Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
:ehh:

I be forgetting about Wonder Man. Feels like he's just largely ignored the last 15 years, or at least from mainstream avenger books and events.

The other names i agree with. I guess Photon/Spectrum counts in the temporary power-up category? She had a hot... 6 years? From when Ewing started Mighty Avengers... through Ultimates... and until he kinda/sorta depowered her in No Road Home? A planet buster who was light speed/FTL and could instant kill anyone not named Thanos by entering their brain through their eye socket.

At her peak, she seemed kinda "Flash" like but if Flash were a D-list character not allowed to do anything to move the plot along
I would add Monica Rambeau/Spectrum/Photon/Pulsar/Whatever the hell her current super-hero name is to that list.

I had Monica on the list, but she got edged out by Magneto. Shoulda added her anyway.

I've been advocating for Beast to leave the X-Men and never looks since forever. The character has never been treated well in the X-books and even worse has been written as an entirely different character than what he had been for the majority of his existence (which was outside of the X-Men world). So an Avengers books with folks who've had issues/are looking for redemption/a fresh start would be cool. My roster would be:

Beast
Wonder Man
Moondragon
Quicksilver
Rage
Hank Pym
Dazzler
Machine Man
Hazmat
Monica Rambeau

:ooh::banderas: breh. what do we call this team?

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I had Monica on the list, but she got edged out by Magneto. Shoulda added her anyway.

:ooh::banderas: breh. what do we call this team?
They could be THE DEFENDERS...Hank McCoy has as much right to the name as anyone considering he was a member for a while and was the first guy to successfully turn it into an actual team instead of a "non-team".

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
They could be THE DEFENDERS...Hank McCoy has as much right to the name as anyone considering he was a member for a while and was the first guy to successfully turn it into an actual team instead of a "non-team".

tumblr_n6zdmspPiE1skh0gdo1_400.gif

we fukkin brilliant, breh

I'd start off with four issues. One where Simon finds hank moping, one with them finding hank pym, two with them "saving" hank pym and going "so, uhh... what do we do now?"

then I'd do a solid 6-12 months of other heroes/teams getting distress calls and showing up to find saved folks, beat up bad guys and civilians going "Sorry, The Defenders took care of it. They just left. :yeshrug:"

Cap: "The.... who!? :why:"

*Big words on the ground under the Wrecking Crew says "HANKS WAS HERE"*

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Beast needing to demand a midseason trade to the Avengers has been a theme every year here for the past... 6 years? 8 years? Sohh days?

The one time he negotiated a buyout and signed a 1 year deal with the Inhumans, the fanbase were burning jerseys and sending him death threats on social media :francis:

I hope yall didn't fall into that category :francis:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
that combustible engine of fukkery....

you got Dazzler, who been multiverse hopping, Moondragon, Machine Man, and Quicksliver on the same team!?

QONVIyz.gif

@Jello Biafra I'm bout to +rep you.
And aside from Machine Man (who I just like a lot) they all have past relationships with Beast.
He and Dazzler actually were romantically involved briefly.

teacher

All Star
Daps
the most powerful earth born people on earth at any given time should be (barring obscure folks and mutants with temporary power ups)

The Hulk
Doctor Strange (depending on which mystical deity he's pissed off)
Blue Marvel/Adam Brashear
The Sentry
Wonder Man/Simon Williams
Magneto

agree/disagree

hyperion isn’t earth born?

mans where’s t’challa? :beli:

/w infinity gauntlet and bast by his side :troll:

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
I can't remember if I read the last issue before this week's but X-Force #10 was pretty cool :ehh:

Beast is pathetic :scust:

Kid Omega keeps getting killed every damn mission :russ: Loved the art of Terra Verde fukking him up though, shyt was demonic and beautiful :picard:

Jean :wow:

Finally a book fully embraces that Jean and Logan are fukking :dead:

Fantastic Four Empyre #0 had some good moments. Specially Valeria and Franklin :heh: