Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
Neil Gaiman writing some new Endless books would get me excited...Neil Gaiman co-writing some obscure 90s character from a book I never liked anyway with Brian Michael Bendis of all people just sounds like an uninteresting clusterfukk of epic proportions to me.

I'm not excited at all, breh. It all seems so random....

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Oh and this just reminds me, what the fukk is going on with Marvelman/MiracleMan?

Doesn't Todd Mcfarlane still own some portion of the character? That is why after Marvel announced they had acquired the rights to him in 2009 they had to put the brakes on their big plans to start releasing comics with the character in it.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Doesn't Todd Mcfarlane still own some portion of the character? That is why after Marvel announced they had acquired the rights to him in 2009 they had to put the brakes on their big plans to start releasing comics with the character in it.

They had already released some reprints if I recall.

I swear Todd McFarlane should be shot. He's contributed jack shyt to the media, stays stealing shyt from people, and is one of the biggest whores I've ever seen.

That whole thing should be cleared up soon though. McFarlane don't want it with Mickey Mouse.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You

I swear Todd McFarlane should be shot. He's contributed jack shyt to the media, stays stealing shyt from people, and is one of the biggest whores I've ever seen.

That whole thing should be cleared up soon though. McFarlane don't want it with Mickey Mouse.

Well he still co-owns the Angela character with Gaiman where the deal is that either guy can use the character as long as the other guy signs off and gets a check. So the House of Mouse will be mailing checks to Todd for as long as they use this character.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
DC Planning to Kill Off Green Lantern John Stewart?
Yesterday, Bleeding Cool ran the news that Joshua Hale Fialkov was walking off his two Green Lantern books before a single issue had been published. It was soon confirmed by Fialkov and DC Comics representatives. What wasn’t addressed is exactly why.

Fialkov did post:

There were editorial decisions about the direction of the book that conflicted with the story I was hired to tell, and I felt that it was better to let DC tell their story the way they want. I’m grateful for the opportunity and I’ll miss working with the entire Green Lantern team.This was not an easy decision to make emotionally or financially, but, I’m sure it was the right decision for both me, and for the Green Lantern books. The outpouring of support, your kind words and well wishes means so much to me and my family.

I understand that both the editorial input for both Fialkov’s books, and fellow walker-outer Andy Diggle‘s Action Comics, were in direct contradiction of the promises made at the DC Creative Summit by Dan DiDio, backed by Diane Nelson, that once an overview of an arc had been greenlit by editorial, it wouldn’t be changed by editorial. One creator told me that the promised lasted four days.

But for Fialkov it seemed it wasn’t so much that there were editorial changed, but what they meant.

I have been told by a number of high profile industry sources that Fialkov was asked change his upcoming story to instead kill off Green Lantern John Stewart, DC Comics’ most prominent black character. And that is why he quit.

Created by Dennis O’Neil and Neal Adams in 1971, he was the lead character in the Green Lantern book for much of the eighties, and was the Green Lantern in the Justice League and Justice League Unlimited animated series. Such was the popularity of that incarnation that when Ryan Reynolds was announced as the star of the Green Lantern movie, much of the online response was outraged that he was being played by a white actor.

Since the DC Relaunch, the comics line has increased the amount of prominent black characters in the line, from Static to Batwing to Voodoo to Mister Terrific, as well as Cyborg joining the Justice League. And for those whose books were cancelled, the characters have remained players in other titles. But John Stewart has remained the one with the highest profile, shared the lead with Guy Gardner in Green Lantern Corps, and it’s there that this story was planned to play out.

Josh’s departure from the books doesn’t mean that the story is dead of course. Indeed, I understand that this is the story the new guys will be writing. And it’s John Stewart they will be killing off.
Unless of course, the internet can get them to change their minds.

Come on internet. You know what to do next.

:pacspit:
Its time for DC to fire Didio and hire someone else to be in charge of their comics division.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The character has pretty much been dead since they brought Hal back anyway.

John Stewart got completely and utterly fukked over once Hal came back. Every other Green Lantern (from earth) has either headlined a book or had a book of their own, EXCEPT John Stewart.

They've been doing the same fukking story with John Stewart for nearly a decade...John broods about Xanshi, kills someone, broods about that, pisses off other Lanterns, has a neat feat of power, chills in the background.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I hope this story spreads and more more people find out about. DC (under Didio) has a HORRIBLE track record with their black character (and writers for that matter).

I'm convinced they actively sabotage shyt just to say that they tried but it failed because nobody supported it.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Valiant Comics is bringing back QUANTUM & WOODY!
59An0xk.jpg

For those not in the know...HERE is some info about the book.

This book was great mostly because of the writing of Christopher Priest so I am hoping they have gotten him and artist Mark Bright back together for this relaunch.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Valiant Comics is bringing back QUANTUM & WOODY!
59An0xk.jpg

For those not in the know...HERE is some info about the book.

This book was great mostly because of the writing of Christopher Priest so I am hoping they have gotten him and artist Mark Bright back together for this relaunch.

:ohhh:

JD_Turk.gif

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
I remember Rob Liefield quit like a monther after New 52 launched and went on a tiraded shytting on the editors even though they were doing monster numbers around that time.

Bud Bundy

A Bundy never cares
Daps

:dead:

yeah his stories were ass but he could draw like a motherfukker.

Bud Bundy

A Bundy never cares
Daps
I hope this story spreads and more more people find out about. DC (under Didio) has a HORRIBLE track record with their black character (and writers for that matter).

I'm convinced they actively sabotage shyt just to say that they tried but it failed because nobody supported it.

That Mr. Terrific comic should have been better then it was.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
That Mr. Terrific comic should have been better then it was.

Everything about that book was just so flawed. Mr. Terrific should have been like a solo DC version of Mr. Fantastic with better social skills and more game with women.
At least he will be making an impact in World's Finest and Earth 2.

-------------------------------------------------------
And it is going down in Superior Spider-Man#8
oSXphDq.jpg