Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

parallax

Superstar
Daps
its a shame this all goes sideways. potentially this should be dope, but invitation shouldnt be given to everyone.(especially with all the cultist shyt) and i can see wakanda is gonna be an issue in the future

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
House of X 5. :mjcry:

Hickman da Gawd.
TQsH.gif

this is the shyt legendary comic runs are made of.

the fact that goldballs (:bryan:) is legit one of the most important mutants alive right now is a testament to the world-building hickman has done for the last 2+ months. gotdamn.

i LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the resurrection setup. there's still a heavy price to it, because who you are might be able to live forever, but YOU don't get to. all those folks really fukking died! the reactions of wolvie, nightcrawler, cyclops and xavier at the end of house of x 4 have so much more weight now, and make so much more sense, because of it. they knew this was for real in one sense. :mjcry:

DOPE way to introduce a deus ex machina that still has stakes.

it's also dope because it all ties back to earlier stories. cerebro was actually used this way when jean saved xavier at the end of the cassandra nova arc (even though she was saving the original).

so many questions though.

in one sense, mutants aren't really that much different from machines at this point, no?

for all intents and purposes, this is the beginning of the chimera setup from moira's 9th life. only this time, mutant's leaders (xavier and magneto) are still in place to counteract any sinister fukkery... right? right?!? :damn:

speaking of... the fukkery that's about to hit if/when sinister gets his filthy paws on the resurrection setup... :blessed:

i swear, when magneto said "they should have killed us all when they had the chance"... that whole page felt like some in-his-prime bars from xavier/t-rex, and that line was the "get that nikka rex!" moment from k-shine. :wow:

so why did xavier still look so grim after he said it? is it the slightest of hints at potential for cracks in their union?? :ohhh:

the tease of x-force's role in all this... :mindblown::feedme:

not only did wakanda say "keep your drugs", but they're highlighted in red on the list of potential adversaries... we know what that means. some shyt is on the horizon for mutants and the center of black excellence. :sadcam:

emma really said fukk it and doctored the vote. and xavier cosigned that shyt! i love that cyclop's words in the very first issue, tie directly into what apoc is saying at the end of hox5... mutants aren't accepting the bullshyt anymore. if they've gotta cheat to win the game, fukk it. and xavier has ALWAYS been an egomaniac/scumbag on the low, so again, it makes sense!

krakoa's reaction to seeing apoc da first gawd again... :to:

logan's response to apoc and krakoa... :heh:

that logan/magneto/apoc back-and-forth... :feedme::feedme::feedme:

the villains have fukking landed... :damn::damn::damn::damn::damn::damn::damn::damn::damn::damn::damn::damn:

the last page... :mindblown::mindblown::mindblown::mindblown::mindblown::mindblown:

i'll be buying every single book tied to dawn of x. fukk it. i'm all the way the fukk in for whatever comes next. :banderas:

+1

Nyggas complaining about Raw and Smackdown on the previous page
HickMcMahon: "Uh huh. And we'll see all of you next week, same time, same channel! :troll:"

Vince%2BMcMahon%2Bdancing%2Band%2Bsinging.gif

Mortal1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Bay Area
Absolute Carnage 3 ending was crazy :damn:

absolute-carnage-hulk-symbiote-spoiler-2-1188068.jpeg

So apparently this is the first time the Hulk has ever had the symbiote in canon :leon:
ole symbiote isn't playing he told Eddie he'd find someone who'd be able to finish this. I wonder how the immortal hulk will play into the symbiote :ohhh:

Last edited:

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
its a shame this all goes sideways. potentially this should be dope, but invitation shouldnt be given to everyone.(especially with all the cultist shyt) and i can see wakanda is gonna be an issue in the future

:mjlol: aint no way in the hell would I have let Selene on my island

TrueEpic08

Dum Shiny
Daps
Reppin
SoCal State Beaches
@Daredevil @richaveli83 and @El Villano Ingobernable are absolutely right about HoX and PoX. HoX #5 should have felt like a massive, massive moment, and it wasn't without its merits (even though we knew we were getting pod mutants, I really liked the way Hickman actually got us there), but I felt NOTHING from reading this issue. Really, yet again, just a number of beats that need to be checked off as opposed to a story meant to make a point and affect the reader. It's crazy I'm even writing that, since the whole pod mutant thing is essentially a meta commentary on retcons and resurrections, but Hickman's utterly failed to make me truly care about anything he does beyond the level of curiosity. I'd almost rather be as angry as I was at HoX #2 than to simply barely care as I have felt this and other issues in the series (and on that note, boy how unimportant has plot device mutant Moira been in this? Her powers make two appearances, then completely disappear from the book even though they're influencing all of Charles's actions apparently. Most important X-Men issue my ass).

I more than likely won't be continuing with the Hickman era of X-Men past this. It's not even tedious at this point: I feel like I'm watching my nephew do something vaguely interesting without it being in any way impressive or fascinating, the equivalent of watching a 5 year old read People Magazine and thinking it's impressive.

This is comic book nihilism: publishers can do anything they want and charge anything they want for it as long as it looks good and carries a vague sense of scale, doesn't matter if it actually inspires anything in you beyond that.

I don't blame Hickman completely, but his writing tricks combined with the absolutely consequence-free world Marvel has created (since anything a writer does will more often than not be invalidated by the next event, reboot, or writer) has absolutely killed most of the interest I could build in this series (which sucks, since Hickman actually has done some very interesting things here).

If you enjoy this, great. Don't let me stop you. But this isn't really for me.

Last edited:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
:mjlol: some folks gonna be mad about that Scott/Storm shyt (no they're not fukking, if you havent read the issue)

:whew: that villains page. They even got Mentallo, Random and Wild Child up in there.

:whew:I don't even know how any of this hickman shyt gonna turn out, but this has all been great
This issue was odd...I'm really not feeling the majority of the characterizations of these characters that Hickman is going with.

nightwing2016

All Star
Daps
Just read house of x and the set up for the future of the x-men line is brilliant. Think of all the good mutant characters that were killed for no god damn reason that could come back now.

How many of the new x-men get to come back now. Icarus, wallflower, since Selene is there wither.

Hell we might even get the old g thunderbird calling Xavier whitey up in the camp.