Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Saint1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CA
anyone subscribe to Marvel Unlimited?

I want to know how far back and how many different series I can read if I were to subscribe.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Can someone explain to me the cyborg Thor in the Civil War arc? How did it come to be? What happened to Thor? and when did he return

Iron Man and Reed Richards created a fake Thor that hated black people.
Hk7NQM0.png

God, CIVIL WAR was such a shytty mini-series...Mark Millar was at his hackey worst with that one.

Jack Martinez

Rookie
Daps
Batman Incorporated come out today.

Them previews got The Heretic talkin' greasy to Batman saying "Yeah nikka

I killed ya son, WITH THIS SWORD, this his blood on my sword, you flabby n

sick, now i'ma kill YOU!" Batman grabs his sword BREAKS IT WITH HIS

BAREFEET and punches tha shyt outta The Heretic. :steviej:

Jack Martinez

Rookie
Daps
One interesting point is how Dr. Octopus was amazed at Peter's/Spider-Man's

TRUE strength and how Spidey was holding back seriously fukkin' villains up.

Squirtle

Supreme Chancellor
Daps
Reppin
New York
Just finished reading Secret Invasion thanks to @R=G, that story was pure piff, never realized Norman Osbourne was a Lex Luthor type character. What happens after Secret war with Norman Osbourne and Dr. Doom and all the others? Was that a female Loki?

Last edited by a moderator:

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Just finished reading Secret Invasion thanks to @R=G, that story was pure piff, never realized Norman Osbourne was a Lex Luthor type character. What happens after Secret war with Norman Osbourne and Dr. Doom and all the others? Was that a female Loki?

I think Dark Reign (Norman Osborn becoming the "top cop" of the Marvel super-powered communtiy) was after Secret War and then Siege (Asgard ends up in a cornfield in Kansas and Norman goes balls out to destroy it; Loki is up to shenanigans too) followed that one.

Anyone read Superman #18 ? shyt was hilarious with Superman telling the U.S. Senate to kick rocks when they were demanding Supes allow them to send weapons inspectors into the Fortress of Solitude.

Last edited by a moderator:

Squirtle

Supreme Chancellor
Daps
Reppin
New York
I think Dark Reign (Norman Osborn becoming the "top cop" of the Marvel super-powered communtiy) was after Secret War and then Siege (Asgard ends up in a cornfield in Kansas and Norman goes balls out to destroy it; Loki is up to shenanigans too) followed that one.

Anyone read Superman #18 ? shyt was hilarious with Superman telling the U.S. Senate to kick rocks when they were demanding Supes allow them to send weapons inspectors into the Fortress of Solitude.

I just left my book store they were sold out of Aquaman and I dropped superman after last issue. Don't tell me this issue was actually good. I lost faith in that book.
I picked up age of ultron #3 because I didn't want to have gone their for nothing but man this shyt is trash. Each issue is like an episode of dragon ball z just crappy filler smh I don't even understand the ending

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I just left my book store they were sold out of Aquaman and I dropped superman after last issue. Don't tell me this issue was actually good. I lost faith in that book.
I picked up age of ultron #3 because I didn't want to have gone their for nothing but man this shyt is trash. Each issue is like an episode of dragon ball z just crappy filler smh I don't even understand the ending

Aquaman was good, I have been wanting them to show Mera more and its looking like she will be getting more focus in upcoming issues.

Superman was cool...it was mostly a jumping on issue so if you haven't been reading it you can get a good idea of just what is going on with Superman/Clark kent in the New 52 universe.
phcBNsr.jpg

it8mo07.jpg

LNod5za.jpg

Age of Ultron was just terrible. I don't know what was more annoying, the shytty dialogue:
age-of-ultron03.jpg
Bendis taking yet another chance to piss on Hank Pym and using his own personal Mary Sue in Hawkeye to do it. I realize I didn't begin to dislike this character so much until Bendis started writing him:
age-of-ultron04.jpg
The most ignominious death for a fan favorite character I have ever seen:
age-of-ultron05.jpg
Or that bullshyt ass ending that I am assuming was supposed to be a jaw dropper:
age-of-ultron01.jpg

age-of-ultron02.jpg

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Yeah he always comes back because he's already dead but that was the intent to end the book on though. To sell that that notion.