Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Daps
"GOAT" MEN "GOAT" MEN
YEA THAT'S THEM!!!!

To think, them mark ass Inhumans was supposed to take their spots.

I marked out seeing 'Pac.

They took it there. They really did. And they didn't half ass it and explained it. :mjpls: MCU should take notes.

This gonna be a great year. The only way this goes forward is with amazingly well thought out story lines.

DAWN OF X will be incredible.
Wolverine shouldn’t have an Adamantium skeleton though because his claws are natural but the metal is not and that shouldn’t be remade in the cloning process.

Yo what happens to Evan/Genesis?
At this point it has to have bonded/effected him at a genetic level. IMO, brother.

parallax

Superstar
Daps
yknow, im kinda glad slotts iron man is getting cancelled after this issue. seeing both tony and jan shyt on pym when its clear ultron is in the damn drivers seat is ridiculous

Shade

King of Wakanda.
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
Some post from the Storm thread on the CBR forum got me thinking. How do ya'll brehs think Wakanda would fare in a war with Krakoa if that were to ever happen?

Last edited:

Woodrow

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Some post from the Storm thread on the CBR forum got me thingking. How would ya'll brehs think Wakanda would fare in a war with Krakoa if that were to ever happen?

in a straight-up fight, I don’t see any way in hell for Wakanda to take down all the heavy-hitters that currently call Krakoa home. Nearly every Omega-level threat on the planet is there. Proteus by himself might be able to crush the buildings. And then you still got super-level threats like apoc, etc.

That said... if any nation is equipped to hack into the Krakoa network, determine how it works and how it could be disabled, it would have to be... :sas2:

nightwing2016

All Star
Daps
Some post from the Storm thread on the CBR forum got me thingking. How would ya'll brehs think Wakanda would fare in a war with Krakoa if that were to ever happen?

They would lose, wakanda’s main strength is their technology which is at a distinct disadvantage against Doug/warlock, kitty pryde, Polaris and magneto.

They have two proven battle commanders in storm and cyclops one of which lived in wakanda at times lead the charge. The array is attack’s they can throw at wakanda will overwhelm them especially with apocalypse and the villains the fold.

I mean look what namor did to wakanda I know he was phoenix empowered but him and dr doom have giving wakanda that work it if i’m not mistaking.

parallax

Superstar
Daps
in a straight-up fight, I don’t see any way in hell for Wakanda to take down all the heavy-hitters that currently call Krakoa home. Nearly every Omega-level threat on the planet is there. Proteus by himself might be able to crush the buildings. And then you still got super-level threats like apoc, etc.

That said... if any nation is equipped to hack into the Krakoa network, determine how it works and how it could be disabled, it would have to be... :sas2:

im pretty sure wakanda is more than well equipped for mutants. theres no mutant there they havent seen before, and they are known for exposing weaknesses in the strongest enemies. honestly the only reason wakanda takes Ls is due to sneak attacks. and if krakoa pulls that.... well heaven help them

nightwing2016

All Star
Daps

Not with cypher there, he would shut that down

Woodrow

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
im pretty sure wakanda is more than well equipped for mutants. theres no mutant there they havent seen before, and they are known for exposing weaknesses in the strongest enemies. honestly the only reason wakanda takes Ls is due to sneak attacks. and if krakoa pulls that.... well heaven help them

Equipped for mutants is one thing. Equipped for an assault from Xavier, Magneto, Apoc, Jean, Emma, the Cuckoo’s, the rest of the Weapon Plus graduates (Logan and Fantomex in particular), Monet, Proteus, Legion, a living island, about 10 different x-men assault teams, the Brotherhood, the Hellfire Club, the Summers clan w/ time-jumping offspring included (and it looks like Vulcan’s crazy ass is in the fold too), the OG New Mutants, the Rasputins, at least three different x-force teams, Gorgon, Selene, Sinister, the Omega-level mutants, the villains, shapeshifters, teleporters, etc etc etc.

Again, I’m not saying they can’t win.

But in a fight? Against that lineup when they can also resurrect?? :russ:

I don’t see it. I don’t see very many groups taking them down, period. Not unless the mutants end up sabotaging themselves.

parallax

Superstar
Daps
Equipped for mutants is one thing. Equipped for an assault from Xavier, Magneto, Apoc, Jean, Emma, the Cuckoo’s, the rest of the Weapon Plus graduates (Logan and Fantomex in particular), Monet, Proteus, Legion, a living island, about 10 different x-men assault teams, the Brotherhood, the Hellfire Club, the Summers clan w/ time-jumping offspring included (and it looks like Vulcan’s crazy ass is in the fold too), the OG New Mutants, the Rasputins, at least three different x-force teams, Gorgon, Selene, Sinister, the Omega-level mutants, the villains, shapeshifters, teleporters, etc etc etc.

Again, I’m not saying they can’t win.

But in a fight? Against that lineup when they can also resurrect?? :russ:

I don’t see it. I don’t see very many groups taking them down, period. Not unless the mutants end up sabotaging themselves.

what does krakoa have offensively that the world has never seen?

a highly technological nation with safeguards built like batman in the tower of babel that is known for punching way above its weightclass vs the remaining of a slowly ressurecting people? if they can fukk the skrulls, thanos' men, and make mephisto their bytch, im finding it hard to believe they would have a contingency for each and every mutant on record. shyt knowing how cold hearted wakandans can be, they probably have a gas that can turn powers off. if krakoa attacks unknown, they better nuke the whole damn country or fly to space when its over or its gonna be some munich shyt ramped up to 11.

Romell

Superstar
Daps
Absolute Carnage 3 ending was crazy :damn:

absolute-carnage-hulk-symbiote-spoiler-2-1188068.jpeg

So apparently this is the first time the Hulk has ever had the symbiote in canon :leon:
ole symbiote isn't playing he told Eddie he'd find someone who'd be able to finish this. I wonder how the immortal hulk will play into the symbiote :ohhh:
I was going to ask is anyone else reading Absolute Carnage. That moment had me like :gladbron:

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town

When it comes to dues ex machina ass pulls, Hickman's "I create ships to survive the end of all existence" T'Challa is matched/surpassed only by Aaron's "I just pull anti-anything tech out my ass, because I'm the Black Panther" T'Challa :wow:

So yea, we already know villains have firearms with ammunition that suppress the mutant gene via nanites. So T'Challa and anti-mutant pulse bomb nanite fukkery is the type of fukkery I'd expect from Hickman; it would be a cold war.

Or, Gentle is repurposed from being a p*ssy to being the ultimate double agent spying for Wakanda while playing the role of a p*ssy this entire time:damn:

After goldballs, anything is possible :lupe:

parallax

Superstar
Daps
When it comes to dues ex machina ass pulls, Hickman's "I create ships to survive the end of all existence" T'Challa is matched/surpassed only by Aaron's "I just pull anti-anything tech out my ass, because I'm the Black Panther" T'Challa :wow:

So yea, we already know villains have firearms with ammunition that suppress the mutant gene via nanites. So T'Challa and anti-mutant pulse bomb nanite fukkery is the type of fukkery I'd expect from Hickman; it would be a cold war.

Or, Gentle is repurposed from being a p*ssy to being the ultimate double agent spying for Wakanda while playing the role of a p*ssy this entire time:damn:

After goldballs, anything is possible :lupe:

if gentle goes to krakoa, i have a sinking suspicion hes gonna be "drinking the kool aid" like the current residents

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast

Wakanda loses but Panther has found a way to put Silver Surfer in a hammer lock and has executed plans against Galactus.