Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

nightwing2016

All Star
Daps
Don't Be Jivin Me :damn:

I waited for over 20 years:ohlawd:

Said To Be The Most Powerful Mutant ever when he learn how to keep every Mutant and Super Powered Being he Synched with

:ufdup: now they need to Repower Prodigy and take of those mental blocks so he can keep all the knowledge of every being he come in contact

No joke, go back and read the issue on one of the white pages it says that synch and one other mutant will be able to maximize cerebro in ways that Charles couldn’t.

They don’t show him but the fact that he is mentioned like that applies he is alive.

Also, they unlocked all the info in prodigy’s mind already when they had him join the young avengers team and when he was in America Chavez book they mention how he has all the x-men’s knowledge.

It all sounds like wallflower is back too by some of the things Hickman has hinted at.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Its fukked up cause this issue starts off with this shytty art then closes out in the final couple pages with the regular artist they been using.

Whats the science behind that shyt??
:deadmanny:

9 months into his post-Bendis world and Miles #9 sold 31k :ehh:. He didn't need Bendis' teat after all it seems.

Those numbers are roughly what he was selling with Bendis, maybe slightly above

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
iqFqFnx.jpg

1MGSvqI.jpg
Nerd Dave Chappelle. :skip:

TNC

Hardbody
Daps
What happens to the depowered mutants?

There were several arcs after Decimation that had various people (good and evil) making attempts to repower them, some attempts were successful and some were failures but there were more deaths from Decimation than there were survivors where nothing happened.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Tynion is the new Batman writer:mjlol:

Has DC fallen off this bad:hhh:
I like Tynion and he has been writing some of the best DC books out there.
JUSTICE LEAGUE DARK is the best JL book out, his creator owned book THE WOODS was really good, his run on DETECTIVE COMICS was really good (doesn't hurt that he is an avowed Tim Drake fanboy), and SOMETHING IS KILLING THE CHILDREN #1 was the best comic book to come out on the week of the 18th.
Plus it's rewarding a dude who has been doing steady work at DC for years now and it's not Bendis.
My only gripe is that they didn't give the gig to Priest. I was hoping he'd get one of The Trinity after he was done with Deathstroke.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
James Tynion IV is DC Comics’ New Batman Writer in 2020 – Is Something Killing The Robins?

Sometimes all it takes is a little nudge for the news to come out. No sooner had we run the story that DC Comics was to announce the new writer of the ongoing Batman series tomorrow, for their big Batman Day across the world.

And noted that the Union Square signing with Scott Snyder, James Tynion IV and Peter Tomasi would be a perfect place to do so. At the time, we didn’t know if either of these three would be the announced writer, but put them all on the runners and rider lists – albeit with Scott Snyder way down.

Well, we’ve now got the word. The new writer of Batman will be James Tynion IV from issue #86 onwards, until Batman #100. At which point we will have another new writer, a new Batman relaunch, a new #1 and a new Batman, with Luke Fox replacing Bruce Wayne under the cowl, for the summer of 2020 and a new Batman #1 relaunch. Not Brian Bendis though, I hear he turned it down…

But for now, James Tynion IV, writer on Detective Comics, Justice League and with a new big hit at Boom Studios, Something Is Killing The Children, will be the ongoing writer on Batman, after the current writer Tom King was fired. Tynion’s first issue, Batman #86, will be in January.

Artist as yet unknown. Well, they have to have something new to announce tomorrow, I guess. Unless they also go all-in with 5G…

Tynion is 31 years old – which means he wasn’t born when Dark Knight Returns was published. He studied creative writing under previous Batman writer and current Justice League co-writer Scott Snyder. Tynion interned for the Vertigo imprint of DC Comics, working under Shelly Bond. Moving into advertising, he was invited to co-write the back-up features for the New 52 relaunch of Batman, in the midst of Night of the Owls, and tied the Court of Owls to Alfred Pennyworth’s father, Jarvis Pennyworth. Tynion launched a spin-off storyline with the ongoing comic series, Talon, which ran for 18 issues.

In 2013, Tynion paired with Jeremy Rock to co-create his first original comic series, The Eighth Seal, for Mark Waid‘s digital comic publisher Thrillbent, followed by House In The Wall, co-written by Noah J. Yuenkel and Eryk Donovan. In 2014 he was named one of the head writers of weekly Batman Eternal, and launched the original series The Woods, for Boom Studios, with artist Michael Dialynas, given an unprecedented full series order, guaranteeing that it will run to its planned conclusion at issue #36, as well as mini-series Memetic with Eryk Donovan.

In 2015, Tynion was announced as one of the co-writers of the new Constantine: The Hellblazer series alongside Ming Doyle and artist Riley Rossmo, as a part of the DCYou publishing initiative at DC Comics and the writer of the Batman/Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles crossover. He also launched two new creator-owned series through Boom, UFOlogy, co-written by Noah J. Yuenkel with art by Matt Fox, and Cognetic, a thematic sequel to Memetic.

In 2016, he was announced as the writer of the biweekly Batman series Detective Comics for DC’s Rebirth with both Batman and Batwoman as co-leads. He then began writing Justice League Dark, co-writing Justice League with Scott Snyder and had a new series for Boom, Something Is Killing The Childen, which just exploded.

And now? It’s Batman time.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
This is more room for Tynion and Snyder to jack each other off on paper I guess. I haven't seen such a self-serving partnership since Brubaker admitted that Fraction wrote practically all of their Iron Fist run and his role was just the name to prop the book up.

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
What happens to the depowered mutants?

Theyre probably exiled

It's funny, cause Dark Beast inadvertently discovered the cure for depowered mutants.

The depowered mutants he cured of the transmode virus during the last X-Men run got their powers back.

:mjlol: but Dark Beast is yet another person I wouldn't let 5000 miles close to my living island, genetic cache of mutant history and life creating mutants

This is more room for Tynion and Snyder to jack each other off on paper I guess. I haven't seen such a self-serving partnership since Brubaker admitted that Fraction wrote practically all of their Iron Fist run and his role was just the name to prop the book up.

:ohhh: Bru pulled a Bendis!?

:patrice: in hindsight it seems obvious. Look at Fraction/Aja on Hawkeye

:russ: now that I think about it, I can't even see Brubaker's style in Iron Fist, outside of Prince of Orphan's past

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
:ohhh: Bru pulled a Bendis!?

:patrice: in hindsight it seems obvious. Look at Fraction/Aja on Hawkeye

:russ: now that I think about it, I can't even see Brubaker's style in Iron Fist, outside of Prince of Orphan's past
Brubaker said he helped with some minor plotting, but that book was Fraction's baby and Brubaker being listed as co-writer was to give the book a fighting chance in stores since Fraction wasn't a household name yet.