Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Woodrow

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
WHERE IS MOIRA? :damn:

Moira's absence is hanging over all of these mutant-related good times like one of those glue-on wigs brehs are having their barbers attach to a bald patch.

On the one hand, it's dope as hell that we care so much about a character no one had given a fukk about in ages. On the other hand... what could she possibly be doing???

• Had a falling out with Chuck and Mags? :ohhh:
  • In stasis again? :mjcry:
  • Been forcibly removed from the playing field? :damn:

We need answers dammit.

Mortal1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Bay Area
Amazing Spider-man 30
So it seems like Kindred maybe Harry Osborn especially with his monologue to Norman in the cell. Then during the flashbacks Peter has while fighting Carnage Norman it pays special attention to Harry at a certain point. Overall the issue is pretty dope and a good tie-in to Absolute Carnage.

Powers of X 5
I know most think there's something up with Professor X but his conversation with Namor leads me to believe its still Charles. Especially when Namor proclaims Xavier still isn't strong enough to be the leader that truly believes he's superior to humanity.

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
WHERE IS MOIRA? :damn:

I'm guessing she chilling "No-Place", wherever that is, with that 5th backup server

I'm also guessing those locations will figure heavy into the upcoming books.

How long did Hickman's last Marvel run last? 8ish years? May as well say 7 if you take out time due to the meddling of a certain writer/editor duo?

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
How long did Hickman's last Marvel run last? 8ish years? May as well say 7 if you take out time due to the meddling of a certain writer/editor duo?

Yeah, FF/Secret Warriors in 09' till Secret Wars in 15'.

I read somewhere his plan with X-Men is 2 years, though I have no clue how true that is.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Honestly, keeping Moira hidden (assuming that's the play and not some bigger swerve) is the right move to make.

She is the ultimate trump card/reset button and it'd be dumb to have more than a select trusted few know anything about her. Simply can't risk the chance of her dying prematurely.

Hell, you saw how they waited until year 100 in her last life before they finally killed her, and only after a suicide mission to get her the knowledge of where that high as a kite ass lord frieza super sentinel ass nygga was first built.

I wouldn't have her out in public or even have anyone think she kliq'd up

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Avengers is direction-less and stuck in the mud. Nobody cares about the ghost riders or there little beef. Robbie, Johnny, Frank... wrap their bullshyt up already.

All that good will and momentum from that fiya vampire arc... down the drain because Aaron wants to stall so he can focus on jane-valkyrie and another old-man-thor solo.

Had an epic setup with the Squadron Supreme but just like the last time they appeared after Secret Wars, ain't nothing being done to build them up.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
I enjoyed Strikeforce. Premise a bit shakey but i can roll with it, and I like what they did at the end

parallax

Superstar
Daps
PoX #5 :merchant:

So they are saying that unless a mutant has the ability to overcome it, mixing their body with another mutant's mind in the resurrection ceremony will most likely end up in death.

Also...
"It's possible for telepathic operator to replace their own mid with a previous (legacy) version...."

"Charles Xavier has done this twice" :lupe: :damn:

Chuck looked evil as fukk in this issue too :russ: seemed like a mutant Lex Luthor.

Once again the issue is really good and then we have to go to the far future for the Phalanx stuff. Which I know will pay off eventually in the story Hickman wants to tell but it's still not as compelling as the other stuff.

I also don't understand what they expected the Phalanx to do. Getting consumed/eaten was kinda obvious given all the things we've been told about them, no?

I'd be :dead: if the whole point of this 1,000 years story was for them to figure out these superior beings are afraid of Galactus and the Phoenix :heh:

i was waiting for him to stab or mindrape forge the whole time. in this instance i kinda feel bad for emma. knowing shyts gonna hit the fan and in a colossal way, her ass is gonna be one of the first in the stocks.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
black panther book is basically wakanda is better off without t'challa, wakanda finds peace without t'challa, wakanda can defend themselves against an invading alien army (that t'challa is blamed for bringing to Wakanda) without t'challa, but wakanda does credit t'challa for failing so much that they learned how to be better off without his ass now :dead:

And now the book sunk to 18k last month. But at least the misleading covers are pretty cool.

parallax

Superstar
Daps
black panther book is basically wakanda is better off without t'challa, wakanda finds peace without t'challa, wakanda can defend themselves against an invading alien army (that t'challa is blamed for bringing to Wakanda) without t'challa, but wakanda does credit t'challa for failing so much that they learned how to be better off without his ass now :dead:

And now the book sunk to 18k last month. But at least the misleading covers are pretty cool.

i havent read the book for a while, but somehow none of this shocks me