Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
"Dude Mastermind"?

fukk you Bendis. I swear I'd actually enjoy his X-Men work a good bit more of not for stupid shyt like that. He has no fukking respect for most characters voices. The only characters he's able to write properly seem to be the teenagers, Kitty, and Beast.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
brehs...Avengers and New Avengers this week are :ohlawd:

I don't know if it was intentional but the Avengers came across as MUCH bigger a$$holes today than the Illuminati did.

They just ran up on ole boy (who clearly didn't know what was going on) and tried to take him down.

The illuminati on the other hand had an easy out but still put up a fight to save lives.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
brehs...Avengers and New Avengers this week are :ohlawd:

There are cool character moments in New Avengers but as a whole the story has been pretty underwhelming just because I don't really give two shyts about that other universe or Black Swan or any of that bullshyt.

And I have been underwhelmed by Avengers from the jump...maybe I will like it more when I can read this entire arc in one sitting as part of a trade or something.

"Dude Mastermind"?

fukk you Bendis. I swear I'd actually enjoy his X-Men work a good bit more of not for stupid shyt like that. He has no fukking respect for most characters voices. The only characters he's able to write properly seem to be the teenagers, Kitty, and Beast.

Bendis did the same thing with his Avengers run...everyone spoke with one voice and no one seemed in character. He is just continuing it with X-Men.

I don't know if it was intentional but the Avengers came across as MUCH bigger a$$holes today than the Illuminati did.

They just ran up on ole boy (who clearly didn't know what was going on) and tried to take him down.

The illuminati on the other hand had an easy out but still put up a fight to save lives.

I am trying to figure out why the Illuminati are bothering to stop Galactus...wasn't their whole issue with Captain America that he couldn't make the hard decisions like sacrificing the other Earth yet they are going to waste time fighting Terrax and trying to stop Galactus from eating that other Earth for what reason exactly?

And I get why the Avengers tried to subdue the new Starbrand but they all seemed like dikks while doing it especially Thor who was acting like he was fighting Loki or something.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Bendis did the same thing with his Avengers run...everyone spoke with one voice and no one seemed in character. He is just continuing it with X-Men.

At the start of his Avengers run he was at least trying to get certain characters voices down (Cap, Iron Man) but as it went on it progressively got worse till when they relaunched Avengers he just gave no fukks and everybody (even Thor) sounded like Kitty Pride.

I am trying to figure out why the Illuminati are bothering to stop Galactus...wasn't their whole issue with Captain America that he couldn't make the hard decisions like sacrificing the other Earth yet they are going to waste time fighting Terrax and trying to stop Galactus from eating that other Earth for what reason exactly?

Well they weren't trying to stop Galactus from destroying that earth, they're just trying to save the people on that earth before Galactus destroys it. Still doesn't make much sense in the grand scheme of things though. I'm also wondering how they're gonna keep it all covered up since it happened in suc ha large populated area.

Also other than Talking shyt what exactly is Namor contributing to any of this?

And I get why the Avengers tried to subdue the new Starbrand but they all seemed like dikks while doing it especially Thor who was acting like he was fighting Loki or something.

They wouldn't of had to subdue him really if Hulk hadn't attacked the kid. He freaked out but they just escalated things by attacking him. Nova, Thor, and Hulk just seemed deadset on hitting somebody.

It's like nobody though to just tell the kid that they needed him to stay calm and come with them? They waited until AFTER they started attacking him to ask him to submit.

Da Rhythm Rebel

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Strong Island

Keep in mind they live in a world where the Stanford, CT incident is still fresh to the public at large (someone with super powers killing thousands of innocents)

The Avengers would have no way of knowing if this kid is good, bad or whatever; they had to think fast and probably would get screwed either way. All they know is some kid who was a nobody now has the power to defend a planet. Nothing to be taken lightly :yeshrug:

Dirty Mcdrawz

Your girl loves em....
Daps
new avengers just proved to me i couldn't be a super hero because i would have let that galactus destroyed the other earth and went back home to solve my earth's problem. i'm honestly surprised namor didn't give them dudes :childplease: stare.

Da Rhythm Rebel

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Strong Island
Terrax the Enlightened :whoo:

he had the coldest lines i've read in a book in a while

"You should run now. Something GLORIOUS is about to happen"

:ohhh:

followed by

"Or we could play warriors while a world crumbles around us....Pretending like this is something you can defeat with your fists...Well? What are you going to do?"

:krs:

Grifter

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Watching
he had the coldest lines i've read in a book in a while

"You should run now. Something GLORIOUS is about to happen"

:ohhh:

followed by

"Or we could play warriors while a world crumbles around us....Pretending like this is something you can defeat with your fists...Well? What are you going to do?"

:krs:

treated them like they treated Cap

Dirty Mcdrawz

Your girl loves em....
Daps
am i the only one that thinks that the event from x-termination and what's happening in new avengers is somehow related???