Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps
Lol@Magneto being the statue of liberty in that other Earth. New Avengers and Avengers were both crack this week.

The Cable and X-Force this week was a drastic improvement over all the previous issues which were all pretty meh to me. This one caught my attention. Anybody know who the fukk that 6 armed alien looking thing Boom Boom was trying to rescue from the Raft was?

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
I couldn't believe the number of books I read that came out today. Havent even seriously read half of them.

I'm the only person in the universe that has New X-Men in my top whatever. I love this book.

X-Termination... you really think all of the books and storylines are going to lead into one HUGE one like DC did with Identity Crisis/All Their Books/52/Infinite Crisis/Their major books/Final Crisis?

Skimmed through Hulk. Meh. Atlantis stories in Marvel are always boring.

Avengers was great. NEW Avengers was crack. I loved the reference to Hickmans FF story in NA (sol's hammer). And Strange's fretting with Wong. Was that Shuma Gorath? The squid on the planet reminded me of
mvc3-shuma-gorath-s-throw.html

I... need to reread regular Avengers.

Captain America would be better without generic alien clone thingies.

Maybe you guys are right. Maybe all of his marvel shyt IS leading to "How The World Ends". I can see how all these little threads in Marvel (Avengers, New Avengers, Secret Avengers, the multiverse/bleed reference in Xtermination or whatever, the 05 Xmen being stuck in the present (means the timeline has already been altered but hasn't changed), Cap and the IG, the missing Time Gem, Cap being stuck for YEARS in that alt world right now....

eh, Im not getting my hopes up.

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cable and X-Force this week was a drastic improvement over all the previous issues which were all pretty meh to me. This one caught my attention. Anybody know who the fukk that 6 armed alien looking thing Boom Boom was trying to rescue from the Raft was?

okay so I WASNT the only one who noticed. This issue, while far from being great, made me feel good that I stuck through the shytty issues before.

That alien, I have no idea. At first I thought it could have been Blaquesmith from Cable's series'. but too alien.

And generically alien at that. So I dunno.

Da Rhythm Rebel

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Strong Island
okay so I WASNT the only one who noticed. This issue, while far from being great, made me feel good that I stuck through the shytty issues before.

That alien, I have no idea. At first I thought it could have been Blaquesmith from Cable's series'. but too alien.

And generically alien at that. So I dunno.

I thought it might have been Blaquesmith too, but then i realized he had too many arms (whoever that is locked up)

definitely agree about Cable & Xforce being an improvement. I think it was #2 where they showed in the shadows the main villain, which I have an idea who it might be, but have not gone back to show or reference whoever that was since...frustrating.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
He's been that bad? I haven't read anything from the dolt since New X-Men.

I enjoyed the early issues of Action where he was showing young Superman when he first arrived in Metropolis. Not too impressed by the stories set in the current continuity though. His Batman Inc. was good though.

What the fukk is going on over at DC? Andy Diggle was announced as Morrison`s replacement on Action and now he is leaving before his run started. The new writer for Green Lantern Corps and Red Lanterns are doing the same. They are all citing Professional reason.

Damn and I was looking forward to Diggle on Action

The NEw 52 has had editor interference since day one.

I'm really puzzled with Wolverine and the X-Men though. Why is Logans brother here again? The better question is..who the fukk IS this cat and why should I care???

I don't give a fukk about Wolverine's brother and his being a redneck bootleg Kang doesn't make me want to care either. Honestly Jason Aaron has ruined what started out as a pretty decent read.

It's the editors.

Even before the new 52 Launch they were getting a rep for not allowing creators to create.

Since the New 52 they've taken that stupid standpoint that the artists should be co-plotters for most of the books. Then you got the blatant cronyism where guys like Scott Lobell and Rob Liefeld being given a bunch of work early on. Them baiting and switching by announcing certain creative teams only for the books to launch with a different writer or artist.

What is crazy is that certain books seem to be getting a hands off approach (Swamp Thing, Animal Man, Batwoman, Wonder Woman) while other books are seemingly being heavily interfered with. You would think that DC would feel some urgency to have top flight creators in place on the Superman books because of the movie coming out but from all reports their is a case of "head stuck up ass" syndrome ove there at the editor level.

yeah Justice League fell off with the artist change...once Jim Lee left its been musical chairs and the newest issue that came out today was complete ass
the art was the type of shyt you would see thats free in box of cereal not on their flagship book

I have been enjoying Justice League but it has been pretty uneven for the most part.
I have liked the recent issues...the Atlantis story was entertaining and I have always liked Justice League membership drives.
Also Jesus Saiz is a cool artist; his action scenes are a bit stiff but I wouldn't classify his stuff as being on par with the rushed art on those free comics.

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Spawn's ANGELA Moves to Marvel Universe in AGE OF ULTRON

Newsarama.com : Spawn's ANGELA Moves to Marvel Universe in AGE OF ULTRON

It started in Spawn when Neil Gaiman co-created a character named Angela. The aptly-named angel became hotly contested, as Gaiman and Spawn creator Todd McFarlane fought in a decade-spanning legal battle over who owned the copyright to Angela (as well as other character co-created during Gaiman's time on the book), which ended in 2012.

So now, Angela is coming to the Marvel Universe as a special guest star in the mega-event Age of Ultron.

First teased (quite cleverly) by Rich Johnston on BleedingCool, Marvel released the news officially via the New York Times Arts Beat blog Thursday morning. In the announcement, Marvel Entertainment chief creative officer Joe Quesada said Angela's arrival at Marvel has "been in the works for quite some time. We were looking for a good entry point to tease our fans and to let them know she was going to be a major player."

The exact timing of her arrival wasn't revealed, though it appears it will be at the end of the series, with editor-in-chief Axel Alonso likening her appearance to the post-credits scenes at the end of Marvel Studios films.

The character won't just pop into Age of Ultron and disappear, however, with Marvel promising Bendis will continue to use her, even revealing her next appearance, in the Bendis-written Guardians of the Galaxy #5. That issue will be co-written by Gaiman.

More on Angela and her role in the Marvel Universe soon.

:whoa::mindblown::merchant::gladbron::ohhh::damn: :mindblown:

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
:birdman:
I don't think it is humanly possible for me to give any less fukks about this news.

Breh... an obscure character from the 90s that EVEN I don't give a fukk about...

is gonna RANDOMLY show up at the end of Marvel's newest "Event"....

Because Neil Gaiman won her....

and will be co-writing her.... in a-

NEIL GAIMAN is co-writing an issue of.... of fukking Guardians of the Galaxy!?

none of this shyt makes any sense! I'm confused as hell right now.... I need a drink.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Breh... an obscure character from the 90s that EVEN I don't give a fukk about...

is gonna RANDOMLY show up at the end of Marvel's newest "Event"....

Because Neil Gaiman won her....

and will be co-writing her.... in a-

NEIL GAIMAN is co-writing an issue of.... of fukking Guardians of the Galaxy!?

none of this shyt makes any sense! I'm confused as hell right now.... I need a drink.

Neil Gaiman writing some new Endless books would get me excited...Neil Gaiman co-writing some obscure 90s character from a book I never liked anyway with Brian Michael Bendis of all people just sounds like an uninteresting clusterfukk of epic proportions to me.