawkeye being a bad ass.

I like hawkeye but he got me :beli: it's ridiculous

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
THANOS Rising #1 was interesting. It's weird to see dude wearing the same outfit :laugh: but I can deal with it. I saw people saying today that they didn't like how Thanos was portrayed here. I don't understand the criticism. He's always been super fukking intelligent and into science. I kind of liked Thanos as more of a mystery but as a story this is fine.. maybe not needed...but it's ok.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Yep...need to DL that real quick before I get on the move and shyt.

It was interesting to see Cardiac back in Superior Spider Man...didn't know if he was alive or dead. They prolonged the showdown till next issue. Alright. All New ended with some member jumping to Team Revolution in Canada...seems obvious it's Jean but it MIGHT be Warren. Jean makes the most impact though of course....

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps
UA is just Bendis just propping up all his pet characters again. Luke Cage, Hawkeye, Red Hulk, Black Widow, Moon Knight, Wolverine, Iron Man, Cap...this collection of characters he's using have nothing that ties them together other than they are Bendis pets. UA is just reminding everyone why Bendis' helming the Avengers lasted about 5 years too long.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
THANOS Rising #1 was interesting. It's weird to see dude wearing the same outfit :laugh: but I can deal with it. I saw people saying today that they didn't like how Thanos was portrayed here. I don't understand the criticism. He's always been super fukking intelligent and into science. I kind of liked Thanos as more of a mystery but as a story this is fine.. maybe not needed...but it's ok.

Jason Aaron showed that Thanos started his simping at a very early age.
And I know my issue with it was that he basically has created this new origin story of Thanos being manipulated into becoming the guy we know now when his original story was that he was so briliiant from jump that, combined with being shunned by the citizens of Titan and his momma, that he became coldly aloof (with a bit of cruelness thrown in) and constantly in search of knowledge which then transformed into a search for power. He murdered his own mother to and did science experiments on her so he could ffigure out how someone like him (who considered himself the living embodiment of death) could have even been born.
This book had him like some sad little deformed kid who would have become a do gooder if only his parents hugged him more and he was able to be popular in grade school.

UA is just Bendis just propping up all his pet characters again. Luke Cage, Hawkeye, Red Hulk, Black Widow, Moon Knight, Wolverine, Iron Man, Cap...this collection of characters he's using have nothing that ties them together other than they are Bendis pets. UA is just reminding everyone why Bendis' helming the Avengers lasted about 5 years too long.

It is just so terrible...its amazing how terrible it is actually.

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Bushed
Daps

Squirtle

Supreme Chancellor
Daps
Reppin
New York
Thanos Rising was cool, I bought it cause I know nothing about him, they went too far in making him seem like an innocent boy though. Detective Comics was fun to read 80 page anniversary issue. Does anybody care about Batwing? I'm excited, the new batwing is still black btw so thats good news and I remember reading that they said he's gonna be more apart of the DC Universe then just sticking to Africa. So it should get even better.