Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town

Cancelled after 8 issues, impressive. :ehh:

I had money it'd be cancelled after 4.5 issues.

Still, thanks for wasting our time on a book that did nothing for TChalla, didn't showcase any Wakandas still collecting dust on the shelf, and prioritized characters no one gave a fukk about

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Jean :wow:

Finally a book fully embraces that Jean and Logan are fukking :dead:

Is this the first time ever, canonically, that the "real" Logan and the "real" Jean have actually fukked?

For eternity it seemed the inside joke was to have Logan able to screw every girl but Scott's, because that was Scott's forever umad: shtick to Logan.

Logan basically done gathered all the infinity stones now :whoo:

... assuming Hickman doesn't have Moria erase this entire timeline at the conclusion of his run

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
FZfyspE.jpg

mFldxd6.jpg

7fBQ2el.jpg

Kamala got her own lil symbiote story.

:lupe:

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Did Covid slow down the excitement for Hickman's x-men run or were things losing steam before the hiatus? Or are you still as excited?

Is it too early to give it your mid season/quarterly grade?

Letter grade for each series and for the overall Hickman era to date

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Did Covid slow down the excitement for Hickman's x-men run or were things losing steam before the hiatus? Or are you still as excited?

I lost a lot of my interest in it because so many of the books that came out of House of X were meh.

I'd give the whole thing a C. It's just middle of the road as fukk with some interesting concepts sprinkled on top of it.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile

Covid slowed it down for sure because they were about to launch new titles and have an "event" (X of Swords). Also, with Empyre getting delayed, Hickman's main book got delayed the most as there are a couple of tie ins that had to wait for Empyre to begin to keep the Dawn of X story going.

I think it's way too early to judge the run as a whole but there were no doubt some books that weren't needed or that went too long. Overall, X-Men, X-Force and Marauders were the books that I give a damn. New Mutants had some moments but it lost me eventually. But overall, I'm all in on the story Hickman wants to tell.

Hellions looks like it will be interesting, issue #1 was dope. We'll see how it keeps going.

Also, there's clearly some continuity issues across all books that are head scratching. Specially the Kitty situation.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
I lost a lot of my interest in it because so many of the books that came out of House of X were meh.

I'd give the whole thing a C. It's just middle of the road as fukk with some interesting concepts sprinkled on top of it.
That's how i feel. Raw and Smackdown were must-see-tv (moreso Raw, iirc) and setup some great and intriguing conflicts with the greater MU.

However, the execution since has been kinda scatter-brained and lacking fluidity. The F4 aspect should've been a subplot continuing in the main book, with a more convincing catalyst for Franklin possibly switching sides than the all around character-induced-stupidity (approaching AvX levels) that they used to piecemail the miniseries. A mini that will be an after thought to what the F4 will be doing in Empyre now.

Not to mention, the political ramifications of Krakoa with Atlantis, Wakanda, USA (Squadron Supreme), and Russia (Winter Guard). And of course the Avengers. All these potentially cool interactions and reactions i thought we would see, that would make the MU seem more cohesive.. but it's all still segregated and scattered.

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan

Truthfully, I haven't liked much of any of Hickmen's X-Men run. I dropped all the X-books shortly after the House of X and Powers of X books ended. D-

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
That's how i feel. Raw and Smackdown were must-see-tv (moreso Raw, iirc) and setup some great and intriguing conflicts with the greater MU.

However, the execution since has been kinda scatter-brained and lacking fluidity. The F4 aspect should've been a subplot continuing in the main book, with a more convincing catalyst for Franklin possibly switching sides than the all around character-induced-stupidity (approaching AvX levels) that they used to piecemail the miniseries. A mini that will be an after thought to what the F4 will be doing in Empyre now.

Not to mention, the political ramifications of Krakoa with Atlantis, Wakanda, USA (Squadron Supreme), and Russia (Winter Guard). And of course the Avengers. All these potentially cool interactions and reactions i thought we would see, that would make the MU seem more cohesive.. but it's all still segregated and scattered.

I think you were expecting too much way too soon to be honest. Specially with a guy like Hickman that literally takes fukking years to pay things off. Which doesn't mean anyone should like it, but expecting different is bound to disappoint imo. Dawn of X basically stopped in month 6 of the run due to the pandemic:yeshrug:

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
I think you were expecting too much way too soon to be honest. Specially with a guy like Hickman that literally takes fukking years to pay things off. Which doesn't mean anyone should like it, but expecting different is bound to disappoint imo. Dawn of X basically stopped in month 6 of the run due to the pandemic:yeshrug:

Ironically, I think the F4 stuff happened too soon... and was something I expected to be a more well written slow grind by Hickman (in typical Hickman fashion), instead of delegated to someone else as a meh mini.

And I don't find seeing early diplomatic reactions/tensions depicted with Atlantis, Wakanda, Latveria, etc as being hurried or payoff.. esp since they already recognized that it happened, but did so offscreen in essay-fukkin-format :mjlol:

I'm well aware of HickMcmahon's MO, which is why I didn't even touch on the central plot with Moira or his fetish with alien alphabets and super saiyan blue albinos.

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%

This covid popped off and I forgot when new issues came out. so I'm behind :yeshrug:

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast

I cant wait for X Factor..i need to read the Sinister title..something is up with Apocalypse.

parallax

Superstar
Daps

Cancelled after 8 issues, impressive. :ehh:

I had money it'd be cancelled after 4.5 issues.

Still, thanks for wasting our time on a book that did nothing for TChalla, didn't showcase any Wakandas still collecting dust on the shelf, and prioritized characters no one gave a fukk about

they had a livewire crossover. a team i hadnt heard from in years. for what fukking purpose?