Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

KravenMorehead™

Barrel Brothers.®
Daps
Reppin
NoVA
GOD OF WAR Art Director Shares X-MEN Costume Redesigns Which Would Be Perfect For The MCU
X-Men Headlines Videos Wallpaper

GOD OF WAR Art Director Shares X-MEN Costume Redesigns Which Would Be Perfect For The MCU
God of War art director Raf Grassetti has shared his take on the X-Men, and the redesigned costumes definitely wouldn't look out of place when the iconic heroes are eventually rebooted for the MCU...
Josh Wilding | 7/7/2020 Filed Under: "X-Men"
176624.jpg

Raf Grassetti is best known for his work on the God of War video game series, but he's now shared his own unique take on the X-Men. He picked out Cyclops, Colossus, and Nightcrawler to overhaul - three characters who we've seen both in Fox's X-Men and Deadpool franchises.

However, none of those appearances have been overly comic book accurate, though Deadpool did a pretty great job with Piotr Rasputin. Grassetti's modern take on their costumes definitely wouldn't look out of place in the Marvel Cinematic Universe when the characters are eventually rebooted by Marvel Studios, and we can only hope they end up looking this good.

Grassetti was a longtime art director for the God of War franchise, and he's made headlines a lot over the past few years for his take on a vast array of comic book characters.

Kevin Feige, if you're reading this, it might be time to consider giving him a job...

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
Finished that issue of DareDevil where Matt was at the diner with Det.Cole North.
This is such a dope ass run!

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
I like Al Ewing but Civil War...IN SPACE doesn't sound compelling at first glance :patrice:

I read the Avengers #0 tie-in preview and it was fine.

shyt's weird how they're dumping all this old continuity on the fans, after blatantly dodging old/obscure continuity for what felt like ages and ages.

Not that I'm complaining. Hopefully this will make up for Celestial Quest.

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I came here to say "for fukk's sake, just put Beast back in Avengers, and bring in Wonder Man :francis:"

or... hell, just give them a book where they start their own team.

I'd start it off with hank leaving Krakoa and feeling that despite being a genius he's a horrible fukk up. That's a real thing, by the way. "Geniuses" start believing their own hype early. They're smart, they can solve anything. You watch all the smart people being rich. Folks you're surrounded by expect you to get rich and cure cancer (for their own benefit and because of their own insecurities) cause you're smart. Never mind that most million/billionaires are high school/college dropouts, entertainers, sports stars or they inherited their start up.

So they don't get much by way of help or support. Everyone just sits back, watches and waits for your come up. There's a whole lot of "you're so smart! :gladbron:" though. Meanwhile, you're just wishing they'd include you in the support system. They just want you to figure out world hunger so they acn mooch off you when you get rich.

So when you start failing, you take it hard. "But but I'm a GENIUS!!!! Surely I'm smart enough to figure this out!!!! :sadcam:"

Everybody starts living normal lives thanks to their support systems, they start looking at you like "I thought you were smarter than this. :scust:"

but enough about my life.

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Anyway, Simon finds hank somewhere moping, they start a group.

Get Hank away from mutants. He's been a huge fukk up since the Legacy Virus was a thing and he was begging villains like ":sadcam: Please, help us"

Villains: I thought you were smarter than that. :scust:

I'm thinking the first thing they do is fix Hank Pym. There, you got two Hanks trying to outdo Reed Richards and each other, with Simon's optimism egging them on.

From there, they'd go and find all the X-Men/Avengers "fukk ups" so they'd have a place to be. Folks like Demolition Man, those kids from Avengers Academy (yes I'd prolly set up a triangle between Hank, Hank and Tigra but fukk the world), Hellcat, and mutants who aren't on Krakoa for whatever reason

and yeah it would tie into my last idea where Cable and other mutants arent on Krakoa.

And yes, Marvel. You can steal this idea.

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the most powerful earth born people on earth at any given time should be (barring obscure folks and mutants with temporary power ups)

The Hulk
Doctor Strange (depending on which mystical deity he's pissed off)
Blue Marvel/Adam Brashear
The Sentry
Wonder Man/Simon Williams
Magneto

agree/disagree

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
the most powerful earth born people on earth at any given time should be (barring obscure folks and mutants with temporary power ups)

The Hulk
The Sentry
Magneto

agree/disagree

:ehh:

I be forgetting about Wonder Man. Feels like he's just largely ignored the last 15 years, or at least from mainstream avenger books and events.

The other names i agree with. I guess Photon/Spectrum counts in the temporary power-up category? She had a hot... 6 years? From when Ewing started Mighty Avengers... through Ultimates... and until he kinda/sorta depowered her in No Road Home? A planet buster who was light speed/FTL and could instant kill anyone not named Thanos by entering their brain through their eye socket.

At her peak, she seemed kinda "Flash" like but if Flash were a D-list character not allowed to do anything to move the plot along

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I came here to say "for fukk's sake, just put Beast back in Avengers, and bring in Wonder Man :francis:"

or... hell, just give them a book where they start their own team.

I'd start it off with hank leaving Krakoa and feeling that despite being a genius he's a horrible fukk up. That's a real thing, by the way. "Geniuses" start believing their own hype early. They're smart, they can solve anything. You watch all the smart people being rich. Folks you're surrounded by expect you to get rich and cure cancer (for their own benefit and because of their own insecurities) cause you're smart. Never mind that most million/billionaires are high school/college dropouts, entertainers, sports stars or they inherited their start up.

So they don't get much by way of help or support. Everyone just sits back, watches and waits for your come up. There's a whole lot of "you're so smart! :gladbron:" though. Meanwhile, you're just wishing they'd include you in the support system. They just want you to figure out world hunger so they acn mooch off you when you get rich.

So when you start failing, you take it hard. "But but I'm a GENIUS!!!! Surely I'm smart enough to figure this out!!!! :sadcam:"

Everybody starts living normal lives thanks to their support systems, they start looking at you like "I thought you were smarter than this. :scust:"

but enough about my life.

Anyway, Simon finds hank somewhere moping, they start a group.

Get Hank away from mutants. He's been a huge fukk up since the Legacy Virus was a thing and he was begging villains like ":sadcam: Please, help us"

Villains: I thought you were smarter than that. :scust:

I'm thinking the first thing they do is fix Hank Pym. There, you got two Hanks trying to outdo Reed Richards and each other, with Simon's optimism egging them on.

From there, they'd go and find all the X-Men/Avengers "fukk ups" so they'd have a place to be. Folks like Demolition Man, those kids from Avengers Academy (yes I'd prolly set up a triangle between Hank, Hank and Tigra but fukk the world), Hellcat, and mutants who aren't on Krakoa for whatever reason

and yeah it would tie into my last idea where Cable and other mutants arent on Krakoa.

And yes, Marvel. You can steal this idea.

I've been advocating for Beast to leave the X-Men and never looks since forever. The character has never been treated well in the X-books and even worse has been written as an entirely different character than what he had been for the majority of his existence (which was outside of the X-Men world). So an Avengers books with folks who've had issues/are looking for redemption/a fresh start would be cool. My roster would be:

Beast
Wonder Man
Moondragon
Quicksilver
Rage
Hank Pym
Dazzler
Machine Man
Hazmat
Monica Rambeau

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You

The Hulk
The Sentry
Magneto

agree/disagree
I would add Monica Rambeau/Spectrum/Photon/Pulsar/Whatever the hell her current super-hero name is to that list.

parallax

Superstar
Daps
I've been advocating for Beast to leave the X-Men and never looks since forever. The character has never been treated well in the X-books and even worse has been written as an entirely different character than what he had been for the majority of his existence (which was outside of the X-Men world). So an Avengers books with folks who've had issues/are looking for redemption/a fresh start would be cool. My roster would be:

Beast
Wonder Man
Moondragon
Quicksilver
Rage
Hank Pym
Dazzler
Machine Man
Hazmat
Monica Rambeau

ive wanted a redemption team book from marvel for a while based around pym and a team suitable(which always seems to include black bolt in my mind). but marvel seems to think that shytting on pym is the best way to go