Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
esBGjQa.jpg

this gay ass duo!!

:russ:

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
:mjlol: some folks gonna be mad about that Scott/Storm shyt (no they're not fukking, if you havent read the issue)

:whew: that villains page. They even got Mentallo, Random and Wild Child up in there.

:whew:I don't even know how any of this hickman shyt gonna turn out, but this has all been great

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
:mjlol: some folks gonna be mad about that Scott/Storm shyt (no they're not fukking, if you havent read the issue)

:whew: that villains page. They even got Mentallo, Random and Wild Child up in there.

:whew:I don't even know how any of this hickman shyt gonna turn out, but this has all been great

edit: That's not "Wild Child" from alpha flight/age of apocalypse fame. That's WildSIDE, from the Mutant Liberation Front

aaaand I just quoted a post I wanted to edit. See what sobriety does to you, brehs

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
HoX 5 :banderas:

Charles giving Emma the :usure: letting her know he knows...and that he has bigger plans going forward :lupe:

You know Sinister gonna fukk everything up like he did in Moira's 9th life, no way this resurrection shyt lasts long :russ:

Wakanda don't need nothing :birdman: don't give two damns about becoming a "naturally adversarial nation" to Krakoa :wow:

Apocalypse like "bout damn time y'all :ehh:" and Krakoa giving him a hero's welcome.

I thought this whole 12 issue mini series was gonna end with everything going to shyt and starting up Moira's 11th life. But now I'm not sure, though I have no clue how else it could end :patrice:

Woodrow

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
House of X 5. :mjcry:

Hickman da Gawd.
TQsH.gif

this is the shyt legendary comic runs are made of.

the fact that goldballs (:bryan:) is legit one of the most important mutants alive right now is a testament to the world-building hickman has done for the last 2+ months. gotdamn.

i LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the resurrection setup. there's still a heavy price to it, because who you are might be able to live forever, but YOU don't get to. all those folks really fukking died! the reactions of wolvie, nightcrawler, cyclops and xavier at the end of house of x 4 have so much more weight now, and make so much more sense, because of it. they knew this was for real in one sense. :mjcry:

DOPE way to introduce a deus ex machina that still has stakes.

it's also dope because it all ties back to earlier stories. cerebro was actually used this way when jean saved xavier at the end of the cassandra nova arc (even though she was saving the original).

so many questions though.

in one sense, mutants aren't really that much different from machines at this point, no?

for all intents and purposes, this is the beginning of the chimera setup from moira's 9th life. only this time, mutant's leaders (xavier and magneto) are still in place to counteract any sinister fukkery... right? right?!? :damn:

speaking of... the fukkery that's about to hit if/when sinister gets his filthy paws on the resurrection setup... :blessed:

i swear, when magneto said "they should have killed us all when they had the chance"... that whole page felt like some in-his-prime bars from xavier/t-rex, and that line was the "get that nikka rex!" moment from k-shine. :wow:

so why did xavier still look so grim after he said it? is it the slightest of hints at potential for cracks in their union?? :ohhh:

the tease of x-force's role in all this... :mindblown::feedme:

not only did wakanda say "keep your drugs", but they're highlighted in red on the list of potential adversaries... we know what that means. some shyt is on the horizon for mutants and the center of black excellence. :sadcam:

emma really said fukk it and doctored the vote. and xavier cosigned that shyt! i love that cyclop's words in the very first issue, tie directly into what apoc is saying at the end of hox5... mutants aren't accepting the bullshyt anymore. if they've gotta cheat to win the game, fukk it. and xavier has ALWAYS been an egomaniac/scumbag on the low, so again, it makes sense!

krakoa's reaction to seeing apoc da first gawd again... :to:

logan's response to apoc and krakoa... :heh:

that logan/magneto/apoc back-and-forth... :feedme::feedme::feedme:

the villains have fukking landed... :damn::damn::damn::damn::damn::damn::damn::damn::damn::damn::damn::damn:

the last page... :mindblown::mindblown::mindblown::mindblown::mindblown::mindblown:

i'll be buying every single book tied to dawn of x. fukk it. i'm all the way the fukk in for whatever comes next. :banderas:

Da Rhythm Rebel

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Strong Island
House of X 5. :mjcry:

Hickman da Gawd.
TQsH.gif

this is the shyt legendary comic runs are made of.

the fact that goldballs (:bryan:) is legit one of the most important mutants alive right now is a testament to the world-building hickman has done for the last 2+ months. gotdamn.

i LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the resurrection setup. there's still a heavy price to it, because who you are might be able to live forever, but YOU don't get to. all those folks really fukking died! the reactions of wolvie, nightcrawler, cyclops and xavier at the end of house of x 4 have so much more weight now, and make so much more sense, because of it. they knew this was for real in one sense. :mjcry:

DOPE way to introduce a deus ex machina that still has stakes.

it's also dope because it all ties back to earlier stories. cerebro was actually used this way when jean saved xavier at the end of the cassandra nova arc (even though she was saving the original).

so many questions though.

in one sense, mutants aren't really that much different from machines at this point, no?

for all intents and purposes, this is the beginning of the chimera setup from moira's 9th life. only this time, mutant's leaders (xavier and magneto) are still in place to counteract any sinister fukkery... right? right?!? :damn:

speaking of... the fukkery that's about to hit if/when sinister gets his filthy paws on the resurrection setup... :blessed:

i swear, when magneto said "they should have killed us all when they had the chance"... that whole page felt like some in-his-prime bars from xavier/t-rex, and that line was the "get that nikka rex!" moment from k-shine. :wow:

so why did xavier still look so grim after he said it? is it the slightest of hints at potential for cracks in their union?? :ohhh:

the tease of x-force's role in all this... :mindblown::feedme:

not only did wakanda say "keep your drugs", but they're highlighted in red on the list of potential adversaries... we know what that means. some shyt is on the horizon for mutants and the center of black excellence. :sadcam:

emma really said fukk it and doctored the vote. and xavier cosigned that shyt! i love that cyclop's words in the very first issue, tie directly into what apoc is saying at the end of hox5... mutants aren't accepting the bullshyt anymore. if they've gotta cheat to win the game, fukk it. and xavier has ALWAYS been an egomaniac/scumbag on the low, so again, it makes sense!

krakoa's reaction to seeing apoc da first gawd again... :to:

logan's response to apoc and krakoa... :heh:

that logan/magneto/apoc back-and-forth... :feedme::feedme::feedme:

the villains have fukking landed... :damn::damn::damn::damn::damn::damn::damn::damn::damn::damn::damn::damn:

the last page... :mindblown::mindblown::mindblown::mindblown::mindblown::mindblown:

i'll be buying every single book tied to dawn of x. fukk it. i'm all the way the fukk in for whatever comes next. :banderas:

:salute: everything you said

The potential for all of this to go sideways is so off the charts it's incredible

it was basically hinted in the data pages that the souls could get mixed up and placed in the wrong egg. Imagine putting Logan's soul inside of Kurt for example or vice versa

That's probably how Cardinal became such a chump in the future

Woodrow

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:salute: everything you said

The potential for all of this to go sideways is so off the charts it's incredible

it was basically hinted in the data pages that the souls could get mixed up and placed in the wrong egg. Imagine putting Logan's soul inside of Kurt for example or vice versa

That's probably how Cardinal became such a chump in the future

INCREDIBLE. and knowing how hickman plots for the long-term payoff, i can't wait to see where we're headed over the next couple of years.

YES!

they've essentially adopted the chimera model, and we know how that ends.

also, the whole soul in a different body thing, combined with the sinister secrets from last issue, sure makes it sound like madelyne prior has a big role to play in the upcoming fukkery.

speaking of cardinal... given the popularity of rasputin, i wouldnt be surprised if we see them again. we know that apoc's first horseman and krakoa's partner island will be coming into play at some point. what if rasputin didn't die when she opened that black hole? :sas1:

what if she was transported to the past like norrin was in silver surfer black, and she's chilling with the first horseman when apoc goes to find them? :sas2:

Mortal1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Bay Area
HoX 5 was so dope

Mutants (good & bad) finally united as one and cheating death Professor X, Moria are really playing with no rules. :wow:

Abrams Spider-man was interesting..
Seems like they're setting up another future spider-man with Ben Parker honestly reminds me of May Parker (Spider-girl)

Last edited: