Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
@23statcity

Yeah, I read it twice and I'm still confused. What does he mean by aliens are off limits to earth now? I just don't understand what the hell Starlord's father told him or why Iron Man is involved..

Inception had a clearer plot :merchant:

I know . I mean there are aliens on earth right now :ufdup: I see the brood in the meeting and broo is on earth still in wolvy and the Xmen :deadrose: bendis is big on these plots that reveal themselves later except he's not very good at rolling them out . His execution needs more work And like the other poster said he can't be writing all these books if he does the guy never sleeps .
Ironman randomly showing up saying you invited me :scusthov:

Last edited by a moderator:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
News out of WonderCon is that there will be a new Avengers title spinning out of Age of Ultron called Avengers AI by Sam Humphries and Andre Araujo.

OBDYpbZ.jpg

“When one of the Marvel Universe’s preeminent brainiacs, Hank Pym, embarks on a long road to redemption, he must assemble a team unlike any other, a team composed of heroes that will challenge the very definition of ‘Artificial Intelligence’ and the way you look at super heroes.”- Axel Alonso.

A brave new world is unleashed and only one team of Earth’s Mightiest Heroes can save us from the future. Gathered together by Hank Pym, The Vision leads Victor Mancha, Doombot, and the mysterious Alexis in a race to contain an unfathomable Pandora’s Box of destruction! And which side will Monica Chang, Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D., find herself on?

No Jocasta? No Machine Man? What the fukk, Marvel? Well at least we know Hank Pym doesn't die but he gives up the costume yet again.

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
There is NO reason why this guy should be writing 6 books at once. I don' even think its physically possible he must have a pool of writers and they use his name as a selling point. It's ridiculous now no one is that creative. There isn't enough time in the day.

Lol I often wonder how he does it too cuz Ultron seems too wack to be a Bendis book

I was just made aware that Snyder wrote the outline during death of the family and someone else wrote the dialogue . Maybe that's what bendis does

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
News out of WonderCon is that there will be a new Avengers title spinning out of Age of Ultron called Avengers AI by Sam Humphries and Andre Araujo.

OBDYpbZ.jpg

No Jocasta? No Machine Man? What the fukk, Marvel? Well at least we know Hank Pym doesn't die but he gives up the costume yet again.

Redemption from ??? Last I read hank was redeeming himself with the academy and the team with hawkeye :merchant: is he trying redeem himself for creating ultron years ago ??? And the amount of avenger books is getting silly now

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Redemption from ??? Last I read hank was redeeming himself with the academy and the team with hawkeye :merchant: is he trying redeem himself for creating ultron years ago ??? And the amount of avenger books is getting silly now

Bendis hates Pym so I am sure he will come up with some new thing in this shytty miniseries that will make him have to seek redemption again.

Daps
Reppin
Latveria

OBDYpbZ.jpg

At least its $2.99

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
I don't hate him. I just don't think he's Marvel's best writer or in the elite tier of Marvel writers, but he's been forced down our throats so much for like the past decade. He's not better than Hickman, Gillen, Waid, Remender, Brubaker, DnA, or David. You get tired of it. Dude's been on Avengers and New Avengers for like 10 years and wrote almost every major event. And just when you think they're finally making him take a bit of a backseat, they put him on two major X-books, GOTG, and Age of Ultron

I agree that AU has been a big disappointment so far, and I don't like it because I've always been a big Ultron fan and I think he's one of the GOAT villains. This was a shot to really elevate him to the status he deserves, and Bendis is fukking it up. I'm sure Hickman or Remender could write an Ultron event that is :ooh: :whoo: ::ohlawd:

Imo, he has good big ideas, but he conceptualizes ideas a lot better than he executes them. And his dialogue is horrible. He uses cookie-cutter personalities for every character. He should have come up with general plots and have someone else do the script. Like on Uncanny X-Men right now, the book doesn't suck, but he has no feel for the characters. Cyclops doesn't talk or act like how he has him. He just imprints his cookie-cutter pattern characterizations on every book he's on.

I kinda agree they need to cut down the number of books he writes

no need for him to do GOTG

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps

OBDYpbZ.jpg

:ehh: I'll give it a chance. His work on the 1st 3 issues of UXF has been surprisingly good despite the ragtag team they throw together out of nowhere.

Yeah he shyts on pym and loves hawkeye ,par for the course for bendis and his ghostwriters

His Hawkeye stanning is :gag: The first issue of AU, half of it was about Hawkeye being a bad ass.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Yeah...Humphries has been pretty good on Uncanny X-Force. Reminds me...I need to read that before things get too crazy this weekend.

There's some hilarious backlash at CBR on the X-boards for Rick Remender the lastest issue of Uncanny Avengers #5 when he had Havok act like he was ashamed to be a mutant...minority debates and he's telling them to suck his dikk on Twitter:laugh: shyt is hilarious.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
SMH at Superior Spidey #6 . It's so damn good, this has to be Doc Ocks swan song. They're gonna to permanently off him.

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps
Yeah...Humphries has been pretty good on Uncanny X-Force. Reminds me...I need to read that before things get too crazy this weekend.

There's some hilarious backlash at CBR on the X-boards for Rick Remender the lastest issue of Uncanny Avengers #5 when he had Havok act like he was ashamed to be a mutant...minority debates and he's telling them to suck his dikk on Twitter:laugh: shyt is hilarious.

Havok has always been sort of on that steez. He was the leader of X-Factor when they were a government team. I remember in that book they had protests calling him "uncle a-TOM-ic" and all this shyt :heh:

Anybody who has any real problem with what Remender had him say needs to seriously get a life.