Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Bushed
Daps
Anyone read prince of cats by ron wimberly? Shyts Dope

Prince-of-Cats-3.jpg

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
A few pages in and I'm not feeling Lemire's take on the Question. It's been years since I read GOAT'Neal's series, but I don't recall Sage being an a$$hole. Or dropping those stupid questions. :patrice:

"Question: what's black, red, and blue all over? Answer: your face." :snoop:

Yeah, he got the metaphysical down pat somewhat, but his Question is a bit too "hard boiled detective" Not Zen/Taoist like at all.

BUt hey, Richard Dragon's here and still in the wheelchair. So Vic might get some humility trained into him.

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
Yeah, he got the metaphysical down pat somewhat, but his Question is a bit too "hard boiled detective" Not Zen/Taoist like at all.

BUt hey, Richard Dragon's here and still in the wheelchair. So Vic might get some humility trained into him.
I thought it was a pretty good issue. Didn't really care for the BLM sub-story. I feel the issue is too much of a "trend" for writers (all media) nowadays.

John Reena

Superstar
Daps
Yeah Bendis last moments at Marvel was trash:

*Children of The Atom

*Bringing the OG 5 X-Men to the present

*Having Cable, RiRi, Blade, And Miles Morales form some random covert strike team

*Having the X-Men OF ALL PPL side with Carol Danvers to “profile” ppl.

*Having Iron Man be the sorcerer supreme in the far future

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps

*Children of The Atom

*Having Cable, RiRi, Blade, And Miles Morales form some random covert strike team

Bringing the OG X-Men into the present was the WOAT X-Men idea ever. Why did they let that go on for so long?

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets

*Children of The Atom

Iron Doom was dope. I mean, it’s weird he had Doom take over someone else’s role, but the new gear was :whew:

Mortal1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Bay Area
Absolute Carnage ended abruptly but
Damn Eddie and the earth just took a huge L Knull is freed from his cage :wow::whoo::damn:

what type of powers does Eddies son Dylan have? It looks like he can control and destroy the symbiotes like Knull. :ohhh: :leon::ooh:
All in all I thought it was a dope event and it really sets up what’s next with the Venom series.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly

*Children of The Atom

The O5 was good...for about 5-6 issues. After that, it was like "what the fukk is the point."

I like Bendis. I just think that you can tell that he gets bored with the runs/characters, then it takes a huge dive in quality.

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
I thought it was a pretty good issue. Didn't really care for the BLM sub-story. I feel the issue is too much of a "trend" for writers (all media) nowadays.

It wasn't bad, just a bit out of character.

Though I DO feel it's a bit like when Batman got hit with the Omega Sanction plotwise.

And no, I honestly don't like when any writer takes it upon themselves to show "how hard dey got it in da ghetto" or whatever.