Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
The characters feel very A-typical.
That's why i wondered if Hickmcmahon pulled an okie doke recton on us, with the Summers family being the most blatant.

Hickmcmahon: The 616 yall knew from 1963 - 2019 was really just Moira's secret life #__ :troll:

Hickmcmahon: I said i was gonna clean up all that continuity shyt didn't I? :troll:

Hickmcmahon: Yall thought my Cyclops sounded a bit off? Well he's the REAL Cyclops:troll: And those kids aren't from the future :mjlit:

parallax

Superstar
Daps
That's why i wondered if Hickmcmahon pulled an okie doke recton on us, with the Summers family being the most blatant.

Hickmcmahon: The 616 yall knew from 1963 - 2019 was really just Moira's secret life #__ :troll:

Hickmcmahon: I said i was gonna clean up all that continuity shyt didn't I? :troll:

Hickmcmahon: Yall thought my Cyclops sounded a bit off? Well he's the REAL Cyclops:troll: And those kids aren't from the future :mjlit:

He cant even pretend to try to make that fly. especially since we saw him get iced at the start of this run

Saint1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CA
Hickman said in an interview that Dawn of X wouldn't dabble in alternate universe's or time travel. So im guessing it's still main continuity.

I doubt it, with him being in future foundation and all. But then again, there's too many similarities to write it off just yet.

house-1

house-5-2

:patrice:
Hickman has a style that repeated throughout his writing. Big sci-fi ideas, coded language, white pages with text, symbols and guys with helmets covering their eyes.

5989557-1708845632-43229.jpg

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
Fallen Angels was barely alright but the concept of the team is dope as fukk. It looks to become sorta like the black ops X-Force team except completely of the grid plus Sinister.

X-Men 2 was very good, but lol @ Hickman introducing the X-Men variant of the Avengers' Black Swan like it's all good and nobody will notice.:russ:

X-Men's ver of black swan.

whole time I was thinking what the hell is Elric doing in this comic :pachaha:

Hickman has a style that repeated throughout his writing. Big sci-fi ideas, coded language, white pages with text, symbols and guys with helmets covering their eyes.

Yeah pretty much.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
Ms.Marvel is my favorite character ever!
:banderas:

How MARVEL went and made a dope ass Muslim character is amazing!

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
LOL at the Leviathan reveal and no one giving a shyt. :unimpressed:

This dude Bendis even compared him to Magneto. :dead:

And the push is still continuing. :unimpressed:
I don't get the point of the big mystery of Mark Shaw being the guy.

No one has given a fukk about Mark Shaw for like 30 years. I don't even think he has been introduced in the New 52 or the mild reboot afterwards.

It is just another situation where Bendis is going to try and make a character he personally likes into some major player despite no one ever asking for it.

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
I don't get the point of the big mystery of Mark Shaw being the guy.

No one has given a fukk about Mark Shaw for like 30 years. I don't even think he has been introduced in the New 52 or the mild reboot afterwards.

It is just another situation where Bendis is going to try and make a character he personally likes into some major player despite no one ever asking for it.

His DC Hood. :mjlol:

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps
X-Men #2 was :wtf:

Fallen Angels was dope. I like the story centering around Psylocke and the plot grabbed my attention. Definitely better than the first issue of Marauders, Excalibur and New Mutants to me.

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps
Yo so doesn't Jean have to put on the Evil Reed helmet now to bring Xavier back with all his downloaded memories?

She ain't done that before huh?

She better not fukk up

Heel turn Xavier with distorted memories on deck

Or whatever all them paragraphs Hickman made us read during Raw and Smackdown were hinting on
Onslaught coming.

King Harlem

Superstar
Daps
Random Thoughts/Questions:
1. Why did they make Jason Aaron's Thor run so confusing? It's a very difficult task trying to collect all of them
2. Does Psylocke and Betsy Braddock have the same power set?
3. It seems like Image is having a hard time getting any traction with any of their books. I'm always looking for good independent comics and Image used to be a good bet, but even the good ones are inconsistent or end up being mini series.

Brer Dog

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

I had thought it was just Hickman being Hickman too when i first saw the helmet, but the way Xavier was talking in HOX gave off Maker vibes.

Saint1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CA
I had thought it was just Hickman being Hickman too when i first saw the helmet, but the way Xavier was talking in HOX gave off Maker vibes.

To be clear, I hold Hickman in very high regard. My favorite comic author.

However,
Hickman also has a problem where all the characters sound the same.

Everyone has big idea quotes and philosophical back and forths but in the voice of the characters.