Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
I know we're supposed to wait it out but I'm not really feeling Hickman's X-Men. I don't like how a lot of mutants are having a mutant supremacist mindset. Polaris being :mjpls: in the beginning of HoX #5. Also Jean was dead for several years and Scott just got resurrected but we've yet to see Scott and Jean actually reconnect. Wolverine's simp ass hasn't even really acknowledged it either.

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
I love Gillen's Doctor Aphra stuff.

shyt, imagine if Disney had already animated the Darth Vader series when fandom fever was high...

only to follow up with Doctor Aphra on Disney+.

The money they would print :banderas:

(edit: this was my plan to make DC stop pushing Harley Quinn)

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
BATMAN's Post-Tom King Creative Team Named
e489736260072845f1c83788897318e3.jpg

Writer James Tynion IV and artists Tony Daniel and Dani Miki and Tomeu Morey will take over as Batman creative team following the impending departure of writer Tom King.

DC Co-Publisher Dan Didio made the announcement for September 21's Batman Day celebration during an event at New York City’s Barnes & Noble Union Square.

All four creators have worked on different volumes of Detective Comics, which Tynion penned alongside the initial part of King's "Rebirth" Batman run. Daniel, Miki, and Morey have all previously worked on the Batman core title.

“I loved writing stories for [Batman] Eternal, Detective Comics, and even Batman/Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, but my desire to tell a Batman story, one focusing solely on Bruce Wayne instead of an ensemble, is what drove me back to the Batcave,” said Tynion in a statement. “I want to dig deep into the Bat himself and tell an epic story that pushes him to his absolute limits. I want to tell a Batman story like the kinds I grew up loving, one that embraces the horror and gothic elegance of Gotham and dives deep into Batman’s greatest villains.”

“I am very excited about this new stage for Batman and about being able to work with the entire creative team,” added Morey. “Tony manages to create iconic images of Batman that, along with Danny’s inks, will remain memorable to fans everywhere, and I can’t wait to work on stories with James. It’s a great challenge to live up to so much talent, but great motivation, too!”

“I’m totally excited about reuniting with Tony Daniel and Tomeu Morey,” Miki said. “I’m looking forward to returning to Gotham after Batman stories such as Zero Year, Endgame, All-Star Batman, I Am Bane, and others. Getting to work on Batman with along with Tony, Tomeu, and James is going to be a great ride! Gotham City is my home and it’s good to be home.”

The new creative team will take over with January 8, 2020's Batman #86.

OFFICIAL: BATMAN's Post-KING Creative Team Named

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Should make it a thread because it's a unique question. Who is the most beautiful Black female character besides Storm?

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
I know we're supposed to wait it out but I'm not really feeling Hickman's X-Men. I don't like how a lot of mutants are having a mutant supremacist mindset. Polaris being :mjpls: in the beginning of HoX #5. Also Jean was dead for several years and Scott just got resurrected but we've yet to see Scott and Jean actually reconnect. Wolverine's simp ass hasn't even really acknowledged it either.
After the revelation of the resurrection process I am just waiting for the reveal that Xavier or some other party has been slowly altering the memories/souls of mutants who died to make them all fall in line with the big scheme.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
He and Ikari were my favorite new additions. Shame they both died.
Ms.Marvel had a dope villain Ember Quade who was this InHuman student that could bring video games to life!

shes a good guy now but that little battle was nice

parallax

Superstar
Daps
Should make it a thread because it's a unique question. Who is the most beautiful Black female character besides Storm?

i dont know if shes most beautiful, but shes definetely most popular by far. because im having a hard time thinking of some.

theres rocket, vixen, empress,(i hate that shes been pretty much forgotten)onyx, misty, natasha irons, dany cage, alexis, monica, okoye, shuri,

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
BATMAN's Post-Tom King Creative Team Named
e489736260072845f1c83788897318e3.jpg

Writer James Tynion IV and artists Tony Daniel and Dani Miki and Tomeu Morey will take over as Batman creative team following the impending departure of writer Tom King.

DC Co-Publisher Dan Didio made the announcement for September 21's Batman Day celebration during an event at New York City’s Barnes & Noble Union Square.

All four creators have worked on different volumes of Detective Comics, which Tynion penned alongside the initial part of King's "Rebirth" Batman run. Daniel, Miki, and Morey have all previously worked on the Batman core title.

“I loved writing stories for [Batman] Eternal, Detective Comics, and even Batman/Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, but my desire to tell a Batman story, one focusing solely on Bruce Wayne instead of an ensemble, is what drove me back to the Batcave,” said Tynion in a statement. “I want to dig deep into the Bat himself and tell an epic story that pushes him to his absolute limits. I want to tell a Batman story like the kinds I grew up loving, one that embraces the horror and gothic elegance of Gotham and dives deep into Batman’s greatest villains.”

“I am very excited about this new stage for Batman and about being able to work with the entire creative team,” added Morey. “Tony manages to create iconic images of Batman that, along with Danny’s inks, will remain memorable to fans everywhere, and I can’t wait to work on stories with James. It’s a great challenge to live up to so much talent, but great motivation, too!”

“I’m totally excited about reuniting with Tony Daniel and Tomeu Morey,” Miki said. “I’m looking forward to returning to Gotham after Batman stories such as Zero Year, Endgame, All-Star Batman, I Am Bane, and others. Getting to work on Batman with along with Tony, Tomeu, and James is going to be a great ride! Gotham City is my home and it’s good to be home.”

The new creative team will take over with January 8, 2020's Batman #86.

OFFICIAL: BATMAN's Post-KING Creative Team Named

Could never get into Daniels' art.